Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 48 of 69«1246474849506869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
jacobaaronberubeDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 04:26 | Message # 706
Observer
Group: Users
Pirate
When I went into the black hole (https://gyazo.com/04d615b9f963c686158398a57defad63) It wasnt what I was expecting, the rings are too bright, and theres no way to change that other than changing exposure, It would be cool to have a ring editor where we can add multiple rings with different offsets to the same body, as well as an array of other features like brightness, JPG file importation, thickness... etc Note: I am SO glad (yet super scared) that I can go IN the black hole, and make it almost impossible to get out :P that was some good coding guys! Last thing: You should add seperate tabs for searching for different types of bodies, like, lets say I want to look for black holes, BAM, theres a tab for it, AND lets say I want to find an asteroid, BAM; another tab... you get the deal... I hope you read this... This game has sparked my imagination by a LOT... I'm glad you're working on this game :P (I know... I shouldnt get mushy and crap... and that I should only post comments about the game in the misc section, but... chances are you wont read this there...)

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 12:16 | Message # 707
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Watsisname ()
Basically all I am saying is that the formula for the force of gravity F=GMm/r2 (Newton's Law of Gravity) is not accurate near a black hole. We really need to use general relativity.

In simple calculations (or in calculations which required good performance) one can use the Paczynski-Wiita approximation for Schwarzschild potential:
F = - G * M / (R - Rg)[sup]2[/sip]

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 12:21 | Message # 708
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote jacobaaronberube ()
It would be cool to have a ring editor

Planet editor supports editing accretion disk parameters.

where we can add multiple rings with different offsets to the same body

This is impossible. Accretion disk and warp effect is a single shader effect. Such things cannot be cascaded over each other.

SO glad (yet super scared) that I can go IN the black hole, and make it almost impossible to get out

You can't go inside black hole. Camera is stopped at a Schwarzschild radius.

You should add seperate tabs for searching for different types of bodies, like, lets say I want to look for black holes, BAM, theres a tab for it, AND lets say I want to find an asteroid, BAM; another tab...

Press "configure filter" button on the Star Browser dialog.

jacobaaronberubeDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 18:57 | Message # 709
Observer
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
You can't go inside black hole. Camera is stopped at a Schwarzschild radius.

You're wrong though (0.974):

also, I found out how to search EVERYTHING , just put a lot of 9's and then when you search, the search radius will be infinity :P

Edited by jacobaaronberube - Sunday, 06.03.2016, 18:58

philociraptorDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 20:24 | Message # 710
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
I've played with space engine quite a bit. Here's a few suggestions that may help and add on to the immersion:

* A Local Solar Time, for any world. Basically, a time of day clock, unique to the orbital parameters, size, etc.

* A top-down global map. For navigating close to the surface, it would be awesome to see where I'm going, with respect to the terrain. A scalable, zoomable, orientable map, in color. This would help without having to go into high orbit, just to point myself towards that particular mountain range, crater, ocean, etc.

* Another type of orientation, that follows the curvature of the world. For camera mode. Flying along at whatever altitude, this would conform to the curvature, so one doesn't have to correct the pitch every second. It would be similar to the 'Rotate with object' , without having to correct the pitch. Once the angle of attack is set, the alt should remain the same, even during complete circumnavigation.

These little things seem simple enough. They would improve the simulator in the minor ways.

anonymousgamerDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 20:37 | Message # 711
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States

That's still outside of the event horizon.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 20:49 | Message # 712
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation

lol no, I am not wrong:

Stationary observer near the black hole may see Universe as a disk above his head. As observer approaches the event horizon, the disks's diameter become smaller than 180° (or, the same, black hole's shadow diameter become greater than 180°). At the event horizon the Universe image collapsing into a point with infinite blueshift.

It's time to open a thread "Why black holes looked like this", similar to the thread about read giants. Universe is not always intuitive!

Attachments: 6493299.jpg(168Kb)

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 20:55 | Message # 713
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote philociraptor ()
* A Local Solar Time, for any world. Basically, a time of day clock, unique to the orbital parameters, size, etc.

This may be ambiguous. On a tidally locked planet, time of day have no sense. A planet with 90° axial tilt (like Uranus) once in a year facing the sun by by it's pole - local time have no sense in this moment. A planet with long rotational period and eccentric orbit may have moments in time when sun moved backward in the sky, sitting at the east or rising at the west (like on Mercury).

MosfetDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 22:04 | Message # 714
World Builder
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It's time to open a thread "Why black holes looked like this", similar to the thread about read giants. Universe is not always intuitive!

I approve heartily, a topic that's fascinating beyond measure, and right now black hole sims in SE are graphically capable to help grasping the concept of black hole "shadow". That's Astronomy, baby!

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

philociraptorDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 23:31 | Message # 715
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
This may be ambiguous. On a tidally locked planet, time of day have no sense. A planet with 90° axial tilt (like Uranus) once in a year facing the sun by by it's pole - local time have no sense in this moment. A planet with long rotational period and eccentric orbit may have moments in time when sun moved backward in the sky, sitting at the east or rising at the west (like on Mercury).

Yes, this may have to apply to the worlds that have rotation, orbit-to-rotation ratio, and the applicable tilt. Much in the same way as atmospheric pressure, for those that have an atmosphere. I don't see any discrepancy with a tidal-locked world, since the time wouldn't vary, but be proportional to lat/long.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

By the way, Vladimir, I imagined such a program as this, about 20 years ago. I played with Celestia for a bit. But, I felt that modern computers could at least allow a seamless transition from atmosphere to space, to another star, to atmosphere in the way you have done. But, you went much further than my expectation with procedural generation. It's actually incredibly awesome, what you have created.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Monday, 07.03.2016, 01:02 | Message # 716
Pioneer
United States
Since custom hues and saturations of atmospheres are now available as of RC 1, would it be possible to add a randomization parameter, that one could use for custom catalog planets? As far as I can tell, leaving out the Hue and Saturation parameters make SE default to Hue 0 and Saturation 1. Perhaps a "RandomizeColor true"? Granted the pseudo-random color would only change when the seed changes, and so forth.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 07.03.2016, 02:28 | Message # 717
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
As far as I can tell, leaving out the Hue and Saturation parameters make SE default to Hue 0 and Saturation 1. Perhaps a "RandomizeColor true"? Granted the pseudo-random color would only change when the seed changes, and so forth.

SE indeed keeps 0 and 1 for catalog planets, to not break down Earth and Solar System planets. Why not set up some value manually for your custom planet?

PlutonianEmpireDate: Monday, 07.03.2016, 03:46 | Message # 718
Pioneer
United States
Defauting to 0 and 1 is good to begin with. I figured an optional randomization parameter might be beneficial for the creative aspects of sci fi world building. Not to mention, if one used custom compositions for atmosperes, it would tell SE to try to automatically determine the best hue/saturation levels if one already specified a specific atmosphere model.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

jacobaaronberubeDate: Tuesday, 08.03.2016, 00:46 | Message # 719
Observer
Pirate
But I went forward towards the black hole, then it wrapped around me towards the back, then, when I got to the center, I couldnt find the exit....

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 08.03.2016, 01:12 | Message # 720
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
jacobaaronberube, you are not inside the black hole, despite what it might look like. This is a counter-intuitive effect of relativity when you are hovering close to a black hole's event horizon.

Read about it in the discussion starting here. smile

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 48 of 69«1246474849506869»
Search: