Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 49 of 69«1247484950516869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
jacobaaronberubeDate: Tuesday, 08.03.2016, 07:12 | Message # 721
Observer
Group: Users
Pirate
Oohh... dur. I feel stupid XD

BridgettenDate: Wednesday, 16.03.2016, 20:13 | Message # 722
Space Tourist
Group: Banned
United States
I have a idea What about dwarf galaxies?

Dwarf galaxy is a galaxy all galaxies smaller than Large Magellanic Cloud would called "Dwarf Galaxy" instend "Galaxy" also Small/Large Magellanic Cloud galaxy should as dwarf galaxy

Here is wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_galaxy

PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 16.03.2016, 22:59 | Message # 723
Pioneer
United States
After downloading and installing Rodrigo's updated mod for RC 1 and exploring one of my custom worlds, I got an idea. Would it be possible to have two styles of mountains, like there are for hills? One would be the standard SE ridge mountains, and the other would be the new Rodrigo/Klud mountains. It would provide a greater variety of mountain ranges to explore, and I think Earth has a similar diversity of mountains in real life as well. Some ranges are ridged like the standard SE montes, and other ranges are like the Klud/Rodrigo montes.

Also, would it be possible to combine the shaders for volcanoes and shaders for the ice crack, to create a new shader for alien night lights, either for cities and/or bioluminescence? I managed to tweak the volcano "hack" little bit and on the surface of my planet, the bright lines of light remind me of alien roadways. :)

Edit: The volcano hack I referenced is here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3370-1 . For my planet, I upped volcano octaves to 3 and frequency from 25000 to 100000.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Wednesday, 16.03.2016, 23:05

SalvoDate: Thursday, 17.03.2016, 07:21 | Message # 724
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
for cities

It would be very nice but just as "cheat" or hidden feature, since it's very very unrealistic.

Besides the fact that we don't know how common alien cities are, if there is any, and if an alien civility needs lights, it would be very unrealistic because as soon as you fly near the surface you wouldn't see any city but just a giant yellow (I guess?) blob. sad

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

lupusDate: Thursday, 17.03.2016, 09:24 | Message # 725
Observer
Poland
Good point with those cities. To help imagining how ridiculously different can an alien civilization grow, and how humans can mistake aspects of their civilization for something else, I recommend "Fiasco" by Stanislav Lem (one of the greatest hard sci-fi novels I've ever read).

In fact, if Space Engineer wants to keep his creation 100% scientifically accurate, it is really better not to add any alien cities at all. Modeling nonsentient alien life is difficult enough with all its possibilities and our lack of further perspective.

Edited by lupus - Thursday, 17.03.2016, 09:25

405helDate: Friday, 18.03.2016, 17:01 | Message # 726
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Can we get larger procedural asteroids? I found it weird that there's no asteroids above 200 km in diameter when our system has like a dozen of those...

SalvoDate: Monday, 21.03.2016, 07:41 | Message # 727
Star Engineer
Italy
I've been three days with a person who teaches astronomy (on Schools, YouTube, and so on...) and we talked about SpaceEngine.

The first thing he told me was that the controls were not clear.
Every-time he showed SE to someone, and let him/her try it, no-one was able to do anything!
I mean: they sat on the chair and the only thing they could do, without asking, was moving around.

So I thought... What about making a tutorial?

It could show to the user what you can do with SE (and how to do it), maybe just the first time you open it.
Then, the next times, it could be selected on the menu or a button that says "Show Tutorial" could appear for a few seconds when you open the planetarium.

What do you think? Could this be added to the To-Do list?

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 21.03.2016, 18:36 | Message # 728
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Yes, tutorial must be implemented, probably before releasing on Steam.

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 22.03.2016, 23:48 | Message # 729
Star Engineer
Germany
I find, SpaceEngine needs an undo function that remembers the last position, so that you can return if accidentally the position is changed by an incorrect keystroke or mouse click! wink

Don't forget to look here.

FastFourierTransformDate: Friday, 25.03.2016, 20:06 | Message # 730
Pioneer
Spain
What about adding the optical distortion effects of atmospheres? For example like in this painting, where the light rays of the ring system got bended because of the density gradient of the atmosphere:

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Saturday, 26.03.2016, 23:46 | Message # 731
Space Tourist
New Zealand
How about adding support for custom music playlists?

"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."

VoekoevakaDate: Sunday, 27.03.2016, 00:40 | Message # 732
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Quote Oatmeal_Spigeon ()
How about adding support for custom music playlists?

This is easy to do.

You just need to put on the music folder, in the oggformat; Audacity supports export in ogg format.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

MosfetDate: Sunday, 27.03.2016, 16:05 | Message # 733
World Builder
Italy
Quote Voekoevaka ()
Audacity supports export in ogg format.

The nice thing with Audacity is you can drag an entire bunch of mp3 files into the program interface window, wait for raw conversion, then simply use the "file/Export Multiple" option to save all in another format, ogg in this case.

Edit:

This reminds me a thing.
If you want to add a particular music when you are let's say in interstellar space, right now you need to manually add the file name in the appropriate string in (spaceenginedir)/music/context.cfg, or you can simply disable the contextual music option in the program.

I wonder if wouldn't be simpler (or not terribly complicated, thinking of you SpaceEngineer smile ) using some sort of tag reading mechanism, so if you add a specific tag in a ogg file or a group of files e.g. a tag with fieldname Class and data "Galaxy", then they could be played accordingly, as it is now. I think this could ease the music context manageability.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Sunday, 27.03.2016, 16:33

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 19:01 | Message # 734
Pioneer
United States
Does a "NoBifurcate" parameter or option exist for individual catalog stars? If not, I think it might be a good idea, if one wants to create fictional systems, but still have "StarProcBifurcation" turned on. smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 19:02

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 23:45 | Message # 735
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote FastFourierTransform ()
What about adding the optical distortion effects of atmospheres? For example like in this painting, where the light rays of the ring system got bended because of the density gradient of the atmosphere:

A real image of the same thing. smile

I, too, would love to see this. My guess is it would require ray-tracing and be computationally expensive like black holes and warp shaders.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 49 of 69«1247484950516869»
Search: