Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 33 of 69«1231323334356869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
TemperateTerraIsBestDate: Sunday, 15.02.2015, 01:33 | Message # 481
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
I suggest adding "Beams" (If it's even real) to fast rotating neutron stars, and acceration disks to some stars and with supermassive black holes (like in interstellar)

Black Hole,

Pulsar including acceration disk,

Star with acceration disk.

Sample Text

Edited by TemperateTerraIsBest - Sunday, 15.02.2015, 01:36

TemperateTerraIsBestDate: Sunday, 15.02.2015, 02:31 | Message # 482
Space Tourist
United States
I suggest adding missions and quests like landing safely on a planet with spacecraft mode, find a planet with life and rings, find a triple black hole system, and the final mission should be travelling to earth from the edge of the universe and your cursor will only click on earth on the mission/quest. It will give points for whatever use. biggrin

Added (15.02.2015, 01:31)
---------------------------------------------
Sample video. (not mine) biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1gFKPZ37J0

Sample Text

Edited by TemperateTerraIsBest - Sunday, 15.02.2015, 01:56

anonymousgamerDate: Sunday, 15.02.2015, 02:49 | Message # 483
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
TemperateTerraIsBest, all of these have been suggested before and accretion disks were nearly in the 0.972 release. Use the search function before posting and in the future, I recommend posting in this thread.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

AztaDate: Friday, 27.02.2015, 04:30 | Message # 484
Observer
Group: Newbies
Hungary
Hello space wanderers,

Downloaded the game 1 days ago and it's extremely awsome, i can't even put it in words what i feel when i "play" SE.
However, i really enjoy the music. Not long ago i started to listen very similar musics.

My suggestion is, to add more great musics. There is a person from Ukraine ( his real name is unknown for me ) Spacemind who made a lot of great mixes from this kind of musics. You can find them on YouTube.

Ofcourse i don't mean to add his whole mixes, but select some good songs from them. It would be cool smile

Peace

ElectricalEelDate: Saturday, 07.03.2015, 13:34 | Message # 485
Space Tourist
Kuwait
I would like to see a filter setting that eliminates any tidally locked planets,which hamper my search for earth like planets (blue marble planets are the best) and to add salt to the wound they look ugly and shouldn't be able to harbor life. angry2

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 07.03.2015, 23:43 | Message # 486
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
How do they hamper your ability to find Earth like planets?

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ElectricalEelDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 12:18 | Message # 487
Space Tourist
Kuwait
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
How do they hamper your ability to find Earth like planets?

Well it is simple,tidally locked planets don't look like blue marbles (earth like) because they have an always frozen side and another always facing the sun

the game falsely claims that tidally locked planets in the star's habitable zone has complex life (multicellular),but that is wrong.

I't cant have complex life because there would be no oceans on the sunny side and they would be frozen on the dark side (excluding freak cases)

maybe if it said extremophiles i would believe it

DeathStarDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 12:32 | Message # 488
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote ElectricalEel ()
I't cant have complex life because there would be no oceans on the sunny side and they would be frozen on the dark side (excluding freak cases)

There can be oceans in the twillight zone.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 12:34 | Message # 489
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote ElectricalEel ()
the game falsely claims that tidally locked planets in the star's habitable zone has complex life (multicellular),but that is wrong.

How do you know?

If you have some insight or evidence to back up this statement then there is a Nobel prize in it for you.

Quote ElectricalEel ()
I't cant have complex life because there would be no oceans on the sunny side and they would be frozen on the dark side

Solar heating would cause temperature differentials between the sunny side and the dark side leading towards potentially temperate regions along the halfway zones where you could have liquid water and life. As long as you have a source of energy in the right environment then life can survive, just look at the bottom of the oceans here on Earth.

If what you want is to find blue marble worlds then I would recommend not going to Brown Dwarf or Red Dwarf systems and searching for G and K class stars.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ElectricalEelDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 13:40 | Message # 490
Space Tourist
Kuwait
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
How do you know?

If you have some insight or evidence to back up this statement then there is a Nobel prize in it for you.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1405/1405.1025.pdf
a small part from the paper

Consider what life would be like for those living on a planet tidally locked to its star where
while one side is permanently bright and boiling hot, the other side is permanently dark and
freezing cold. The lit side of the planet will be stripped of its oceans and made to face burning
star and scrubbing hot winds all the time, while the dark side will be covered with frozen
oceans and biting cold winds howling all the time. Three would never be any relief from the
extreme temperatures so it may be difficult to sustain life on such an inhospitable world. There
would be zones of different climates, in concentric rings, depending upon how far away from
the sub-stellar point. In the centre there would probably be scorching hot deserts but farther
away from the sub-stellar point, as the star would get lower in the sky, there would be gradually
cooler climates. Different places on the planet would be confined to either day or night, or even dusk at regions in between. However at a given place any change from day to night or vice
versa will not occur.
Life, if it manages to struggle along on such a planet, will be very hard or perhaps be
underground. More likely a circular belt between the two sides - a sort of “twilight zone” -
could be the place for life to evolve and flourish. In this dusk band around the planet, where star
will be permanently hanging very low near the horizon or perhaps the stellar disc partially
peeking above the horizon, with an ever-colourful red, yellow sky due to scattered light, the
temperatures would be more moderate, right in between the hot and cold sides. However the
heat on one side would cause the air to rise, creating a low pressure system, while the cold on
the other side would cause the air to sink, creating a high pressure system. This would cause the
planet to experience a constant and violent circulation of air, or, essentially a planet-wide
hurricane. The constant air circulation would actually circulate the temperatures extensively and
extremes in temperature would mitigate. Water cycles with huge rivers crossing from cold to
hot side might make living there possible.

wow living in the biggest hottest hurricane while only managing to live near rivers or even underground and never have a day night cycle sounds amazing for complex life,dont you think so?

more sources:
http://www.astrobio.net/news-ex....pitable
http://www.space.com/13950-h....fe.html

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 14:15 | Message # 491
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote ElectricalEel ()
wow living in the biggest hottest hurricane while only managing to live near rivers or even underground and never have a day night cycle sounds amazing for complex life,dont you think so?

High temperature, underground, underwater, and a lack of night and day are not deterring factors to complex and multicellular life on Earth so one can safely assume somewhere out in space on such worlds life is most likely possible(both unicellular and multicellular).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrothermal_vent#Biological_communities

Even that paper you try to use to defend your position is in support of what I have said. The other two links are extremely speculative. They mention life evolving or forming on such worlds, that may be a rarity but in a universe as large as ours I would hardly call it impossible. You also have to factor in things like panspermia. We do not yet know enough about how life gets started to say whether or not such environments would prevent it from forming or surviving. There just isn't enough evidence to make any definitive conclusions.

You cannot make such broad sweeping statements in defense of or against without sufficient evidence. The only evidence we have is here on Earth and the evidence on Earth says yes life can exist in harsh environments.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ElectricalEelDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 14:37 | Message # 492
Space Tourist
Kuwait
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
Even that paper you try to use to defend your position is in support of what I have said. The other two links are extremely speculative. They mention life evolving or forming on such worlds, that may be a rarity but in a universe as large as ours I would hardly call it impossible. You also have to factor in things like panspermia. We do not yet know enough about how life gets started to say whether or not such environments would prevent it from forming or surviving. There just isn't enough evidence to make any definitive conclusions.

You cannot make such broad sweeping statements in defense of or against without sufficient evidence. The only evidence we have is here on Earth and the evidence on Earth says yes life can exist in harsh environments.

sure,even planets filled with 3-eyed fish are possible in a such a giant universe.

but that doesn't mean you can simply say "space is big so its out there haha" you would only find it after about how long of laborious combing through planets

but i guess you're right about there being not enough evidence. so we can agree to disagree that tidally locked planets do and dont have complex life

Edited by ElectricalEel - Sunday, 08.03.2015, 15:15

Antza2Date: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 14:44 | Message # 493
World Builder
Finland
Quote ElectricalEel ()
sure,even planets filled with clowns are possible in a such a giant universe.

Chances of that happening are far lower than complex life evolving on a tidally locked planet, so it's a very bad comparison.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 14:50 | Message # 494
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote ElectricalEel ()
"space is big so its out there haha"

Nobody said that.

Quote ElectricalEel ()

but i guess you're right about there being not enough evidence.

In regards to exobiology and the formation of life.

Not in regards to life existing in harsh environments since that evidence does exist.

Quote ElectricalEel ()
so we can agree to disagree that tidally locked planets do and dont have complex life

No, this is more you choosing to ignore evidence of life on Earth. I have not presented any evidence for life on tidally locked worlds. What I have put forward is that we KNOW FOR A FACT that life exists in harsh environments on Earth and that by extension in similar environments on other planets life COULD exist.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ElectricalEelDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 15:07 | Message # 495
Space Tourist
Kuwait
Quote Antza2 ()
Chances of that happening are far lower than complex life evolving on a tidally locked planet, so it's a very bad comparison.

how would you know? did you search every corner of the universe and counted every planet which happend to have clowns and tidally locked planets which did have complex life. what if i used 3 eyed fish instead? would have my analogy would have been better?

Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
that may be a rarity but in a universe as large as ours I would hardly call it impossible

woah,that sure does sound like you saying space is big enough to have anything

Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
No, this is more you choosing to ignore evidence of life on Earth. I have not presented any evidence for life on tidally locked worlds. What I have put forward is that we KNOW FOR A FACT that life exists in harsh environments on Earth and that by extension in similar environments on other planets life COULD exist.

thats why i said that complex life on tidally locked planets could exist,i never denied the earth having complex life in hydrothermal vents or deep sea or volcanoes

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 33 of 69«1231323334356869»
Search: