RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 42 of 69«1240414243446869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
JackDoleDate: Saturday, 03.10.2015, 08:12 | Message # 616
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
I do not know if this has already been suggested, my search for "auto decrease Stars" delivered no result.

There is the function "Auto increase galaxies magnitude". I suggest to introduce a function "Auto decrease stars magnitude", for stars in star clusters. Disabled by default. Maybe depending on the FPS. If the FPS falls below a selected value, the visibility will be turned down. This might also reduce the lag on some computers.

Don't forget to look here.

Bells_TheoremDate: Sunday, 04.10.2015, 00:14 | Message # 617
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
I would love to see an Auto Exposure transition speed slider, or at least the transition between exposures to be a bit slower. At the moment the transition between exposures seems a bit to quick and not very natural.

Other than that I love Auto Exposure. It makes scenes seem much more real.

Edited by Bells_Theorem - Sunday, 04.10.2015, 00:14

jjliangDate: Sunday, 11.10.2015, 14:32 | Message # 618
Space Tourist
United States
Have the "asteroid" planet category be renamed "minor planet" (though the "asteroid" surface type would still be used to describe asteroids) to distinguish true asteroids from Trans-Neptunian objects. Also, comets would have animated jets coming out of them to tell them apart from asteroids.

Edited by jjliang - Sunday, 11.10.2015, 14:36

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 11.10.2015, 18:12 | Message # 619
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote jjliang ()
Also, comets would have animated jets coming out of them to tell them apart from asteroids.

Comets already have tails, that alone should be enough to tell them apart, not to mention that it explicitly tells you it's a comet where it tells you the object's name.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

VilfateDate: Tuesday, 13.10.2015, 09:41 | Message # 620
Astronaut
China
It's fun to mention that ever since mid-2013 when I first knew this software and started making video with it during its 0.9.6.2 release, the stars and planets interactively presented by SE' started to be seen in my dreams.

And therefore this reply is just about one of my dreams last night... a bizzare one about myself visiting a galaxy, being teleported into a RS 0-7-xxxxxxx random oceania and sinking inside its ocean…

So.

-- Can Space Engine enable a few more console commands and (based on them) new functionalities?

On awakening, I thought about the following:

=====A=====

“start a newly installed SE's voyage from inside a random galaxy”
A long long time ago in a galaxy… or ideas like that

talking about randomnesss on a greater scale:
"goto random star/system/planet/moon - catalog/procedural”
-like in Celestia there’s a random catalog star script.
and one step further

"land on random terra/titan/iceworld/(and 'dive in' for the case of oceanias)”
-better on the day side or automatically at the twilight zone

“Adaptive time scale in scripts”
like auto slowing down or accelerating time with reference to rotation periods or orbital periods of the body you are currently synced with. As for the random scenes, an accelerated time may be better. Ok this is the most meaningless one, since no one will actually shift+R at a pulsar and then get dizzy unprepared.

“Solar eclipse calculation for any planet"

Well, all these in my opinion work kind of like a mode of automatic scene generator for screen saving, educational slides or simply videos. Maybe it can be quite some form of walk through all the current features, with a button or just automatically enabled after a while of inactivity in SE. I often look at slideshows of my own SE screenshots, but Animated ones, if easier available (without external editing), are obviously better choice happy for most users right?

I was not sure whether SE can only generate (and read) only a small bit of a body's information (like whether it's a terra/with life/ringed etc.), but since star filtering in browsers is already implemented, I would think that my idea is overall achievable, simply with a small program (or even a modified script file linked to a random number generator) for random number generation, to locate a random octree to start searching for points of interest inside it. To be clear all these in my opinion will be done for a planet B in the background while planet A is being displayed.

I know some might argue that my proposal massively reduces the meaning of SE’s exploration, by simplifying procedural-generated contents with another automatic program — that is simply “rediscovering” everything itself, with no human involvement. People including myself like sharing star location numbers, searching for anomalies, finding coincidences while we browse the universe that Space Engine creates for everyone of us. But I just infer that an autopilot (or just smooth fade in and fade out) between random alien scenes in motion would no doubt make a unique relaxing, attractive and impressive experience, especially to new users, based on the strong foundations of SE's amazing interactive 3D representation.

Hope all these was not off track from the current development schemes too far

=====B=====

For free camera modes

Since there is already a set in the commands lis in which velocities or accelerations can be customised via a script, so a guided tour is possible in current SE. But can you add commands that emulate the function of actual W,A,S,D, etc. for movements and rotations, including a limitation of lasting time linked to frame rate and not system time (like in current star motion blur).
I believe that with scripts like that, users can actually make the camera move according to a precisely written script. This makes quantitative movement of camera for each trial possible. As far as I can see this is very helpful for video makers that not only render scenarios but also planning on stylish transitions and cinematic effects etc (like me)

Thanks for reading all the way down here ;). SE is currently epic piece of work and I sincerely appreciate the work her developer and community have done.

Edited by Vilfate - Tuesday, 13.10.2015, 10:28

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 13.10.2015, 16:05 | Message # 621
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Vilfate ()
Since there is already a set in the commands lis in which velocities or accelerations can be customised via a script, so a guided tour is possible in current SE. But can you add commands that emulate the function of actual W,A,S,D, etc. for movements and rotations, including a limitation of lasting time linked to frame rate and not system time (like in current star motion blur).

It would be extremely hard to make a proper flying path using such script. Instead of that, I will add flying path recording feature with editing options. You just enable recording, fly wherever you want, stop recording, and then optionally edit resulting path as a spline. After that, save it into file, and you can use it to render video in the offline mode (with settings set to max etc).

FastFourierTransformDate: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 08:50 | Message # 622
Pioneer
Spain
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It would be extremely hard to make a proper flying path using such script. Instead of that, I will add flying path recording feature with editing options. You just enable recording, fly wherever you want, stop recording, and then optionally edit resulting path as a spline. After that, save it into file, and you can use it to render video in the offline mode (with settings set to max etc).

That would be amazing!!! Thank you

quarior14Date: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 15:59 | Message # 623
World Builder
Pirate
You can add a function to update to the home screen as well as a box to say what has in the current version and future version (with ckecker to see if it is the latest version) ? I say that because with the patch that comes out regularly, it could be useful for those who do not often look at the forum and speaking of that, a link "Community" and/or "Official Site" brings us back to this site and/or forum.

And, according to the SE wiki, Earth would be synchronized in 4.5 billions years (the age when the Sun is a red giant) but according to Wikipedia, they say it would put more time. Who is right ?
Source : Wikipédia.fr : Rotation de la Terre
Quote Wikipédia.fr/Rotation de la Terre
Calculations suggest that it will take billions of years to reach synchronization or even more than the estimated life of the sun. The Sun's rotation on itself, that of the Earth around the sun, and the moon around the earth would then be identical.

PS : What's weird is that I do not find it on the English wiki this sentence, so that's the translation of the French wiki on Google Translate.

Quarior

Edited by quarior14 - Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 16:14

JackDoleDate: Thursday, 15.10.2015, 13:22 | Message # 624
Star Engineer
Germany
quarior14,

I found in the English Wikipedia this article about 'tidal locking'
It is there a formula, how long it takes for a body to become tidally locked.

In an old reddit thread I found this question:
'Can the Earth ever become tidally locked to the Sun so one side is always facing inwards (like the Moon)?'

He has more than 200 comments, I have not read them all.

But there was the question; whether a planet can be bound to the sun, when it and its moon are already bound.

I think that's possible. For example, if the orbital period of the moon and the rotation period of the planet, and the orbital period of the planet are the same length. For example, a year.

I have created such a system.

Code

// Noosu.sc
// Tidal locking
// NOt Our SUn

Star    "Noosu"
{
    RA 0 22 01.59
    Dec -71 04 39.01
    Dist 4003.23

Class        "G2 V"
    Luminosity      1
    MassSol         1
    RadiusSol       1

Age             4.54
}

Code

// Tidal locked planet wit tidal looked moon
// Earth Like BUt Not EArth
// TidalLocked.sc

Planet    "Elbunea"
{
    ParentBody     "Noosu"
    Class          "Terra"

Mass            1.0
    Radius          6378.14

RotationPeriod  8765.8125564
    Obliquity       23.4392911
    EqAscendNode    180.0
    RotationOffset -79.5

Life
    {
  Class   "Organic"
  Type    "Multicellular"
  Biome   "Marine/Terrestrial"
    }

Atmosphere
    {
  Height      60
  Greenhouse  33
  Pressure    1.0
  Model      "Earth"
  Bright      10.0
  Opacity     1.0
  SkyLight    3.0
  EclipseBright  250.0
  EclipseColor ( 1.000 0.600 0.200 )
    }

Orbit
    {
  Period         1.0
  SemiMajorAxis  1.0
  Eccentricity   0.0
  Inclination    0.0
  AscendingNode  349
  LongOfPericen  103
  MeanLongitude  100
    }
}

Moon    "Elbuneas Child"
{
    ParentBody     "Elbunea"
    Class          "Selena"

Mass            0.012302
    Radius          1737.4
    Oblateness      0.002

Surface
    {
  TidalLocked     true
    }

Orbit
    {
  Period          1.0
  Eccentricity    0.0549
  Inclination     5.15
  MeanAnomaly     135.27
  AscendingNode   125.08
  ArgOfPericen    318.15
  RefPlane      "Ecliptic"
    }
}

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Thursday, 15.10.2015, 13:30

FireintheholeDate: Saturday, 24.10.2015, 19:45 | Message # 625
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
SpaceEngine has no information about the escape velocity of the body. That would make a great feature.

Love SpaceEngine!

DeathStarDate: Saturday, 24.10.2015, 19:49 | Message # 626
Pioneer
Croatia
Fireinthehole, I think that there is, but it is called first cosmic velocity or something.

FireintheholeDate: Saturday, 24.10.2015, 20:08 | Message # 627
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
DeathStar, so that's what the cosmic velocity is. Pretty confusing, I don't think that's widely used.

Love SpaceEngine!

AlekDate: Saturday, 24.10.2015, 23:18 | Message # 628
Pioneer
United States
A moon and a tidally locked planet can't have the same rotation period and revolution period, for example, if you put our moon in a 1 year orbit, it wouldn't obit Earth, but rather, the Sun, because Earth's Hill Sphere Radius isn't that large.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

OMGspace_engineDate: Sunday, 25.10.2015, 00:12 | Message # 629
Observer
Brazil
This video has a very good idea of how the planetary rings could look in space engine:
https://youtu.be/zR9KpK1Ua-Q?t=52s
Please, don't stop the development of this amazing game smile

Edited by OMGspace_engine - Sunday, 25.10.2015, 00:13

1984xieqiang1984Date: Sunday, 25.10.2015, 11:44 | Message # 630
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
I wish SpaceEngine is able to show the connecting lines of constellation just like Google Sky Map,thank you!because i want to identify constellations in the real sky with the help of SpaceEngine,thank you!
Attachments: 1259846.jpg(326Kb)

Edited by 1984xieqiang1984 - Sunday, 25.10.2015, 11:46

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 42 of 69«1240414243446869»
Search: