Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 36 of 69«1234353637386869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
sterrreDate: Monday, 20.04.2015, 20:11 | Message # 526
Observer
Group: Users
United States
Yes I know.. my point is that I'd like it to be a little bit more detailed.

n0b0dyDate: Tuesday, 21.04.2015, 09:56 | Message # 527
Explorer
Pirate
Regarding the poll about what feature(s) users want to see in the next SE release (in the SE's main page), I am a bit sceptical/dissapointed with the up-to-now results:

I mean why so many people want rocks/trees first?
Wouldn't it make sense for features like rocks in planetary rings, animation of star surfaces, shadows and accrestion disks to take priority over planetary surface features?

After all this is a space simulator not a planetary surface/flight sim...

Sorry if I have different opinion and may make some people sad sad

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 21.04.2015, 14:28 | Message # 528
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote n0b0dy ()
After all this is a space simulator not a planetary surface/flight sim...

A lot of people (me included) like exploring the surface of planets, and seeing a naked terrain with no plants or rocks may be disappointing for someone. I get used to it, but for new users is different.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

wombythewombatDate: Tuesday, 21.04.2015, 17:02 | Message # 529
Observer
Group: Newbies
Turkey
You know the setting for showing procedural planets on catalogue stars only? It would be so great if you could enable procedural stars clusters nebulae on catalogue galaxies only! I beg you to include this option in the future versions ;(

Another related request is an option to not show labels of procedurally generated objects while keeping the catalogue ones.

If theres any way to do these things above through console or configs please let me know!

NolDate: Tuesday, 21.04.2015, 17:25 | Message # 530
Space Pilot
Germany
I'd like to see accretion Disks around Proto-Stars.

"Eins - Hier kommt die Sonne
Zwei - Hier kommt die Sonne
Drei - Sie ist der hellste Stern von allen
Vier - Hier kommt die Sonne"

-Rammstein, Sonne, Mutter, 2001

sterrreDate: Saturday, 25.04.2015, 04:35 | Message # 531
Observer
United States
Add a description/lore section to the currently blank info page that players can edit along with the name. I'd like to be able to give a short description of a planets interesting features or make up a lore as to why I named the Terra after the Rusalki water demons.

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 25.04.2015, 17:12 | Message # 532
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote sterrre ()
Add a description/lore section to the currently blank info page that players can edit along with the name.

This is already planned, and is mentioned in a few places. You can add whatever text you want to that section already, you just have to do it by editing a file outside the program.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

opticalDate: Sunday, 26.04.2015, 07:47 | Message # 533
Space Tourist
Australia
Steam streaming support. I use SpaceEngine (and other games) on my low-end laptop, streaming from my beefy PC. However, SE crashes 50% of the time (on the splash screen).

Although SE is going to eventually be released on Steam (and probably have proper streaming support as well), I would appreciate some sort of fix for the splash screen crashing.

lhommealenversDate: Tuesday, 28.04.2015, 20:36 | Message # 534
Observer
France
When opening the planetary system menu, if there are several stars in the system, only the objects orbiting the barycenter are shown. It would be great if that list could show up all the planets recursively without having to look for them manually. If you are looking for a specific planet in a system with many planets, it can be a big loss of time as it is currently. Of course the system chart mode helps, but you still have to navigate all the objects one by one to find the one you want.

DeathStarDate: Wednesday, 29.04.2015, 14:33 | Message # 535
Pioneer
Croatia
lhommealenvers, right click on the stars themselves(in the interface).

Added (29.04.2015, 14:33)
---------------------------------------------
optical, in my experience, SE only crashes on the splash screen if you click on it.

minecraft9322Date: Saturday, 02.05.2015, 16:58 | Message # 536
Observer
Pirate
Can the next update be an update with more planetary features? Right now its a plain surface with a texture, but I would like to see things such as rocks,snow,etc. If not all that, than atleast rocks, because if you compere the surface pictures of bodies such as mars and titan with the surface photos of similar panets in SE, there is a huse difference in detail due to no presence of rocks. I have just given a general example. Also, erupting volcanoes,gysers,plants,volumetric clouds ,tides & waves,etc would be great. This idea has also performed well in the poll. The main speciality of space engine is its planets. And it is not necessary that all plants be green, they can be of any colour and shape to suit their requirements on their planets. Things such as waterfalls and caves are also a good idea.

And, another personal idea is the sound of air rushing against us as we move into the planet's atmosphere.
Lastly, I also would like the "half hurricane" bug to be fixed.

Attachments: 3928748.png(153Kb)

DiscovererOfWorldsDate: Tuesday, 05.05.2015, 18:09 | Message # 537
Space Pilot
Italy
along with the plants would be nice if there were procedural civilizations, I believe that earth-like planets represent much in space and therefore alien civilizations. Not even a fraction of earth-like planets have a alien civilization and ugly when you find one nice but see that there is not no civilization or lights in the night side is bad, it would also be nice to see a night in a distant planet illuminated by the lights of the city but I see that procedural civilizations will not be included for a long time

the universe is made to be explored, but no one will ever visit it all

Edited by DiscovererOfWorlds - Tuesday, 05.05.2015, 18:18

gabenutter13Date: Saturday, 09.05.2015, 01:46 | Message # 538
Observer
Pirate
You guys need to improve the landing on planets or other things when I land on a planet I would like to walk around explore and have the gravity of the object effect me!
Please change this or improve this! smile

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 09.05.2015, 16:27 | Message # 539
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
gabenutter13, welcome to the forum and please read the rules.

Please use the search function next time before asking or purposing anything. This thing was asked may times on the forum.

Here the TODO thread where you can see what is planning (of course landing and walking is planned as a part of space ship physics and gameplay): http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/21-11-1

Here the general purposes thread where you can post your purposes. But it is very likely what someone has already purpose this, so search function is highly recommended to use. Also, regarding astronomy, the very first TODO post says:

Anyway, I should note: as long as SE is a scientifically accurate Universe simulator, then one day it will implement ALL space objects and phenomenon that are known to modern astronomy (if this would be possible to implement on the personal computers). So you may not bother yourself with questions like "will SE one day have meteor rain implemented". I guarantee that it WILL.

Please don't make a new thread for a single small question, there are a lot of suitable thread for this.

Tangle10Date: Tuesday, 12.05.2015, 10:54 | Message # 540
Space Pilot
United States
I did searches, but didn't find anything. So: How about a filter and/or measure feature for the F1 map? I don't know if this is actually possible or not, considering the variety of bodies, but I think it's a good idea.

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 36 of 69«1234353637386869»
Search: