RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 46 of 69«1244454647486869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
KermitDate: Thursday, 28.01.2016, 18:37 | Message # 676
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Hello there, apologies if I misplaced this post.
1) Thank you for this excellent space toy.
2) Query as to why most dwarf moons that are procedurally generated have densities between 0.3-0.5g/ cm whereas known real-life ones tend to be 1-3g/cm
3) Why is Proxima Centauri treated as a separate system, when the general trend has it as part of Alpha Centauri?
Not gripes, just puzzled

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 29.01.2016, 01:04 | Message # 677
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote Kermit ()
apologies if I misplaced this post.

This should have been posted in the FAQ thread, as these are questions, not suggestions.

Quote Kermit ()
Query as to why most dwarf moons that are procedurally generated have densities between 0.3-0.5g/ cm whereas known real-life ones tend to be 1-3g/cm

Most of the ones I've checked tend to have densities >1, so I don't know. Maybe some of them are supposed to be captured comets, while others are supposed to have formed alongside the planet. Have you compared the densities of inner and outer dwarf moons?

Quote Kermit ()
Why is Proxima Centauri treated as a separate system, when the general trend has it as part of Alpha Centauri?

Because its orbit with respect to Alf Cen AB is unknown. Without orbital elements, it cannot be placed in the same system.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

nicolasblavetDate: Friday, 29.01.2016, 06:16 | Message # 678
Observer
Pirate
Hello
First of all I want to say that SE is really great!
I was wondering if it would make sense to add an other layer of hierarchy in the description of barycenter, cluster and nebulae.
The idea would be to state that those elements belong to a galaxy and have coordinate compare to the galaxy center.
This would allow to "easily" place such elements in a custom galaxy and could also help to make everything in the galaxy rotate around its center.
So basically the idea is to have a similar hierarchical system as between barycenter/star but between galaxy and barycenter/cluster/nebulae

nmoavinisDate: Sunday, 31.01.2016, 12:48 | Message # 679
Observer
Pirate
I suggest one small thing.I would love to see meteors in planets with atmosheres.This event would happen every now and then.

FireintheholeDate: Sunday, 31.01.2016, 13:25 | Message # 680
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote nmoavinis ()
I suggest one small thing.I would love to see meteors in planets with atmosheres.This event would happen every now and then.

SpaceEngineer has this on his TODO-list.

Love SpaceEngine!

OMGspace_engineDate: Sunday, 31.01.2016, 15:44 | Message # 681
Observer
Group: Users
Brazil
I have an suggestion that I think is very useful, I dont have any idea of the difficulty to implement this, but i think it is not too hard cause the most important part is already done(the image generation) :)
Whatever, my ideia is, when you enter the atmosphere of a planet, the HUD open a new box to show the map of the planet and the camera's position on it, I create an image for example of how the HUD could look like: http://imgur.com/dQQtl3y
How you can see, the map have an small red arrow that show where the camera is and to where it is pointing
In a test I made, an 500px250p map is enough to an good looking map in a Full HD screen

Edited by OMGspace_engine - Sunday, 31.01.2016, 21:29

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 31.01.2016, 16:47 | Message # 682
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
OMGspace_engine, that is actually a pretty neat idea. smile

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

quarior14Date: Sunday, 31.01.2016, 19:21 | Message # 683
World Builder
Pirate
OMGspace_engine
Cool as idea and also, it could be already used for positioning objects with the new fixed (orbit) method and if one manages to make such structures the cities for example, it could serve as good will have to be patient.

Quarior

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 31.01.2016, 19:37 | Message # 684
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
the HUD open a new box to show the map of the planet and the camera's position on it

But I think it should not be fixed but movable.
So I think, all HUD elements should be movable.
And the console should be resizable, so that, for example, only the input line and an output window will remain, that is one or two lines in size.

Mainly it bothers me that the left sidebar covers part of the info text. It could also the text be moved when the bar is visible.

But I know that's probably just me - with my small screen and with my habit to have open all HUD elements - who has this problem. wacko sad

Attachments: 6598552.jpg(110Kb) · 7296369.jpg(110Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

OMGspace_engineDate: Sunday, 31.01.2016, 21:24 | Message # 685
Observer
Brazil
Quote JackDole ()
But I think it should not be fixed but movable.

Initially I was thinking the map, in the example image i made, could have the "pin" icon to lock it in the screen or let it auto-hide if you move the mouse away from it(like all the other HUDs), the corrected image: http://imgur.com/dQQtl3y

JackDoleDate: Monday, 01.02.2016, 15:36 | Message # 686
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Another reason why I think it would be good if the HUD elements were movable.

If I use two monitors, a part of the HUD elements are not visible. sad

Attachments: 1369335.jpg(192Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Thursday, 04.02.2016, 23:39 | Message # 687
Space Tourist
New Zealand
Here's one I thought about yesterday, and posted on the wrong thread: having the game's music distort when the atmosphere is denser or thinner.

"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."

AlekDate: Friday, 05.02.2016, 00:07 | Message # 688
Pioneer
United States
Quote Oatmeal_Spigeon ()
having the game's music distort when the atmosphere is denser or thinner.

What happens in inter-planetary/stellar/galactic space where there is no atmosphere? Music goes completely quiet (since there is no true sound in space) I think most of us like some sort of music to play/explore SE to...

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Friday, 05.02.2016, 03:51 | Message # 689
Space Tourist
New Zealand
What I meant is that when you're in the vacuum of space, the music would sound as if you were hearing it inside a spacesuit, or something along those lines. And when you enter the atmosphere it would distort. Plus, it could be enabled and disabled in the game's settings.

"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."

Edited by Oatmeal_Spigeon - Friday, 05.02.2016, 03:53

AlekDate: Saturday, 06.02.2016, 00:06 | Message # 690
Pioneer
United States
Quote Oatmeal_Spigeon ()
What I meant is that when you're in the vacuum of space, the music would sound as if you were hearing it inside a spacesuit, or something along those lines. And when you enter the atmosphere it would distort. Plus, it could be enabled and disabled in the game's settings.

Ah, I understand.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 46 of 69«1244454647486869»
Search: