RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Structure Editor (Editors to create buildings, vehicles and spaceships)
Structure Editor
Should we have editors to create buildings, vehicles and spaceships of our own like?
1.Yes, that would be a cool addition![ 13 ][100.00%]
2.Wrtlbrmft. No idea, today's not my day...[ 0 ][0.00%]
3.No, nobody should be able to do that.[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 13
HirnsausenDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 08:28 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Users
Jamaica
Should we have editors to create buildings, vehicles and spaceships of our own like?

Imagine, you could create your own sophisticated spacecraft, outside, inside, functionally, and apply your own colors or choose textures for each element!

I would create a comfortable home spaceship. Something that has a habitable interior, like some cabins, and maybe even a small rainforest or waterfall. Inside one of the other rooms I would install all navigational controls, in another everything you need for a comfortable, spacious bedroom, and I also take special care for a wonderful kitchen, a representable living room where i could meet other players when docked and one day multi-player mode might be possible, and also a number of research and storage rooms where I can store things I picked up on planetary or asteroid surfaces.

When creating the outer areas of my spaceship, I made sure to use transparent materials for wide areas.

There should be also possibilities to create surface or subterran structures on planetary or asteroid surfaces, or for areas under the surface for more protection.

I can declare any structure as my base, so I can always return to it.

In the editors, there should be many, many different parts that we can use to develop such a structure. Players can even create with 3D software more parts, and those parts can be shared among players automatically when there is a demand (spaceship meets spaceship) or when desired.

Each part can have an own texture or color. Possible to layer different textures. Example: I use a nice surface structure like metal plates or stone design, and above it I put a transparent texture where only illuminated windows are visible.

After I decided to create the outside, I "carve" rooms into it. Each room can be filled with functional and/or decorative and/or living items wallpapers, textures, furniture, rainforest, navigation instruments, fridge, room temperature control, lamps/lights, sterilization devices (airlock), level 1 mining device, radar, ship engine, and so on.

At the begin, a player got only a certain amount of minerals, as found on Earth or the moon. So he can build only small spacecraft designs (each item requires a calculated amount of these materials).

Below: a vehicle to survey new territory.

Aircraft for some future atmospherical tasks

Some mining ship or freighter with fast storage ability.

Attachments: 3606424.jpg(581Kb) · 2145465.jpg(334Kb) · 8170169.jpg(349Kb)

Edited by Hirnsausen - Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 09:09

AndersanDate: Thursday, 04.12.2014, 11:59 | Message # 2
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pakistan
This way, he can stockpile more and more resources, in order to build bigger and bigger structures (buildings, factories, spaceships), or to construct special machines needed for more speed, or better mining, better long-range recognition, and so on.

Fai

HandbananaDate: Saturday, 06.12.2014, 00:41 | Message # 3
Astronaut
United States
Space Engine is too early in its development to focus on features like this. Land vehicles might be implemented soon, but they will not be of much use until Space Engine is closer to complete. Buildings are likely much further off.

I suppose one thing SpaceEngineer could do to temporarily fulfill this somewhat would be to implement a simple 3D model importer like that in Outerra.

Tonight... you.

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 06.12.2014, 09:42 | Message # 4
World Builder
Belgium
Quote Handbanana ()
I suppose one thing SpaceEngineer could do to temporarily fulfill this somewhat would be to implement a simple 3D model importer like that in Outerra.

I second this idea.

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 06.12.2014, 12:33 | Message # 5
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Handbanana ()

http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-1926-1

FaceDeerDate: Monday, 29.12.2014, 03:42 | Message # 6
Space Pilot
Canada
The remaining problem is that even though you can import arbitrary ship models into SE, you can't "anchor" them to the surface of anything. When a ship hits the ground they just go sliding frictionlessly off along the terrain.

Could improve some of my screenshots if there was a way to place a building or vehicle in a specific place on a planet's surface.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Structure Editor (Editors to create buildings, vehicles and spaceships)
Page 1 of 11
Search: