RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Ground vehicles?
Ground vehicles?
AlexisDate: Saturday, 07.07.2012, 22:31 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Users
France
Hi all, i have a idea, add ground vehicles for terrestrial exploration, it is a good idea, no? huh

Imagine, explore the planets with vehicle physics cool

Thanks for reading and have a good journey!

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 06:37 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Hi Alexis, you are not first coming here with this idea. However, ground vehicles were in my plans from the beginning, so don't worry.

AlexisDate: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 10:19 | Message # 3
Observer
Group: Users
France
Ok, thank you for your answer!

Hasforjs97Date: Monday, 09.07.2012, 00:32 | Message # 4
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Spain
It would be nice to have ground vehicles, yes, because the Normandy could drop the M.A.K.O and explore the surface biggrin

My desktop:
Pentium G3260 @ 3.30GHz
8.0 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB

rannyfashDate: Saturday, 28.07.2012, 22:27 | Message # 5
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
I understand there are much better things to be implementing but as a request if it is popular or sparks your interest it would be a delightful little addition for me,

when I see such beautifully generated worlds it reminds me of rigs of rods (a driving simulator) and I would be very interested if there is a mod or anyone who knows their way around programming to help materialise my idea, I am willing to put in effort, I know a little Java and C++ and was wondering if anyone would give me a lot of help to start writing a mod if no-one else is willing, I imagine gravity will need implementing depending whether it was implemented when orbits were programmed, and I wouldn't even know where to start to begin when programming in the movements of any vehicle, I would be very grateful to anyone who feels the same to speak out and to anyone who knows how to alter the code of the program or has experience with programming vehicle movements to give me some pointers or links to relevant threads, thank you for any correspondence smile

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 28.07.2012, 23:11 | Message # 6
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Hello rannyfash, welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to read the forum rules.

The suggestion that vehicles be added has already been made before, including in this thread. It is already planned to be implemented in the future.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

rannyfashDate: Saturday, 28.07.2012, 23:17 | Message # 7
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Hello rannyfash, welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to read the forum rules.

The suggestion that vehicles be added has already been made before, including in this thread. It is already planned to be implemented in the future.

sorry, I didn't find it in the search engine with the criteria I had used, i am 17 with only 2 part time jobs i have plenty of time, please tell me where i can help

anonymousgamerDate: Saturday, 28.07.2012, 23:35 | Message # 8
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote (rannyfash)
it reminds me of rigs of rods

Rigs of Rods... and this? To me, they seem completely unrelated, but maybe Rigs of Rods style driving physics in Space Engine would work.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Ground vehicles?
Page 1 of 11
Search: