RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 212»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Are you kidding me? Realistic Game? (Random algorithm system is broken)
Are you kidding me? Realistic Game?
YuukeiDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 20:06 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
Spain
Sims 4 is even more realistic than this. Organic life at 25K??? wtF????? Are you even serious??

Liquid water at 66K?? Must have 1233492 tns of salt per square litre or something...

I suggest to wait until someone has finished making a game in order to release it and don´t even dare to ask money for a product in alpha progress at best... A lot of glitches and scientific fails are killing the good concept and potential that this idea had in the beginning.

You know? Indie does not equal to poor final quality stuff. Let alone the poor optimization. i7-4000X and Gtx Titan Z and still lags with spikes of 2 fps... Gotta know what multicore coding actually means...

FastFourierTransformDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 20:32 | Message # 2
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Can you be more rude please? we haven't understanded you.

Maybe you could develope a procedural universe with less money and faster Yuukei, so we can see that.

And what is a square litre? Please constructive criticism not that kind of garbage. Tell us where did you found that data and lets see if there is a justification before insulting a master piece. You know, nature always makes us to encounter strange missconceptions and apparent paradoxes, maybe you are embeded in one of those.

Antza2Date: Monday, 29.09.2014, 20:42 | Message # 3
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Yuukei, u wot m8
Life can exist in extreme environments just fine here on Earth. Why wouldn't it on other planets.

There is no point in being so confrontational. All you will get is annoyed and angry responses.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 20:48 | Message # 4
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote Yuukei ()
Organic life at 25K?

Quote Yuukei ()
Liquid water at 66K?

I challenge you to present evidence of either of these. SE certainly isn't perfect yet, but I'm pretty sure neither of those things can be found at present.

Also, please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, as they are important and will be enforced.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 20:53 | Message # 5
Galaxy Architect
United States
While we appreciate feedback and critique very much, there is a right way and a wrong way to provide it. Yours was exceptionally poor, needlessly antagonistic, and I'm not quite convinced you actually understand the scientific basis of your own criticisms, either.

-How do you know life is impossible at 25K? Are you an expert at astrobiology? Or can you cite an article on the International Journal of Astrobiology which shows that it is impossible?
-Where did you find liquid water at 66K? Are you sure it was not another substance? What type of planet was it (Terra, Oceania, Titan?). Please provide its location.
-What is a square litre? smile

What other scientific mistakes do you think you have found? Feel free to describe them here.
What glitches or bugs have you found? Post any unlisted ones in the appropriate thread.

DeathStarDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 21:49 | Message # 6
Pioneer
Group: Users
Croatia
I seriously hope that this is just trolling, but somehow I doubt it.

Quote Yuukei ()
Organic life at 25K???

Demonstrate you vast knowledge of astrobiology and show us why this is impossible. You do realise that organic life doesn't necessarily live on the surface of the planet, right? It could be living in a subterran ocean, for example, around hydrothermal vents(like some extreme life on Earth).

Quote Yuukei ()
Liquid water at 66K??

It's almost certainly not water. You know, water isn't the only substance that can be liquid. What you were most likely seeing was hydrocarbon.

Quote Yuukei ()
Must have 1233492 tns of salt per square litre or something...

Square litre? Are you serious?

Quote Yuukei ()
I suggest to wait until someone has finished making a game in order to release it

Why? Public alpha is good since it let's the dev listen to the opinion of the community during development, especially if it is totally free(like SE is).

Quote Yuukei ()
don´t even dare to ask money for a product in alpha progress at best...

And what kind of authority do you purport to be?

Quote Yuukei ()
A lot of glitches

Will be fixed. It's BETA for a reason.

Quote Yuukei ()
scientific fails

Demonstrate some. Or better yet, first demonstrate that you even have any idea of what is realistic and what is not. Your 'square litres' certainly demonstrate your lack of scientific knowledge.

Quote Yuukei ()
Indie does not equal to poor final quality stuff.

It's Beta, so no, it isn't final quality. Also, the quality is pretty high right now anyway. You are probably the only person who has ever complained how this simulator 'sucks'.

pzampellaDate: Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 14:31 | Message # 7
Space Pilot
Venezuela
Don't be so hard with that poor guy! He just made us laugh a lot with his attempt to make a constructive critic poorly argued and rudely explained.

form_d_kDate: Monday, 27.10.2014, 22:32 | Message # 8
Astronaut
United States
Given the lack of response & ludicrous claims, I'm going to say this guy is a troll.

SolarLinerDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 00:01 | Message # 9
Explorer
France
Quote Yuukei ()
Indie does not equal to poor final quality stuff

But you said 2 sentences before that Space Engine was not a finished product.

Quote Yuukei ()
don´t even dare to ask money for a product in alpha progress at best...

Well, you don't seem to understand the "donation" system do you?

Quote Yuukei ()
Organic life at 25K???

It is stated that life will spread and colonize planets around in Space Engine. So yes, life at 22K is possible, like in real life, life on Titan would be possible.

Quote Yuukei ()
Liquid water at 66K??

Under high enough pressures, water can become liquid at low temperatures.
That said, a planet being "Terra" or "Oceania" doesn't mean it obviously has water on it. It would well have been liquid nitrogen or something other than water that is liquid under these temperatures.

Quote Yuukei ()
Gotta know what multicore coding actually means

I'm sure he does: loading is made from another logical thread, when using loading mode "asynchronous". Interleaved and Immediate loading modes doesn't use multi-core by their nature.

Quote Yuukei ()
i7-4000X and Gtx Titan Z and still lags with spikes of 2 fps

Oh come on. My 4 year old laptop can handle Space Engine perfectly fine.
So either you deactivated OpenGL hardware acceleration (which I'm assuming you have with the troll nature of the post), or drivers are wayyy out of date (maybe they are too, why not both after all?).

You wanted your godwin point, i think you pretty much had it now. Now go troll someplace else please.

EDIT: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/11-721-43552-16-1410218404
Hehe, at least try to be consistent with your posts.

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

Edited by SolarLiner - Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 00:06

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 00:29 | Message # 10
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SolarLiner ()
Under high enough pressures, water can become liquid at low temperatures.

No it can't.

Quote SolarLiner ()
That said, a planet being "Terra" or "Oceania" doesn't mean it obviously has water on it.

Yes it does. Terra = liquid water, Oceania = water (no specific phase). Titan = liquid hydrocarbons.

My SE mods and addons

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 03:11 | Message # 11
Galaxy Architect
United States
I don't want to feel like I'm piling on you after Harb's post, but I think this should be emphasized anyway:

Quote SolarLiner ()
So yes, life at 22K is possible, like in real life, life on Titan would be possible.

We do not actually know that. We have only vague ideas as to the boundary conditions for which life can exist. Certainly they are much more extreme than what is survivable for humans (as seen from a vast number of extremophiles), but 22K (or 25 or whatever) is a huge stretch even for them. There are even some rather compelling reasons for thinking that life could not be found at such low temperatures.

SpaceEngine's life generation algorithms are not as rigidly based in hard science as most of its other features, and it can't be until we have a lot more knowledge on astrobiology. SE might be too generous. Or it might not even be imaginative enough. smile

pzampellaDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 13:27 | Message # 12
Space Pilot
Venezuela
We might consider tardigrades: they are able to survive at less that 1K, or in outer space. I know that they enter in some kind of "cryogenic state", but if an earthling organism can survive those conditions, Why evolution might not be able to allow them to eventually be able to develop permanent adaptation to those environments?

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 13:51 | Message # 13
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Yuukei ()
Organic life at 25K???

Maybe he found an ice world with subsurface ocean and life in it.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 17:13 | Message # 14
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote Watsisname ()
(as seen from a vast number of extremophiles)

People bring this up a lot but never mention that most of these extremophiles evolved from species that were in a lot more environmentally stable environments or environments more conducive to the production of DNA/RNA like chemical bases. This means you most likely wouldn't have life forming on extreme worlds and any life found there would have had to evolve in a more stable environment on a different planet. This is one of the reasons I tend to assume our solar system may be crawling with life, but most if not all of that life will be from Earth.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 17:16 | Message # 15
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
most if not all of that life will be from Earth

Given its early conditions, as well as low mass, if panspermia occured, the most likely scenario is that the point of origin would be Mars. (But this discussion belongs in another thread).

My SE mods and addons

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Are you kidding me? Realistic Game? (Random algorithm system is broken)
Page 1 of 212»
Search: