RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 37 of 69«1235363738396869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
DisasterpieceDate: Tuesday, 19.05.2015, 00:25 | Message # 541
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
This may have been said before, but it would be nice if spacecraft reference bodies were based on gravitational relevance, not distance (you probably already had this in my, SpaceEngineer).

I play teh spase engien

PlutonianEmpireDate: Thursday, 28.05.2015, 00:10 | Message # 542
Pioneer
United States
Would "Terraformed" or "Terraforming" be a suitable life origin for a world? Or would that count under Panspermia? Because I was thinking that "Terraformed true" would be an additional option for the life tag.

In addition to that, if a procedural system already has a world with Multicellular life, perhaps the Engine would randomly select an eligible world in the same system, and give it the same life properties (but with "terraforming" or "panspermia" as the life origin) as the "main" world, in addition to making it harbor an atmosphere or climate similar as the "main" world. Mainly to give the illusion of an alien civilization residing in the system. Would that work at all?

And a different idea I have, would it be possible to enhance the "RefPlane" parameter? In the sense that perhaps, for example one could type 'Refplane "Equator/Mars"', so an object's orbit would use the equatorial plane of Mars instead of defaulting to either the Parent Object's equator or the Earth's equatorial plane, even if it is light-years away. Or alternatively, 'RefPlane "Ecliptic/Pluto" to base an object's orbital plane on Pluto's orbital plane, again even if light-years away. Or is this more of a "niche" kind of request?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 28.05.2015, 11:57 | Message # 543
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
would that count under Panspermia?

Yes

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

IanTheGuyDate: Friday, 29.05.2015, 03:24 | Message # 544
Space Pilot
United States
Shouldn't you make a easter egg hunt addons on easters with 10 - 30 awesome egg shaped planets to hunt for in 1 - 5 specific clusters? (Because the whole universe would be way too hard) Each of these planets should be beautifully crafted and sharing surprising features. Ex: Orbiting a neutron star and defying logic by having life.

Math is the "programming" language of the universe.

Edited by IanTheGuy - Friday, 29.05.2015, 03:27

DeathStarDate: Saturday, 30.05.2015, 12:10 | Message # 545
Pioneer
Croatia
I have two relatively minor suggestions:

1. I think that it would be logical to have the frequency of temperate/warm oceanias drastically increased in red giant systems. Any of these temperate worlds would have been cold during the main-sequence phase and very likely covered in ice(just look at our own solar system, where almost every major moon/dwarf planet is an ice world) and this ice would have, logically, melted away as the star entered the red giant phase.

The only problem I see with this logic - would an atmosphere for some reason form during this 'melting' phase, or would there still be an absence of atmosphere, disabling the possibility of liquid water?

2. As for oceanias themselves, I think that not all oceanias should be 10km deep(and this is actually a small number, most oceanias in SE are deeper). Relatively shallow oceanias should be possible, and along with this, it should be possible for these oceanias to have small archipelagoes.

AlekDate: Tuesday, 02.06.2015, 01:57 | Message # 546
Pioneer
United States
^ the planets with archipelagos would be considered Terras though, since they have land.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 02.06.2015, 05:33 | Message # 547
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote DeathStar ()
The only problem I see with this logic - would an atmosphere for some reason form during this 'melting' phase

Of course. Water ice would begin to sublimate to a vapor state long before reaching the melting point, and when the melting point was reached, it would all sublimate, until it accumulated into an atmosphere with enough pressure to allow melting and condensation, at which point liquid water begins to accumulate.

My SE mods and addons

DeathStarDate: Tuesday, 02.06.2015, 10:24 | Message # 548
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote Alek ()
the planets with archipelagos would be considered Terras though, since they have land.

Well, I don't think that two or three volcanic islands covering less than 1% of the planet's surface should automatically make the planet a 'terra'.

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
Of course. Water ice would begin to sublimate to a vapor state long before reaching the melting point, and when the melting point was reached, it would all sublimate, until it accumulated into an atmosphere with enough pressure to allow melting and condensation, at which point liquid water begins to accumulate.

Oh yes, you're completely correct. I totally forgot about the water vapour that would inevitably form in large amounts during the beginning of the melting phase.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 02.06.2015, 12:16 | Message # 549
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote DeathStar ()
Well, I don't think that two or three volcanic islands covering less than 1% of the planet's surface should automatically make the planet a 'terra'.

It does, by definition. SE defines a terra as any planet with water covering >0% and <100% of its surface.

My SE mods and addons

AlekDate: Wednesday, 03.06.2015, 07:45 | Message # 550
Pioneer
United States
Thank you, HarbingerDawn, as that exact thing was what I was about to post.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

ZalgoWaitsDate: Sunday, 07.06.2015, 22:27 | Message # 551
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
This has probably been asked somewhere already, but if it has I couldn't find it: Is there any chance of making it so that the star browser can give priority to results that match the filter over ones that don't when the total number of results exceeds 10000? I'll give a visual example, in case that helps clarify what I mean.

I picked a rare planet type around a moderately common star type, then set the filters in the planet browser to match it, plus a little bit of wiggle room on either side, and searched within 50 ly while right next to the planet. 205 total results, with one that matches the filter—not surprisingly, the one I chose.

However, when I change nothing but the search radius—all other parameters the same, haven't moved the camera even a smidge—to something larger, say on the order of 500 ly, to ensure 10000+ total results, the planet now disappears from the list.

This makes me think that the search algorithm, when forced to cull its results, doesn't use the filter as a meaningful priority other than for basic things like star type. That can make it difficult (or at least tedious) when searching for something in particular, such as a planet to use for a d20 campaign, except when using the broadest of strokes. So is there a chance that the filter could be moved up the browser's priority list a bit in some future version, whether 0.97.5 or 0.98 or what have you?

Just something that's been bugging me!

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 08.06.2015, 09:20 | Message # 552
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote ZalgoWaits ()
Is there any chance of making it so that the star browser can give priority to results that match the filter over ones that don't when the total number of results exceeds 10000?

No, it's impossible. Searcher firstly looking for stars around the camera, filling the array, which have the size of 10000 items. Main star's spectral class filter is used in this stage. But using large search radius is a bad idea:
1) Searching is done in the same thread as render, so program hanging until search complete.
2) With limited size of the array, search is not full for large radius. 10000 is a number of stars in the 20-30 ly radius in solar neighbourhood.
After star search is complete, SE starts to generate planetary system for each star, and looking for planets in it using filter. This is done in multiple parallel threads, and very fast on computers with 8 cores.
So the only way to increase the search radius, is specifying the main star spectral class - this will disable other stars to write into the stars array.

FastFourierTransformDate: Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 19:07 | Message # 553
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Just an esthetic suggestion:

Why not a star map like this in the future? biggrin

DeathStarDate: Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 20:08 | Message # 554
Pioneer
Croatia
FastFourierTransform, I totally second this!

Edited by DeathStar - Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 20:08

Brett001Date: Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 20:21 | Message # 555
Space Pilot
Hungary
This star map is good idea. smile I like it!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 37 of 69«1235363738396869»
Search: