Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Location and Time Stamp on Screenshots
Location and Time Stamp on Screenshots
NevokronDate: Wednesday, 13.11.2013, 19:54 | Message # 1
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Austria
The idea to participate to this, make me think of a suggestion, which I'm not sure it has not yet been made (but could not find it...).
It would be nice to have a "location stamp" on the screenshots (optional of course), without having to capture the whole HUD. It would be even nicer to have the possibility to customize such stamp (location and time; location only; other info, like 'zoom' level, exposure and such 'photographic' things...).

Thanks!

Ciao,
Nev

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 13.11.2013, 22:32 | Message # 2
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Take 2 screens, one with HUD and one without, select the part of the HUD you want, paste it onto the image without the HUD. Tedious sure but most modern software will paste it into the same spot if the two images are the same size.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

NevokronDate: Thursday, 14.11.2013, 20:40 | Message # 3
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Austria
Thanks for the suggestion! smile

Yes this surely work, but I still wish some customizable stamping will be implemented. I'm taking a lot of screenshots and it would be very convenient to have them ready to publish with title, location, and so on...

I dream of something which goes like this:

- you enter a planetary system
- you approach a planet and find a nice spot from where to take a screenshot
- you press a button and a window pops up, where you can insert the main title of the screenshots (which will show for example in the middle), for example: "Verexew III - a Warm Terra in the Large Magellanic Cloud" - great it would be if you can choose the character and effects (text shadows, and so on... wink )
- on the same window, you can choose (with checkboxes) which other data you would like to include in the stamp (location, time, etc...)

Nev

Edited by Nevokron - Thursday, 14.11.2013, 20:41

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 15.11.2013, 08:52 | Message # 4
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Nevokron ()
I dream of something which goes like this:

I will make a menu for saving screenshots with any resolution. You enter resolution values, check effects (LOD 0, disable impostors and skyboxes, etc). Adding location stamp (with SE version!) would be just an option.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Location and Time Stamp on Screenshots
Page 1 of 11
Search: