Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 40 of 69«1238394041426869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
parameciumkidDate: Wednesday, 15.07.2015, 03:44 | Message # 586
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Apologies if I missed this being requested already, but as long as the thread's back up here, I have a request:
A galaxy search similar to the star search; where the star search includes class, planets, etc. the galaxy search would include shape, active state, etc. Luminosity and multiplicity I imagine could still be relevant.
I dunno about the rest of us, but I like finding nice planets which are within nice looking galaxies. ^^

Also I understand why this would be hard to implement, but on the off chance SpaceEngineer ever feels up to it I think having stars move within galaxies (other than just in the core) would be way cool. Just saying wink

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Edited by parameciumkid - Wednesday, 15.07.2015, 03:46

astronikiDate: Sunday, 02.08.2015, 21:49 | Message # 587
Space Pilot
Group: SE team
Poland
Here's some mostly cosmetic suggestions and nitpickings that might not take a lot of work to fix ( i think?)

-The bloom setting often causes things to get overexposed. Shouldn't the exposure decrease slightly with more bloom?

-I usually set the exposure to about 0.3 Can we have a way to set what the default exposure is?

-Planets at very red and blue stars seem darker, probably due to the the rgb components not adding up to much.

-Red and blue binary stars look a bit purple when viewed from a distance. Their combined light should still fall on the temperature color spectrum.

-The corona textures of red giants seem to be too detailed. It's shell-like features sometimes intersect perpendicularly and it makes the three planes of the model obvious.

-If the center parts of the corona were bright enough to match the star it would help to mask the sharp edge of the red giants and would give them a more soft appearance. (unless that's not how it should look like :P)

-The current convection cell function of red giants has sharp edges and lines up close. Maybe try some other function like the bubbly-looking "Eroded hills"?

-Saturn's rings lit up beautifully when back lit by the sun, but barely at procedural planet's rings.

-Until we get full fledged system formation graphics can we just have clusters of young stars inside nebulae with scorched planets?

-The globular clusters are too red compared to real photographs, where they appear mostly white. The ratio of red giants to other stars might be a bit off.

Check out my astrophotography:
http://www.astroniki.fbl.pl
http://www.facebook.com/AstroNiki1

Edited by astroniki - Sunday, 02.08.2015, 22:14

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 02.08.2015, 23:32 | Message # 588
Pioneer
United States
One thing that might be nice to add would be a "waterFogDensity" line to the ocean tag for planets, so some worlds would actually have murky waters.

An example would be "waterFogDensity 1", where 1 is equal to the seawater here on Earth, and "waterFogDensity 20" would be equivalent to "pea soup" visibility.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

NeapolitanBoyDate: Monday, 03.08.2015, 10:53 | Message # 589
Space Tourist
Italy
And my suggestion is to make some effort in making the software more realistic as the state of the matter is concerned. This should be more important than improving space ships or the graphic of comets. No more lakes where the temperature should liquefy rocks.

Also, I'd like more detail in specifying how a particular planet would be for a human: would the atmosphere be breathable? How would boiling oceans appear?

You get the point.

n0b0dyDate: Monday, 03.08.2015, 11:41 | Message # 590
Explorer
Pirate
Quote NeapolitanBoy ()
No more lakes where the temperature should liquefy rocks.

Obviously this is in the to-do list:

Quote SpaceEngineer ()

• Seasonal changes (snow cover and polar caps, dust storms, evaporation or freezing of the seas and the atmosphere)

Quote NeapolitanBoy ()
And my suggestion is to make some effort in making the software more realistic as the state of the matter is concerned

Obviously simulating the state of the matter is not so easy so although it is in the to-do list, it will probably take some time to accurately simulate this smile

NeapolitanBoyDate: Monday, 03.08.2015, 11:51 | Message # 591
Space Tourist
Italy
Ok, nObOdy, I just wanted to remark the concept smile

The fact is that in the TODO list the emphasis seems focused more on the graphical appeal of seasons, rain, etc than on removing those lakes where they shouldn't be.

Of course I can be wrong.

FastFourierTransformDate: Friday, 07.08.2015, 15:21 | Message # 592
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
More than a Suggestion I want to tell you guys that I've encountered a 3d model of Earth that looks extremely photogenic. It has even 3D clouds (it looks like what Space Engine will show us one day), a great night shader that simulates even the city lights through the clouds and a high resolution texture.

The man who did this talks about it in his blog: http://www.vali.de/archives/1302
Maybe Vladimir could be interested in some aspect of this model, so I give you some jaw-dropping pictures of the results

By the way; I finded another guy who has done an extremely high quality cloud model for the planet that you may also like a lot

FeffoDate: Friday, 14.08.2015, 13:09 | Message # 593
Observer
Group: Newbies
Italy
Dunno why, but i cant post any new thread, so i'll write this here.

Hello! i was wandering through the galaxy while i saw this oceania:

it made me think so i opened a water phase diagram and my doubt was confirmed: water is not a liquid at that temperature and pressure. Is this wanted? Have i discovered some kind of oceania with metallic oceans? Or thermodynamics is simply not considered in the engine and this number are just random?

John-AMDate: Friday, 14.08.2015, 23:44 | Message # 594
Observer
United States
I just wanted to voice one small suggestion. An option for Space Engine to be set to the current time on startup, instead of being set to the time it was on last exit. Just like in old Celestia, when you open it, it's already set to the current time.
Though I can understand how many people might not use such an option, and I might not even use it so much, sometimes it's good for the time to be set where it was the last time, I think it would be good to have that option somewhere in SE.

DeathStarDate: Tuesday, 25.08.2015, 16:49 | Message # 595
Pioneer
Croatia
There should be a way to cancel a spaceship hyperjump.

IdgeliosDate: Thursday, 27.08.2015, 15:17 | Message # 596
Astronaut
United States
@Feffo

It Could be a steam world. Oceanias contain tons of water, said water despite the scalding heat may retain some water and their atmosphere due to gravity if I remember right. Essentially they're like a massive ball of scalding hot water.

So the water is evaporating, it's that there is just so much water on the planet that not all of it has transitioned to vapor/steam yet.

Since the planet is evidently only 18 million years of age I could see this in the realm of possibility to a extent, although the atmosphere should be much more opaque due to all the steam and greenhouse effect.

A world with metallic oceans is a lava world.

Bells_TheoremDate: Friday, 28.08.2015, 23:30 | Message # 597
Explorer
United States
@Idgelios

I think a water vapor atmosphere should be clear unless liquid water droplets are able to form. So the planet posted by Feffo might be somewhat legit.

https://www.nasa.gov/press....oplanet

WatcherDate: Saturday, 29.08.2015, 20:15 | Message # 598
Observer
Brazil
I have a suggestion about Stellar Evolution code, i looked for a stellar evolution software and i found this.

http://www.planetseed.com/files....up=true

Maybe the sourcecode for this 3D program can help about Stellar Evolution in Space Engine.

Attachments: 7524703.png(223Kb)

AlekDate: Saturday, 29.08.2015, 22:08 | Message # 599
Pioneer
United States
Looking through this thread gave me an idea, and I don't remember anyone saying this before me, correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to view objects in other wavelengths than visible light, (ex. near infrared, x-rays, gamma rays, etc.)? Or maybe have filters like Hydrogen Alpha or Lyman Alpha?

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

DeathStarDate: Saturday, 29.08.2015, 22:47 | Message # 600
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote Alek ()
Looking through this thread gave me an idea, and I don't remember anyone saying this before me, correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to view objects in other wavelengths than visible light, (ex. near infrared, x-rays, gamma rays, etc.)? Or maybe have filters like Hydrogen Alpha or Lyman Alpha?

It has been suggested countless times, but unfortunately it seems unlikely to be implemented in the foreseeable future.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 40 of 69«1238394041426869»
Search: