[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Visual profile
Visual profile
boyan3001Date: Wednesday, 11.07.2012, 21:42 | Message # 1
Astronaut
Group: Users
Serbia
I see there is alredy a lot of discussion about visual style and immersion. SpaceEngineer's idea generaly is to do a relasitic simulator, so visual engine had since start some adv realism simulations, like HDR, auto-exposure, lens flare, now real body brightness and so.
I suggest to implement a visual profiles to save different settings. So one can choose from eye-candy and artistic view of universe through realistic naked eye view or camera / telescopic lenses, to the classic rendering mode (no lens effects for example).
Later in the game, profiles can be used as setup, for differnet view angles. So when you are looking from first person, inside the ship, from cockpit, planet space or EVA, naked eye setup is used. Or when you using some sort of remote cameras or telescope or even maybe third person folowing camera, you have different setup. Or in virtual, 360 cockpit, you can observe ship surroundings in a render mode... even that can be simplified render mode, that can be more informative than realistic view. And so on... you surely get the idea.

And one more thing. Later, the Engine can be updated with new realistic features of lences like chormatic aberration, realistc calculated lens flare and so.

Realno...

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 12.07.2012, 19:32 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Good idea. It is already implemented particulary: the Map mode have no lens flare, enabled markers, and so on. I may improve that system and add a configurable preset list to settings menu.

boyan3001Date: Friday, 13.07.2012, 01:02 | Message # 3
Astronaut
Group: Users
Serbia
Far as I'm aware of different game engines noone ever bothered much about that kind of details. But I think few features like that could do much for the photo-realistic rendering.

Realno...

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Visual profile
Page 1 of 11
Search: