RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 38 of 69«1236373839406869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
AlekDate: Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 20:28 | Message # 556
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
But that might get a bit confusing, and some of us (myself included) might not like all the other stuff added, we might just want to see the stars or Galaxies we're looking at/for. Although that does look a bit cool.

Maybe one a bit less confusing that still looks cool...one a bit like Voyager's astrometrics?

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

DeathStarDate: Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 20:30 | Message # 557
Pioneer
Croatia
Alek, there should just be an option to choose which UI you want to use, like there is now(to some extent)

Added (10.06.2015, 20:30)
---------------------------------------------
Though I think that if there were multiple options, the Voyager one should be implemented too.

sent808Date: Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 23:25 | Message # 558
Astronaut
Pirate
One thing that maybe is dificult but anyway i just put it here:

Auto travel for objets like to customizes a space route. For example you could set you X space ship to auto travel from Earth to the sun (maybe do something or play a sound when completed) and you could set the speed, because we dont want to wait years for the ship to get to the destination smile

Anyway i think that could be really amazing to see for example how a cargo ship makes it through the entire solar system or a custom solar system with many planets and visits each one...ect

+ well i am a fan of space operas sooo xd if is posible also to expand the wiki for objets more into categories it would make it just a beast combo.

AlekDate: Thursday, 11.06.2015, 11:31 | Message # 559
Pioneer
United States
Quote DeathStar ()
there should just be an option to choose which UI you want to use, like there is now(to some extent)

Seems to be a good idea for customization, since I turned all the workboxes and sidebars red XD

Quote DeathStar ()
Though I think that if there were multiple options, the Voyager one should be implemented too.

I'm sure the idea would be hard to implement though, seeing how complicated any of these ideas are.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 12.06.2015, 10:38 | Message # 560
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote FastFourierTransform ()
Why not a star map like this in the future?

Well, all sci-fi movies depicting UI as a random mess of circles and lines. I don't understand the purpose of the inner ball, it look like useless and interfering feature for me. There is no useful data at all. There is star marks, where is numbers on the grid showing the scale? Current SE map looks more functional for me.

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 12.06.2015, 10:40 | Message # 561
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote sent808 ()
Auto travel for objets like to customizes a space route. For example you could set you X space ship to auto travel from Earth to the sun (maybe do something or play a sound when completed) and you could set the speed, because we dont want to wait years for the ship to get to the destination

Anyway i think that could be really amazing to see for example how a cargo ship makes it through the entire solar system or a custom solar system with many planets and visits each one...ect

You are asking about ship AI. Did you know that the game based on SE is in my plans? Of course it will have AI to control ships, but this is obviously not a simple feature to implement. You have to wait for the game beta to use functions like this.

sent808Date: Friday, 12.06.2015, 13:09 | Message # 562
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
You are asking about ship AI. Did you know that the game based on SE is in my plans? Of course it will have AI to control ships, but this is obviously not a simple feature to implement. You have to wait for the game beta to use functions like this.

Really good news then!! Thanks for the answer.

FastFourierTransformDate: Friday, 12.06.2015, 14:48 | Message # 563
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Well, all sci-fi movies depicting UI as a random mess of circles and lines. I don't understand the purpose of the inner ball, it look like useless and interfering feature for me. There is no useful data at all. There is star marks, where is numbers on the grid showing the scale? Current SE map looks more functional for me.

Yes. You are totally right smile
Also I am the guy who always complains about realism and more educational persepective so this was not a very sincere suggestion biggrin
All I wanted to say is that it looks quite good with those colours and neons. The data can be redundant or useless in this planetarium. I agree

AlekDate: Friday, 12.06.2015, 20:55 | Message # 564
Pioneer
United States
What about the idea for a voyager-type map? As I've seen in the series it gives all the same data as the current F1 map.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 12.06.2015, 21:30 | Message # 565
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Whats so special about the Voyager type map? At it's core it functions similarly to the one in SE. Star Trek astrometrics are also a cluttered ugly mess

The current map is not perfect and could do with some more toggle options on the side bar instead of having to open display menus but beyond that and some cosmetic issues it works. A star cull of sorts might also be useful in densely populated space, currently the map just becomes a mess when zooming out.

The question you have to ask yourself is, if you sat someone down without any experience in the software and showed them the map could they understand it?

Show these to anyone with even a basic understanding and I am sure they will almost instantly understand what the map is showing.

The only issues I can really see are cosmetic issues. Most of the info in SE is fairly basic and almost 80s retro in style. It could do with a nice graphical overhaul but even if it stayed as it is, it is quite functional and self explanatory.

Currently the map has a glaring problem when viewing interstellar space

One suggestion would be a combination of the search filters and the map. Being able to only have specific star types labeled with/without markers/lines would be very useful.

A rough example would be something like this, would need an option in the UI or a way to filter types

A similar filter would need to be implemented for nebula, clusters, and galaxies but it would help clean up the map. If the filter is very in depth then it could possibly filter out systems with more specific parameters like life/multiple stars/planets/etc.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

PlutonianEmpireDate: Friday, 12.06.2015, 22:37 | Message # 566
Pioneer
United States
Question: When looking up the Wiki Info for a planet orbiting a star, but shares a barycenter with it's moon, would it be possible to add an additional line of info, that would also show the planet's Semi Major Axis around the barycenter?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

FastFourierTransformDate: Sunday, 21.06.2015, 13:04 | Message # 567
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Because of the recent dicoveries of the Rosetta mission, I want to suggest the addition of small chunks of rock in the vicinities of cometary nucleus ranging from half meter to 30 meters in size.

Some of this rocks are probably orbiting Churyumov-Gerasimenko so maybe it could be added for all comets (procedurally orbiting rocks). The distance from the nucleus is around 17 km and their orbits are quite elliptical. Eventually those rocks could be detached from the comet's gravitational pull and become procedurall asteroids of the system.

I know it now can't be implemented, because the objects must have perpetual orbits and because rocks less than a meter are impossible with the current engine capabilities, but maybe some tens of meter sized rocks could go along with the comets, accompanying them.

Edited by FastFourierTransform - Sunday, 21.06.2015, 13:07

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 21.06.2015, 23:50 | Message # 568
Pioneer
United States
On Reddit, I posted a question asking if a "sync orbit" command was available in Space Engine, locking the camera to a fixed distance from both a body and it's parent, like in Celestia (with "shift+;" in Celestia), but was told there was not. I think that would be a nice addition to SE. smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 22.06.2015, 10:01 | Message # 569
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I think that would be a nice addition to SE.

I agree!

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

sent808Date: Monday, 22.06.2015, 23:32 | Message # 570
Astronaut
Pirate
I just saw for the 45945949548543 time Prometheus. I guess a universe - galaxy map like that one... will just destroy minds. I know its dificult perhaps imposible but i just needed to post this fantasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=235OW2_CCwY

Also if posible i want to be there and talk to some of this nice gods ^^ xDD (joke)

No but i really think that the holographic map could improve its features for 2 main reasons:

1- It rocks really really hard. Ultra epic.

2- Really nice for people with low power computers.

EDIT: I just realise this thread has to go into general section. Wtf my bad. I dont know how to destroy this thread.

Edited by sent808 - Monday, 22.06.2015, 23:41

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 38 of 69«1236373839406869»
Search: