RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 39 of 69«1237383940416869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 23.06.2015, 00:31 | Message # 571
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
sent808, don't make more threads for subjects that are already in discussion in another thread.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

FastFourierTransformDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 10:52 | Message # 572
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Seasonal changes have been suggested many times in this forum. But now that I see the enormous changes in the appereance of the planet, I also want to see it!!

How could this be made?

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 11:48 | Message # 573
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote FastFourierTransform ()
How could this be made?

It could be done easily by fading textures into each other, but this would fully double the amount of memory used by landscape textures, making an already VRAM-intensive program even more VRAM-intensive, and greatly slowing down landscape generation. So that's not a very effective method.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

FastFourierTransformDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 21:23 | Message # 574
Pioneer
Spain
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
So that's not a very effective method.

Yes. It has to be more easy. Maybe we can have for each pixel of the texture a color dependent on time. Each pixel a different function that could map from the coordinates to the color space continuously (a function of time). Or maybe this would melt entirely the computer.

Or the issue could be solved by adding snow as a feature, and letting the software compute procedurally where the snow should fall (only with the information about the axis orientation of the planet it could be made for seasons)

DeathStarDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 21:58 | Message # 575
Pioneer
Group: Users
Croatia
Yes. It has to be more easy. Maybe we can have for each pixel of the texture a color dependent on time. Each pixel a different function that could map from the coordinates to the color space continuously (a function of time). Or maybe this would melt entirely the computer.

Or the issue could be solved by adding snow as a feature, and letting the software compute procedurally where the snow should fall (only with the information about the axis orientation of the planet it could be made for seasons)

I think that both methods are magnitudes less efficient than just fading textures(which is inefficient on it's own).

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 05.07.2015, 02:50 | Message # 576
Pioneer
United States
When using the search filters, one addition I think would be helpful, would be to add "Circumbinary" to the "Object's parent sun" drop down list. It might save one from the tediousness of only finding Alpha Centauri-type systems when trying to find "Tatooine"-type systems.

Alternatively, "Circum-multiple" with a max sun count limit might work. smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

DarkdesireDate: Wednesday, 08.07.2015, 20:01 | Message # 577
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
I like the camera fly but it could be more easy to have a key working like a toggle (for example 'engage forward') rather keeping the forward key press to move. In the same way, for the CTRL + mouse => it would be easier to have a toggle mode (direction or selection)

Great simulation

thanks

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 08.07.2015, 21:35 | Message # 578
Cosmic Curator
United States
Darkdesire, you can pretty much use aircraft mode in that way. Press 3, then accelerate to the speed you want. Press X to stop rotation.

My SE mods and addons

DarkdesireDate: Friday, 10.07.2015, 08:44 | Message # 579
Observer
France
High

@harbinger: thanks for your reply, i will give a try, i think it's more enjoyable with a joystick rather with a mouse.

a+

FastFourierTransformDate: Sunday, 12.07.2015, 10:35 | Message # 580
Pioneer
Spain
I've thinked a lot of what would be the appereance of a red Giant in real life. Besides the bubbly thing that has been repetedly demonstrated and explained (and a great thing for the rigour of this program), the issue in my head it the fact that outer layers of red giants are so inmensely expanded that their density is less than air's. The red giants outer layers have to look like tranparent gelatine. All my immaginations get weird results but I found a video trailer for a documentary series that pictures that in the way I think it may look like:

Ignore the fact that the star would not be spherical and focus in the idea of the transparent outer layers. Would it be something like in this gif?

Sorry if you have to wait to much to see it (32 Mb of gif biggrin )

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 12.07.2015, 16:53 | Message # 581
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
The red giants outer layers have to look like tranparent gelatine.

No. They have large optical depth despite on low density, because light ray must travel enormous distance inside them (several AUs).

All my immaginations get weird results but I found a video trailer for a documentary series that pictures that in the way I think it may look like:

Wtf why did star's surface become darker? It must heating up, thus become extremely brighter.

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 12.07.2015, 19:12 | Message # 582
Cosmic Curator
United States
FastFourierTransform, maybe embedding a 33MB image in a forum post is not the best idea.

My SE mods and addons

ScruffygamerDate: Tuesday, 14.07.2015, 21:32 | Message # 583
Space Tourist
United States
Hello. I thought it would be an interesting idea to have Gamma Rays and Pulsars to Space Engine.

ForerunnerDate: Wednesday, 15.07.2015, 03:14 | Message # 584
Observer
Hong Kong
Hi Space Engineer! Just watched your new youtube movie "SpaceEngine 0.974 - Engines and smooth camera"
Can you consider to create a flying saucer and cigar-shaped UFO in Space Engine?

This kind of extraterrestrial spaceship using some kind of unknown technology that do not need any thruster to fly and able to make right-angle turns without reduction of speed. Which can be a very good ship to fly like in free mode. smile

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 15.07.2015, 03:19 | Message # 585
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Forerunner ()
Can you consider to create a flying saucer and cigar-shaped UFO in Space Engine?

I have already posted a couple UFO models in my mod threads. The flying saucer needs to be updated but it should work in the latest versions.

Quote Forerunner ()
This kind of extraterrestrial spaceship using some kind of unknown technology that do not need any thruster to fly and able to make right-angle turns without reduction of speed. Which can be a very good ship to fly like in free mode

You can already do this with the UFO cheat. Open console with ~ and put in "UFO", you can also get rid of aerodynamics and gravity with "Gravity" and "Aero" cheats.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 39 of 69«1237383940416869»
Search: