Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Some suggestions (Maybe you could make a patch or something?)
Some suggestions
Hasforjs97Date: Friday, 06.07.2012, 19:10 | Message # 1
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Spain
Well, now I have seen SE 0.96 and it's so amazing biggrin but there are some things I don't totally like how they work. For example:
- The planet editor: It's well done (reminds me of Spore GA) but It would be much better if you could edit the atmosphere and the rings as well.
- Then there are the starships: I like them so much, the models are very accurate. But the controls... The gravity affecting your ship is a really good work, but I think that appart from the gravity, other factors would have to affect its movement: for example when you are in the atmosphere, the controls of the ship would have to work most like the "aircraft mode", so when you turn the direction changes properly, and things like that.

Well, by the moment I dont remember more things. Also, I dont know if you have done it this way because it was easier, or simply you didn't know how to do it and you wanted to launch the new version with no more waiting because the people (me included) were inpatient, but I hope this can help you smile And if I remeber more suggestions I'm going to post them.

HäsFörjs

My desktop:
Pentium G3260 @ 3.30GHz
8.0 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 06.07.2012, 19:22 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Well, ships are in very early stage of development (not even alpha), they are included only to help our modellers make new models to look at them in the engine (and to attract new modellers). The planet editor is my debug feature, I included it in the release only as asked by some people, for the reason that it helps to pick out in real-time, good parameters for the procedural landscape generator and export them to a script, nothing more, so don't expect any magic from this editor.

Hasforjs97Date: Friday, 06.07.2012, 19:27 | Message # 3
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Spain
Quote (Hasforjs97)
for the reason that it helps to pick out in real-time, good parameters for the procedural landscape generator and export them to a script, nothing more, so don't expect any magic from this editor.

OK, so the editor won't be updated to implement it like a universe-editing game, but it's just a tool to help on script making.

Quote (SpaceEngineer)
they are included only to help our modellers make new models to look at them in the engine (and to attract new modellers)

I would like so much to do that. I have already posted asking how to in the GD section. EDIT: The post was removed because I found another older thread, but anyway I will left modelling apart and I'm going to have a look at the .map buildings
Thanks for the reply smile

My desktop:
Pentium G3260 @ 3.30GHz
8.0 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB

Edited by Hasforjs97 - Monday, 09.07.2012, 00:32

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Some suggestions (Maybe you could make a patch or something?)
Page 1 of 11
Search: