Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 31 of 69«1229303132336869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
IdgeliosDate: Sunday, 04.01.2015, 02:02 | Message # 451
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Edit: Never mind, it is apparent that in 1.97.1 that procedural moons are a technical limitation currently in regard to procedural moons around catalog worlds. Has this changed as of 1.97.2?

Edited by Idgelios - Sunday, 04.01.2015, 02:09

anonymousgamerDate: Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 07:29 | Message # 452
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Just a quick idea, may not be realistic. Ambient light increases based on proximity to the center of the galaxy. Maybe a bit in globular clusters, too.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

AerospacefagDate: Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 12:13 | Message # 453
Pioneer
Russian Federation
anonymousgamer, well, I've heard Space Engineer talking about ambient lights in similar manner when I asked him about some of his planets being absolutely black, while the universe around them can be quite bright if we crank up the "exposition" parameter to 100 or more. He said it will be implemented in future versions.

kbrattDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 02:49 | Message # 454
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I'm not sure if this has already been suggested or not, but could you think about adding a constellation feature for specific planets?

For example, when you land on a planet you have the ability to draw and name constellations between the visible stars from the surface.

Just something that I thought would add a bit more realism to this amazing sandbox.

Edit: Another idea I had: Maybe a comparison menu in the Wiki window? For example, a Warm Terra's properties on the left, while Earth Terra's properties lie in comparison to the right, so you automatically know the difference.

Edit2: Electric boogaloo. There needs to be more range inbetween temperate and warm. Most of the Temperate terras I find are tidally locked and cold, and the warm terras are too hot with raging storms. There needs to be a wider variation in planetary temperature, it seems the algorithm is broken.

Edited by kbratt - Saturday, 10.01.2015, 05:25

DeathStarDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 15:15 | Message # 455
Pioneer
Croatia
It would be nice to have something like a CentralStar parameter for galaxies and nebulae(planetary and SNR) with which you could specify what star should be used as the center. This way we could have, for example, an accurate representation of Sagittarius A*, or the Crab pulsar.

Edited by DeathStar - Saturday, 10.01.2015, 15:17

Tangle10Date: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 22:24 | Message # 456
Space Pilot
United States
Not quite sure if this is a suggestion or a bug with the export textures feature- I want to be able to export a specular image so I can change the black colored land and the white colored water to the colors I want so I can make a map, but the ice on the planet is exported as ocean-color as well. Also, ice caps show on the specular as white and any streaks on them are kinda weird.

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

KoshDate: Thursday, 22.01.2015, 19:01 | Message # 457
Space Tourist
United States
Here’s an idea if possible. What about implementing in a future version of Space Engine geysers and jets on such worlds as Saturn’s moon Enceladus and Neptune’s moon Triton and jets on active comets? It’s been even speculated, that there might be geysers on Pluto as well. If all goes well this question might be answered this July by the New Horizons spacecraft. smile

Billy_MayesDate: Thursday, 22.01.2015, 19:16 | Message # 458
Pioneer
Finland
Anyway, I should note: as long as SE is a scientifically accurate Universe simulator, then one day it will implement ALL space objects and phenomenon that are known to modern astronomy. So you may not bother yourself with questions like "will SE one day have meteor rain implemented". I guarantee that it WILL.

Also, welcome to the forum! Hope you have a nice time. smile

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Quad-Core - AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB VRAM - 4GB RAM - 1680x1050 75 Hz Samsung screen

FastFourierTransformDate: Thursday, 22.01.2015, 20:24 | Message # 459
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Quote Kosh ()
What about implementing in a future version of Space Engine geysers and jets on such worlds as Saturn’s moon Enceladus and Neptune’s moon Triton and jets on active comets?

Well, Vladimir (the developer of this masterpiece) said one time that he wants to, and the addition of this feature would be linked to the addition of jets on the cometary nuclei and volcanic eruptions probably smile

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 22.01.2015, 21:29 | Message # 460
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Kosh ()
What about implementing in a future version of Space Engine geysers and jets

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Anyway, I should note: as long as SE is a scientifically accurate Universe simulator, then one day it will implement ALL space objects and phenomenon that are known to modern astronomy. So you may not bother yourself with questions like "will SE one day have meteor rain implemented". I guarantee that it WILL.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Ettore_bilboDate: Saturday, 24.01.2015, 15:47 | Message # 461
Space Pilot
Italy
I'd like to see realized in Space Engine the ability for the user to create and export 2d star maps with specific systems, chosen by the player or according to the system characteristic, like a visual stellar browser. maybe with the possibility to set the origin point, the earth or another planet...

GP300Date: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 09:46 | Message # 462
Observer
Sweden
Would it be possible in the future to add a small feature to SE, similar to a laser rangefinder, that makes it possible to measure and briefly display the distance in the GUI from the viewpoint of the player to where the mouse pointer is pointed at when a hotkey is pressed?

It would make it much more easy and precise than setting a fixed speed (e.g. 1km/s) and count the seconds from one point to another to approximate the size of craters, mountains, lakes etc etc.

Edited by GP300 - Sunday, 25.01.2015, 09:49

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 11:06 | Message # 463
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
GP300, it was not necessary to make a new thread for your suggestion. Please read the forum rules.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

GP300Date: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 11:50 | Message # 464
Observer
Sweden
@HarbingerDawn/the mods:

What kind of suggestion actually qualifies as a standalone thread in this section then?
Since some users apparently can post game mechanic ideas similar to my suggestion which qualifies as stand-alone threads in the Feedback and Suggestion-section and stays there without the user being slapped for not following the rules and getting their suggestion moved to Davy Jones locker?

After all, this part of the forum is called Feedback and Suggestions, right?

Examples:
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/8-93-1
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/8-2692-1
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/8-2642-1

Edited by GP300 - Sunday, 25.01.2015, 11:53

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 12:16 | Message # 465
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
If it's something that has already been suggested (which this has) and which is unlikely to generate enough discussion to warrant its own thread, then it should go here.

The first thread you linked predates this thread, and in fact predates almost every thread and member on this forum. The second and third are examples of the chaos that followed the release, when there was too much going on for everything to be moderated, so some things got missed.

Anyway, I should point out that I don't make the rules. SpaceEngineer is the one who sets forum policy, and it is up to the moderators to enforce it. If he doesn't want a bunch of small threads with few or no replies existing, then they won't.

Also, you weren't slapped. You were just reminded to read the rules.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 31 of 69«1229303132336869»
Search: