Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 43 of 69«1241424344456869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
uniderthDate: Monday, 26.10.2015, 02:19 | Message # 631
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
I concur with 1984xiegiang1984. SpaceEngine is epic. It has epic features too. But there is one thing missing. That is the ability to create lines. The only function I'm looking for is to select Object A (a set of x,y,z coordinates) and select Object B (a set of x,y,z coordinates) and have a line created between them. Having dealt with 3D programs before, I can't imagine this would be a terribly difficult function to create. It is just two points connected by a line. It doesn't have to be anything fancy either.

Is there any idea on when this function will be available? Maybe SpaceEngine already does and I've just missed it. Are there any other space exploration programs that do have this functionality?

AlekDate: Monday, 26.10.2015, 03:45 | Message # 632
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Quote uniderth ()
Are there any other space exploration programs that do have this functionality?

Pretty sure Celestia can, the newest Starry Night is really good with things like that though pretty sure you have to pay for that...

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

quarior14Date: Wednesday, 28.10.2015, 09:16 | Message # 633
World Builder
Pirate
In orbit, one could also add the distance from the apogee and also see the remaining time before it reaches its apogee distance and perigee.
Also, two fashion could put "Following," he realistic at the time when it enters a sphere of influence, it is attracted by the celestial body and by the time that comes out of its sphere influence, we follow not the other way would be locked, it's one that for now is that by default.
It also has a weird thing, if we make one planet to an atmospheric pressure of less than 0.0500 atm, there are no procedural cloud off Mars that has a pressure of 0.012 atm at the clouds, you can make clouds this pressure and deserts like Mars, the clouds look like Terra out select activities is decency be like sandstorms and see water vapor.
Example, here is a customized desert but the clouds are procedural but almost looks like Terra.

Finally the system for export, it could export the system catalogs planets (one by default), one of the stars (which system is low) and when the galaxy is located. This may be convenient to locate the RA, Dec and Dist for I see no other way to locate because in the debugging mode where there is the coordinates, I do not see any infomation about that
(excluding soon as the center of the system is selected but if we want where we are now to make a customized system where there is nothing, it is convenient.

If you add the fact that you can put it in the editor mode, or put in a corner in normal mode since there are fewer of something written on the debugging mode.
Speaking of editing mode, it is in progress (this after the debugging mode) ?

Otherwise we could add a incone + and - for creating a system's center or galaxies (or delete if a center of a system's center or galaxie is selected) to a system's center and placing it directly into catalogs/Edit_[number]/stars/Stars_[number].sc (or catalogs/galaxies/Galaxies_[number].sc if it is galaxies) (where number is used with the same principle as captures except that here, the number of edition), which avoids this break the head as shown above to find the coordinates (RA, Dec and Disc). Same principle to the other stars but will select the parent (for the first time, it will be the center of the system), what I think is more convenient than typing the code and save it in catalogs/Edit_[number]/planets/Planets_[number] (if -, it removes the selected celestial body).
In fact, this is supposed to be implemented because I do not see in the current version Animated model of Jupiter and you can do this for all the gas giants and ice giants.

Attachments: 3195262.jpg(243Kb) · 0545466.jpg(376Kb) · 5068235.jpg(243Kb)

Quarior

Edited by quarior14 - Thursday, 29.10.2015, 09:39

x264fhdbenchmarkDate: Wednesday, 04.11.2015, 19:01 | Message # 634
Observer
Pirate
Suggestion for simpler units.

for example

Instead of 1000 km (/s) use 1 Mm (/s) -> like in Elite Dangerous
Instead of 1000 c use 1 kc

Also I wouldn't mind if 1c would show up from 300 Mm. Currently ~0.35 c pops up after 100000 km.

Edited by x264fhdbenchmark - Wednesday, 04.11.2015, 19:09

quarior14Date: Friday, 06.11.2015, 20:06 | Message # 635
World Builder
Pirate
You may find me silly but it's going to put the Sealevel for config so that it is increasingly obsolete because it could be used to find out how the ocean covers the planet (0 for 0% and 1 for 100%) because although it does not specify the BumpHeight, BumpOffset and Ocean Height and we put a Sealevel any, it is ignored, I hope this will be handed / resolved. In fact, the Lava tag will soon be implemented ?

Quarior

TenebristhedarkenedDate: Monday, 09.11.2015, 03:15 | Message # 636
Space Tourist
United States
Would it be possible to have intergalactic stars? And maybe have stars orbit around their galaxies?

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 12.11.2015, 14:15 | Message # 637
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote Vilfate ()
⊙means vector into page (from viewer)
⊗means vector out of page (towards viewer)

Vector into screen would be moving forward, vector out of screen would be moving backward, so it is already correct.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Thursday, 12.11.2015, 14:17

VilfateDate: Thursday, 12.11.2015, 23:32 | Message # 638
Astronaut
China
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
so it is already correct.

Sorry that I've made a horrible typing mistake.
means in and means out, like what you'll see with a flying arrow

Edited by Vilfate - Thursday, 12.11.2015, 23:34

OMGspace_engineDate: Friday, 13.11.2015, 00:17 | Message # 639
Observer
Brazil
Hello, during the exploration of this amazing game, I think in some ideas to make this universe more diverse and intersting to explore.
(Sorry for my english, I tried to make my best tongue )
First of all, I think limiting the Universe to what the mankind knows is a little boring, here some physically possible planets that could be added to SpaceEngine without much effort(I think biggrin ):
- Planets with multiple rings in diferent angles: It's totaly plausible to, during the formation of a planet, multiple impacts from different directions launch debbris in space in different angles, creating multiple, easily distinguible rings in differnt plans. Image to give an idea: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb201....233.jpg
- Fully metallic planets: Planets that(because of whatever), during it's formation accumulated only mettalic elements, giving to the planet reflexive properties and super flat plains with giant altitude gaps(cliffs)
- Water planets: different of oceanias, that have rocky cores, these planets are made entirely of water, with a core of ICE(or superdense water), giving to the planet an extraordinary transparency for strong lights
- Supergiant rocky planets: Very big Rocky planets(>150000km diameter), they are massive enough to create a baricenter outside the star they orbit(Like a Double star system but a planet and a star instead)
- Diverse atmosphere colors: Actualy ins Space Engine I have only found 3 basic atmosphere colors: Blue, Green and yellow(orange), it will be interesting if the planets have more diverse colors in the atmospheres
- Non spherical planets: Planets in a stage of formation where they have not acquired a spherical format yet, thet have the size and mass of a normal planet but are deformed like asteroids, the atmosphere exists only in the lower grounds(nearest to core)
- Procedural Planetary systems where the planets doesn't orbit all in the same plan(Solar system is an example, look to pluto and neptune)
I expect you like my suggestions and I sware they could be usefull for the improvement of this amazing Software.

Edited by OMGspace_engine - Friday, 13.11.2015, 00:20

DeathStarDate: Friday, 13.11.2015, 00:53 | Message # 640
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
Planets with multiple rings in diferent angles: It's totaly plausible to, during the formation of a planet, multiple impacts from different directions launch debbris in space in different angles, creating multiple, easily distinguible rings in differnt plans. Image to give an idea: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb201....233.jpg

Planets' rings can only be around the equator, unless the rings were very recently formed. What causes this is(I think) unavoidable planetary oblateness which causes more mass to be concentrated along the equator, leading to all orbiting particles to drift towards the equator on the short timescale of a few million years.

Quote OMGspace_engine ()
Fully metallic planets: Planets that(because of whatever), during it's formation accumulated only mettalic elements, giving to the planet reflexive properties and super flat plains with giant altitude gaps(cliffs)

I doubt such planets would be shiny and flat. They'd be just as cratered and rugged as other planets.

Quote OMGspace_engine ()
Water planets: different of oceanias, that have rocky cores, these planets are made entirely of water, with a core of ICE(or superdense water), giving to the planet an extraordinary transparency for strong lights

It's plausible to have a planet with such composition, however it almost definitely wouldn't be any more transparent than a typical oceania.

Quote OMGspace_engine ()
Supergiant rocky planets: Very big Rocky planets(>150000km diameter), they are massive enough to create a baricenter outside the star they orbit(Like a Double star system but a planet and a star instead)

Even if the star was just a measly red dwarf, the "planet" in question would still need to be so large that it would permit deuterium fusion - it wouldn't be a planet, but a brown dwarf. Also, I think that there's a limit to how large a rocky planet can get before becoming a gas giant.

Quote OMGspace_engine ()
Non spherical planets: Planets in a stage of formation where they have not acquired a spherical format yet, thet have the size and mass of a normal planet but are deformed like asteroids, the atmosphere exists only in the lower grounds(nearest to core)

This isn't dependent on how old the planetoid is, but rather how massive it is. Once a planetoid crosses a rough limit in mass, it becomes a sphere in a relatively short amount of time.

Edited by DeathStar - Friday, 13.11.2015, 00:55

OMGspace_engineDate: Friday, 13.11.2015, 22:10 | Message # 641
Observer
Brazil
Thank you for the reply, here's my defense( biggrin ):
Actually, astronomers estimate that, about 20 stars die and 20 new stars are formed per year, only in the Via Lactea, so, I think that we could find planetary systems in all stages of formation, enabling us to find planets with the formation that I explain(super deformed and with misaligned rings).
For the metallic planets with reflexive properties, if a planet is big and old enough, the constant windy atmosphere can cause the suspense particles to "polish" the planet surface, making it very reflexive because metals have intrinsic reflexive properties(Ok, the plains are unlikely, it was just an artistic concept).
For the Water planets, I mean not a full transparence, but a transparece in the planet "borders", imagine if you was looking for the star from behind the planet, the light, instead of a full cut in the luminosity, will suffer a "fade-out" to the core of the planet(I think it was not much clear, but is the best I can think to explain tongue )
For the supergiant rocky planets: an rocky planet will never turn into a star(not even in a gas giant) because a simple reason: It's not made of gas, solids could be much more dense than any gas. For example, the element Lead, in the sealevel its just 12 times less dense than the sun's core(hidrogen), resuming, it's possible to exist rocky planets with hundreds of thousands kilometers in diameter

Edited by OMGspace_engine - Friday, 13.11.2015, 22:11

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 14.11.2015, 00:34 | Message # 642
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
It's not made of gas, solids could be much more dense than any gas. For example, the element Lead, in the sealevel its just 12 times less dense than the sun's core(hidrogen), resuming, it's possible to exist rocky planets with hundreds of thousands kilometers in diameter

You ignore the fact that hydrogen is extremely common, and planets form from clouds of gas and dust, so a giant rocky planet could not avoid accumulating a large hydrogen atmosphere and becoming a gas giant. So it is impossible to have super-giant rocky planets.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

WatsisnameDate: Saturday, 14.11.2015, 07:04 | Message # 643
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
it's possible to exist rocky planets with hundreds of thousands kilometers in diameter

It really isn't.

Even if you suppose it somehow avoids building a gaseous envelope to become a gas giant (not plausible, as HarbingerDawn says), a rocky planet cannot grow larger than about 4 Earth radii (~50,000km diameter). Once it's that big, adding more rocky material to it will make it smaller, because it gets compressed more by gravity.

JackDoleDate: Saturday, 14.11.2015, 18:47 | Message # 644
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote Watsisname ()
a rocky planet cannot grow larger than about 4 Earth radii

I would already be pleased if it would be possible to create Terras in SpaceEngine with 50000 km in diameter; but a radius of 14999.999511 Km and a mass of 10 Earth masses is the limit. One millimeter more, and there is an ice giant. sad

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Saturday, 14.11.2015, 18:48

WatsisnameDate: Saturday, 14.11.2015, 21:09 | Message # 645
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
That's because SE does not pretend that there aren't ices and volatiles available during planet formation, the point HarbingerDawn was making. In nature, 8-10 Earth masses is the upper limit of rocky planets because that's when they start growing into ice and gas giants. 8-10 Earth masses corresponds to ~2.4 Earth radii.

My point went a step further by examining what happens if you keep growing a rocky planet by adding only rocky material to it (something that never happens in nature). What you'll find is that you get up to about 4 Earth radii at ~1000 Earth masses. Beyond that, adding more mass will make it smaller. This proves that even some highly implausible planet forming process could not produce a rocky planet hundreds of thousands of kilometers in diameter. They simply cannot exist.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 43 of 69«1241424344456869»
Search: