RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 45 of 69«1243444546476869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
ZefnolyDate: Friday, 20.11.2015, 22:24 | Message # 661
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Pirate
What about a system generator where you can like choose a place in a galaxy you find. then open it up to generate a system at a choosen spot. maybe with help of cordinates or location of camera. Then you can insert parameters for the system. What kind of star. how many planets? what kind of moons/planets they will have and the base color and if they will have life or not etc...

EDIT: I'm not talking about the star browser. I'm talking about a tool to generate a system with help of parameters if you don't find what you want

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

Edited by Zefnoly - Friday, 20.11.2015, 23:00

GlenStevensTDDate: Sunday, 29.11.2015, 19:48 | Message # 662
Observer
Group: Banned
Belgium
What about subdwarfs and subgiants will be procedurally generated. Subgiants and subdwarfs will less common than main sequence

Irrregular and Lenticular galaxies:
Blue-White and Yellow subdwarfs
Blue-White subgiants

Sprial galaxies:
White-Yellow-Orange-Red subdwarfs
Blue-White-Yellow-Orange-Red subgiants

Elliptical galaxies:
Red-Yellow-Orange subdwarfs
Red-Orange subgiants

Edited by GlenStevensTD - Sunday, 29.11.2015, 19:48

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 30.11.2015, 15:18 | Message # 663
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote GlenStevensTD ()
What about subdwarfs and subgiants will be procedurally generated. Subgiants and subdwarfs will less common than main sequence

I am work on upgraded stellar classificatoin right now.

DeathStarDate: Monday, 30.11.2015, 19:47 | Message # 664
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
I am work on upgraded stellar classificatoin right now.

That's fantastic! Right now, SE doesn't seem to be generating many types of stars that otherwise exist as catalog objects(subgiants,subdwarfs, WR stars, white-blue hypergiants, etc.) - hopefully the upgraded classification for procedural objects will also include these.

GlenStevensTDDate: Tuesday, 01.12.2015, 17:07 | Message # 665
Observer
Group: Banned
Belgium
That's fantastic! Right now, SE doesn't seem to be generating many types of stars that otherwise exist as catalog objects(subgiants,subdwarfs, WR stars, white-blue hypergiants, etc.) - hopefully the upgraded classification for procedural objects will also include these.

Wolf rayet stars should be more rare than red hypergiants and blue-white hypergiants also blue-white supergiants will be only on younger galaxies

Edited by GlenStevensTD - Tuesday, 01.12.2015, 17:08

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 08.12.2015, 05:06 | Message # 666
Pioneer
United States
Would it be possible to have SE randomly or procedurally have some (not all) terras and/or titans to use the bottom-most cloud layer as a very thin "fog" layer, a meter or two above the sea level?

An example cloud script on one of my custom worlds:

Code

Clouds {
  Height 0.001
  BumpHeight 1.0
  Coverage        0.1664405
    }

Basically, a bump height no greater than 1.0 for the "fog" layer.

Would this be feasible at all?

Attachments: 0330047.jpg(177Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

accursedCursiveDate: Thursday, 10.12.2015, 02:05 | Message # 667
Observer
Group: Newbies
New Zealand
I think it would be worth looking into whether many of Space Engine's problems could be solved by distributing matter in the universe with some kind of 4-dimesnional hybrid fractal, and time will be the parameter for looking at 3D slices of the fractal.
The biggest question though is whether it's possible to have gravity-like behaviour between slices of a fractal.
The Newton Fractal, if proximity to the centre is considered as the time dimension, could be likened to an orbital system of cantor dust where the orbits decay presumably to all the dust in space, so I guess that's something.

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 10.12.2015, 09:40 | Message # 668
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote DeathStar ()
hopefully the upgraded classification for procedural objects will also include these.

No, classification is one system, generator is another.

Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
bottom-most cloud layer as a very thin "fog" layer, a meter or two above the sea level?

It will clip with terrain, and z-fight everywhere. Also, 2D sheet is not look like a fog. Wait for volumetric clouds smile

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 10.12.2015, 16:32 | Message # 669
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Also, 2D sheet is not look like a fog.

Something like the current water fog could work smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

PlutonianEmpireDate: Thursday, 10.12.2015, 23:39 | Message # 670
Pioneer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It will clip with terrain, and z-fight everywhere. Also, 2D sheet is not look like a fog. Wait for volumetric clouds :)

Yeah, it was meant as a temporary work around to give an illusion of fog until the volumetric clouds could be implemented, but I do see what you mean. smile Would the new reversed-z buffer feature have reduced the z-fighting at all?

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
Something like the current water fog could work :)

I like that idea. Perhaps attaching it to the bump map and/or the alpha of the clouds might work? So one doesn't get a white screen when approaching a clear spot, or when entering the eye of a cyclone, for example. Granted, it might be subject to the same bug where the water fog begins above the 2D water surface. :/

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Thursday, 10.12.2015, 23:41

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 12.12.2015, 22:53 | Message # 671
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I like that idea. Perhaps attaching it to the bump map and/or the alpha of the clouds might work?

This required ray-tracing steps. Otherwise fog edges will depend on view angle and position. Or fog simply will be uniform across entire planet. I planned to implement uniform high-altitude fog layers to model Venus and Titan clouds though. Not sure when I can do that smile

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 22.12.2015, 01:25 | Message # 672
Pioneer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
This required ray-tracing steps. Otherwise fog edges will depend on view angle and position. Or fog simply will be uniform across entire planet. I planned to implement uniform high-altitude fog layers to model Venus and Titan clouds though. Not sure when I can do that smile

That does make sense, yeah. smile

RigelDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 19:24 | Message # 673
Observer
Korea
Quote SpaceEngineer ()

SpaceEngineer, This is just my ideas.

There are times when I want to reduce only nebulas magnitude limit, cause image beauty and computer performance.
(I let it be what galaxies magnitude limit.)

If you can do it, how about separating galaxies and nebulas magnitude limit settings?

Thanks always! smile

Edited by Rigel - Friday, 01.01.2016, 19:26

quarior14Date: Sunday, 24.01.2016, 19:19 | Message # 674
World Builder
Pirate
With this thread Systems & Discoveries Database I got an idea, is in fact putting a database connected to a server directly (as in game servers) so that it can update the database of the discoveries, for this, the user name entered must match the SpaceEngine (spaceengine.org) and/or Steam account so he could save his discoveries in synchronization and the shared.

Speaking of Steam, also put a Workshop to share its mods such as shaders or catalogs.

Of course I believe that everyone has the idea that when there is a larger game mode, we'll see the vessels of other players if it is connected to their current position and there is also an offline mode.

Quarior

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Wednesday, 27.01.2016, 23:38 | Message # 675
Space Tourist
New Zealand
The one thing I would like to see most in the next version of Space Engine would be a better ctrl + f3 menu. For example, being able to search for planets based on their rotation period, gravity, orbit eccentricity, and axial tilt.

"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 45 of 69«1243444546476869»
Search: