Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 52 of 69«1250515253546869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
HornblowerDate: Wednesday, 20.04.2016, 22:04 | Message # 766
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
It would be nice if we could chose what info would be displayed on the interface.
(ex. Phase, ESI, Solar Day, Age, etc)
Maybe we could add a section on the Show Objects panel or a panel for itself to select or deselect what we want/don't want to see.
Personally, I would want to show Albedo, but not show Phase.
Just a thought. biggrin

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 20.04.2016, 23:40 | Message # 767
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
This will be added eventually.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

HornblowerDate: Thursday, 21.04.2016, 14:45 | Message # 768
World Builder
United States
Space Engine mobile edition for your iPhones and Androids cool
In the far future, ofcourse

Edited by Hornblower - Thursday, 21.04.2016, 14:47

ProteusDate: Friday, 22.04.2016, 18:07 | Message # 769
Explorer
United States
Ship travel speeds divided up by travel mode:

(I actually don't doubt this idea has either already been thought of or might be already decided to be implemented in the future, but I wanted to leave this here just in case if that's okay?)

Thruster Speed for nearby structure landing/docking/atmospheric flight
Interplanetary Cruise for smooth travel from within a system from body to body
Interstellar Warp as we currently have now for the smooth travel from one star to another
Intergalactic Warp for very particular ships that can be capable of making it between galaxies within a not-too-unreasonable amount of time, but would take a bit longer than your average interstellar journey anyway.

I imagine planetary cruise would work similar to Elite: Dangerous, where, once a system is picked (whether or not its a star that is targeted or a planet), it warps to the general system in Interstellar warp, drops out of Interstellar warp into Interplanetary Cruise, and from there, smoothly makes its way (whether helmed maually or automatically) to the target planet in that system.

I really enjoy the interplanetary travel speed in E:D because of how it slows down and you can really Feel the size of the system as you're cruising through. smile

Edited by Proteus - Friday, 22.04.2016, 18:09

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 22.04.2016, 19:03 | Message # 770
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Proteus ()
Interplanetary Cruise for smooth travel from within a system from body to body

Ships in SE are planned to function realistically so such a feature is not possible.

You can easily setup a ship's trajectory with an intercept orbit to a body and then just use standard warp in a low effect boost field to achieve the same result. This works in a similar way to what you suggest however you, or the autopilot in the future, would need to calculate when to drop out and start slowing down your craft.

Quote Proteus ()
Interstellar Warp as we currently have now for the smooth travel from one star to another
Intergalactic Warp for very particular ships that can be capable of making it between galaxies within a not-too-unreasonable amount of time, but would take a bit longer than your average interstellar journey anyway.

These are the same thing, the only difference being your initial velocity and your boosting factor. Ships in SE will only be safely capable of a few hundred km/s at best meaning you will need to use higher warping factors to achieve intergalactic flight. There are ways to achieve much higher velocities, try jumping to a black hole or neutron star and slingshot and warping that way. You can achieve speeds of thousands of km/s however slowing down is very time consuming or impossible after this.

Outside of this you could always go into the ship config and increase the warp factor from 12 to something higher, but this makes precise warp factors more difficult.

For the time being you can just use time acceleration to make trip shorter happy

Quote Proteus ()
I really enjoy the interplanetary travel speed in E:D because of how it slows down and you can really Feel the size of the system as you're cruising through.

With the way ships are currently in SE it captures the feeling of size in a much more realistic manner than ED.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ProteusDate: Friday, 22.04.2016, 20:38 | Message # 771
Explorer
United States
Ok, fair enough.

I had something else in mind as well.

Boost factor presets, able to be selected with custom keybinds (kind of like how we have speed presets for the camera velocity). So with a simple keystroke, I can precisely select a boost factor of 4.5 for example.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 22.04.2016, 21:05 | Message # 772
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote Proteus ()
So with a simple keystroke, I can precisely select a boost factor of 4.5 for example.

I suggested something similar before with a menu option, being able to type in presets. I agree though, being able to bind or put it into console would be very useful.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

JackDoleDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 00:10 | Message # 773
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
Ships in SE are planned to function realistically

Concerning the realism:

Actually, I think that the control of a spaceship by hand is very unrealistic.

The control of a vehicle, any type of vehicles, is a matter of primitive cultures who have invented neither computers nor autopilot.

In a few years we will have cars that drive by itself, only the destination must be specified; and a few years later, the driving by hand will certainly be banned.

I doubt that anyone will control a spaceship by hand in a future in which it is normal to travel between planets and stars. dry

Don't forget to look here.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 01:00 | Message # 774
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote JackDole ()
I doubt that anyone will control a spaceship by hand in a future in which it is normal to travel between planets and stars.

When it comes to gameplay you can pretend that you are the computer, or perhaps the pilots mind linked with the ship deciding where it goes.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

quarior14Date: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 11:27 | Message # 775
World Builder
Pirate
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
Outside of this you could always go into the ship config and increase the warp factor from 12 to something higher, but this makes precise warp factors more difficult.

How can we do this ? This is the ship.sss file or something else ? Also, what is the line of code to do it ?

Quarior

MosfetDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 11:40 | Message # 776
World Builder
Italy
Quote quarior14 ()
How can we do this ? This is the ship.sss file or something else ? Also, what is the line of code to do it ?

Precisely. In ship .sss file engine lines are something like this:
Code
MainEngines  500000
RetroEngines 500000
HoverEngines 0
CorrEngines  2.5
TurnEngines  0.002
WarpBoostLog 12
Warpdrive    true
Aerodynamics false

In this case WarpBoostLog is the value to tweak. Then you'll probably have something very difficult to drive.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Saturday, 23.04.2016, 11:41

quarior14Date: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 13:38 | Message # 777
World Builder
Pirate
Quote Mosfet ()
Code
WarpBoostLog 12

Mosfet, thanks, I can change the TARDIS file I found, by DoctorOfSpace I think for him to teleport almost instantly.

Edit
I make, but a "little" excessive lol :
Code
WarpBoostLog 100000
Already at 100, I'm over 107 Gly/s approximately.

Quarior

Edited by quarior14 - Saturday, 23.04.2016, 14:35

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 21:59 | Message # 778
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote quarior14 ()
WarpBoostLog 100000

That seems a bit excessive and would make any sort of manual flight impossible.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 22:58 | Message # 779
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote quarior14 ()
arpBoostLog 100000

This will not work. LogBoostFactor is the exponent power in the equation:

apparent_velocity = physical_velocity * 10LogBoostFactor

But with such huge number you'll have floating point overflow.
Huge boost factor will not work also becasue warp autopilot is not designed for instant teleportation. It decreasing the boost factor while approaching the target to avoid missing it out, but using huge value could broke the algorithm.

GalaxyCreatorDate: Sunday, 24.04.2016, 08:55 | Message # 780
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forums, but not new to the space faring community. I did mod projects for Galactiv Civilizations II+III, Spore, X3 and Distant Worlds. I'm also a quite famous modder for Minecraft, Civilization, Freespace 2, TES and Fallout series. However, currently I'm working on a map project for Galciv III, and as of latest focus on creating all my mods for one and the same universe, as referenced here...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3808707
http://www.nexusmods.com/galacticcivilizations3/mods/53/?

...currently the universe consists of a single galaxy only named Spindelcore Galaxy, but in future I'm trying to expand on the idea, allowing it to mouth into a full fledged Life RPG. I'm even dreaming of my own RPG or 4x space game, however, that's all about dreams. So where's the relation to Space Engine you ask?

Simple, I'm currently using it to accurately create the map for Galciv III, with correct star positions. I'm also using Space Engine to build my own universe as reference for all later projects. Unfortunately I'm missing some features, and I would be very happy to see some of the following, or all, features...

1. plank Planetarium to allow building your very own universe. Currently I had to "hack" all the default catalogue files in order to achieve that goal
2. multiple Planetariums (savegames?) for diverse projects so I'm not forced to mod on the default universe, which is simply to awesome to be overriden by custom changes
3. the ability to completely exclude any procedural stars/nebulaes etc. whatsoever. It's awesome for the default program, but gets in your way if you're trying to use SE to build something custom. I'm aware that you can turn it off and on, but that's not what I want...;)
4. a "galaxy map mode", which I recon there already is. The problem is, Stars tend to get hidden if you're are to far away from them aka zooming the map to far out. So what I specifically like to see is a mode that enables stars to never hide when you're zooming out the map, and make all of them showen on the map regardless of distance, luminosity etc. I had to bypass this by adding a AppMagn of -2.0 to all stars, so they wouldn't disappear.

I'd be happy to help you guys with anything you want. I'm good at texturing, skilled in Phython, .xml, html, c++, basic and java. I'm also getting things done in Nifskope and blender, though I'm not as good in modelling, primarly due to time constraints. I'm setting up two modding projects for now, one with a completely emptied planetarium, showing only Milky Way and Solar system, and one with my custom vision of the Spindelcore Galaxy.

Regards

GC

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 52 of 69«1250515253546869»
Search: