Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 57 of 69«1255565758596869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
AlekDate: Monday, 06.06.2016, 22:36 | Message # 841
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Quote Ostarisk ()
Along with that, I want to be able to search for planets by super specific parameters, such as whether the planet has rings or not, if it is tidally locked, if it has a lot of craters, if the planet is ice cold, if it is in a specific galaxy, and so on.

--You can already search for ringed/nonringed planets
--You can already search for tidally-locked/non-tidally-locked planets
-Why craters? To find planets with lots of craters just look for selenas.
--You can already search temperature ranges
-Why is this even needed? You can just select the planet, fly outside the galaxy it's in, select the galaxy, look at the name, hit the "backspace" key, and press G to go back to the planet...All cataloged, non-modded planets are in the Milky Way and the glaxy name is part of every procedural planet name.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

n0b0dyDate: Thursday, 16.06.2016, 10:58 | Message # 842
Explorer
Pirate
Star surface animation in universe sandbox2 :
sol:

giant stars:

just a wish rolleyes

(please Space Engineer cry )

FastFourierTransformDate: Friday, 17.06.2016, 09:58 | Message # 843
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Another suggestion for the far future :)

Following the research of Carl Rodriguez it looks like for globular clusters of around a million stars we can find between 1500 and 3000 black holes after just 10 million years. The black holes tend to sink to the core of the cluster and star a giant black hole mosh pit that can endure for quite long (scattering many black holes in the process).

They have produced a film that show the view near the core of the cluster (60 black holes in view) and how they interact. All the gravitational lensing and the beauty of the motion of stars and BH is for me mersmerizing. I hope to see this one day simulated in SpaceEngine cry

Watch the simulation here: https://videos.files.wordpress.com/eIDzkCA....dvd.mp4

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 17.06.2016, 16:05 | Message # 844
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
OMG
Rendering of this will be difficult...

sinsforealDate: Friday, 17.06.2016, 17:30 | Message # 845
Space Pilot
United States
SpaceEngineer, Well you do plan to implement this eventually? Correct?

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 17.06.2016, 18:18 | Message # 846
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote sinsforeal ()
Well you do plan to implement this eventually? Correct?

Same thing applies to all these questions

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Anyway, I should note: as long as SE is a scientifically accurate Universe simulator, then one day it will implement ALL space objects and phenomenon that are known to modern astronomy (if this would be possible to implement on the personal computers). So you may not bother yourself with questions like "will SE one day have meteor rain implemented". I guarantee that it WILL.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

sinsforealDate: Friday, 17.06.2016, 18:26 | Message # 847
Space Pilot
United States
DoctorOfSpace, YAY! yahoo yahoo

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

sclarinvalDate: Saturday, 18.06.2016, 18:22 | Message # 848
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
OMG
Rendering of this will be difficult...

I'm sure it would be :(

But I'd say, a nice place to start would be to improve the interface. Just saying. wink (I posted here a while ago, how I think it should look, here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/8-1386-65335-16-1465153963 )

Edited by sclarinval - Saturday, 18.06.2016, 21:18

HornblowerDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 12:40 | Message # 849
World Builder
United States
The default keys for Sound and Music should be swapped with the Screenshot Keys. The music player would default to F11 and Sound to CTRL-F11. The screenshot keys would be F12 and CTRL-F12. This way when you take a screenshot on steam, you also get a copy in your screenshots folder. What does everyone think? Would you all rather have two different screenshot buttons or just one for the steam version?

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 13:27 | Message # 850
Star Engineer
Germany
Why do you not change the hotkey for screenshots in Steam Overlay to F11? You can do this at any time!

Or better, why do you not make the suggestion to Steam to change the hotkey to F11, so that it better corresponds to SpaceEngine? dry

Apart from the fact that there are people who do not play SpaceEngine on Steam and also have no intention to do it. wink

And there are people who use other programs for screenshots and video recordings.
I use MSIAfterburner, have the hotkey F11, and always make two screenshots at once, one without GUI with SpaceEngine and one with GUI with MSIAfterburner.

Don't forget to look here.

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 15:09 | Message # 851
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Hornblower ()
This way when you take a screenshot on steam, you also get a copy in your screenshots folder. What does everyone think? Would you all rather have two different screenshot buttons or just one for the steam version?

Then steam screenshot could have a slightly visible text "Saving screenshot xxx.jpg" in the middle of the screen. The same issue as with music player.

sclarinvalDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 17:26 | Message # 852
Astronaut
Pirate
Just an idea for gas giants: Right now they have surfaces, which is kinda strange. It would be awesome if gas giants could form as small rocky planets with insanely thick and opaque atmospheres, meaning that you cold fly inside of one and not reach a surface. I think it would be a really awesome change, and hopefully wouldn't be too hard to do. smile

HornblowerDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 18:28 | Message # 853
World Builder
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Then steam screenshot could have a slightly visible text "Saving screenshot xxx.jpg" in the middle of the screen.

I use Space Engine on steam as a non-steam game and I take plenty of screenshots. Non of which have the screenshot text.

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 18:48 | Message # 854
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote Hornblower ()
Non of which have the screenshot text.

I think SpaceEngineers will say, if you make two screenshots simultaneously, with one keystroke, then this line of text will appear on the second image.

Don't forget to look here.

HornblowerDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 19:29 | Message # 855
World Builder
United States
But it doesn't. I take all my screenshots with the F12. Steam shows no text. I'm in the Space Engine group under the same name if you wanna see them.

Edited by Hornblower - Tuesday, 21.06.2016, 19:30

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 57 of 69«1255565758596869»
Search: