Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Player populated galaxies (Sit back and relax... we got this)
Player populated galaxies
DiamondDogDate: Sunday, 15.09.2013, 04:10 | Message # 1
Group: Newbies
Disclaimer: Have searched for this topic and didn't find anything relevant (I tried)

Now, I know that these game engines are great for making entire galaxies with randomly generated code. But one of the biggest challenges that the game designers face is populating the 'game' with assets. (Space stations, Cities, outposts, etc... )

So, My suggestion is that if SE is able to just get the game 'mechanics' up to a certain point (resources, manufacturing, spaceships) then the players could populate the universe for him. So as we spread out into the stars there would be the odd player controlled station to trade, build, sell, buy at... You could make your own little empire.

There are people that want to fight, trade, explore and there are some that just want to create. I'm just hoping we get to do all the building instead of it all being done for us. I'd gladly spend all my time harvesting resources and building/maintaining infrastructure.

Anyone else prefer this type of game play?
SalvoDate: Sunday, 15.09.2013, 12:04 | Message # 2
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Hi DiamondDog, and welcome to the forum.

People always suggested to implement some "game" mechanics, SpaceEngineer (the developer) said that will probably implement a more complex system for spaceships, with fuel, etc, and maybe some of the things that you listed here, but they will be implemented in future and not in next relase smile

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)
VoekoevakaDate: Sunday, 15.09.2013, 12:35 | Message # 3
World Builder
Group: SE team
The author himself planned to make a videogame based on the engine, see here. But brfore, the priority is to complete the engine and fix the bugs (Space Engine is still in beta).

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Player populated galaxies (Sit back and relax... we got this)
Page 1 of 11