Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 20 of 69«1218192021226869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 22.06.2014, 02:59 | Message # 286
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote snowballpudi ()
What about a manual deceleration in airplane mode.

What do you mean?

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 22.06.2014, 13:09 | Message # 287
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote snowballpudi ()
What about a manual deceleration in airplane mode. That would be the ultimate space exploration in SE.

Press 'S'?

Timo3681Date: Thursday, 03.07.2014, 15:43 | Message # 288
Astronaut
Group: Users
Germany
Mark Stars, Planets and Moons as explored, if I show all Planets and Moons in System.

Exploration:

Star Systems: 11
Planets: 55
Moons: 153
Terra: 3
Water: 6
Desert: 23
Titan: 8
Giants: 27
Selena: 73
Ice: 82
Stars without Planets: 2

Atsam1320Date: Friday, 04.07.2014, 14:05 | Message # 289
Observer
Group: Newbies
Italy
Hello everyone! smile refraction is truly an amazing effect that can add to the stars in the SE
unfortunately when the stellar disk go out of sight instantly the effect of refraction disappears as if there were no star... this is a very bad and drastic effect. I don't know if it only happens to me that I have a simple video card or if there is a way to solve this problem and extend the refraction even though the star is not in the window...

Edited by Atsam1320 - Friday, 04.07.2014, 14:05

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 04.07.2014, 21:30 | Message # 290
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
It sounds like you're describing lens flares, not refraction which I don't think SE simulates yet. Due to how lens flares are currently modeled, the flare vanishes the instant the center of the star is obscured. What you're asking is that it should take into account the whole visible area of the disk instead, so the flare slowly fade out as the star sets.

Did I understand correctly?

Atsam1320Date: Friday, 04.07.2014, 23:08 | Message # 291
Observer
Italy
hey,
thanks for the reply. first of all I apologize my self for the possible syntax errors etc. I'm writing in Italian using a translator and trying to make it comprensible. YES, refraction is not correct but the term is in the graphics menu, and i press refraction to bring up the effect of the stellar field..
the star gives off a beautiful beams of light but when the disk leaves the screen the rays suddenly disappears.

what I'm asking is to see the rays of the sun, even if the star is no longer on the screen.

i'v made a video of the problem.. in this case i was surronded by blue light and suddenly the ambient was turn off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKRxqju-Xb0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Atsam1320 - Friday, 04.07.2014, 23:34

WatsisnameDate: Saturday, 05.07.2014, 03:22 | Message # 292
Galaxy Architect
United States
No need for apology Atsam. smile I just wanted to be sure that I understood what you were asking.

The sun rays are not actually a real thing existing in the space around the star -- they are false images produced by the camera lens itself (see wikipedia article on lens flares), and they are only seen when the light source is in the field of view. So what you're seeing in Space Engine is actually the correct behavior -- you should see no rays at all from a star once it moves off the screen.

The flares would be a bit more realistic if, rather than vanishing instantly, faded out as more of the disk of the star is obstructed. Presently, it disappears instantly because the source of the rays is treated as a point rather than a disk.

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 05.07.2014, 04:32 | Message # 293
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Watsisname ()
they are only seen when the light source is in the field of view

Actually that's not true, as light can strike the lens at a sufficient angle to cause flares from well outside the field of view. The exception is if you have some light-blocking device set up which exactly outlines the FOV, which most cameras do not.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

WatsisnameDate: Saturday, 05.07.2014, 04:53 | Message # 294
Galaxy Architect
United States
Yes, I'm simplifying -- it is formed by light striking the lens and its geometry. The point I'm trying to make clear is that the rays don't exist in the real world -- they're a consequence of lens optics. You don't see them as long as the light of the star itself is not somehow reaching the sensor.

Atsam1320Date: Saturday, 05.07.2014, 10:31 | Message # 295
Observer
Italy
ok, drastic but true. maybe can be good adding a ''after blinding'' effect?
when the sun rays stop to reach the lens suddenly we will see all dark (i think), and after this, slowly, the interstellar panorama can show up.

our eyes or the sensor have a drastic shift from blinding light to the darkness of space..you know i'm talking of the effect you experience when enter inside a dark tunnel travelling on the highway in a sunny day.

Edited by Atsam1320 - Saturday, 05.07.2014, 10:35

Fireinthehole-Date: Saturday, 05.07.2014, 12:13 | Message # 296
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Procedural Solar system landscapes is on the todo list, is that hard to create? If you have a bump map of a planet/moon, would it be hard to make it more detailed, so it would be as detailed as procedural planetary surfaces?

Love Space Engine!

WatsisnameDate: Saturday, 05.07.2014, 12:23 | Message # 297
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote Atsam1320 ()
ok, drastic but true. maybe can be good adding a ''after blinding'' effect?
when the sun rays stop to reach the lens suddenly we will see all dark (i think), and after this, slowly, the interstellar panorama can show up.

our eyes or the sensor have a drastic shift from blinding light to the darkness of space..you know i'm talking of the effect you experience when enter inside a dark tunnel travelling on the highway in a sunny day.

SE already simulates this -- check "auto-exposure" option in the graphics menu.

Zaddy23Date: Saturday, 12.07.2014, 09:29 | Message # 298
Space Pilot
Australia
Maybe there'd be a button to show a line from body to body, showing which ones you went to? it could work off where your focus was, since I know that pressing G as well as taking you there, it also bases your rotation around it. You could add a setting for how long you want it to be. Plus it could be cool to see the thousands of L.Y. in which you travelled, then compare that to the vastness you have yet to explore.

Added (12.07.2014, 08:29)
---------------------------------------------
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
The problem is what SE currently can handle up to 1000 objects in a single planetary system, or maybe 3000 with noticeable slowdown. So now SE can't model full population of all kind of asteroids and comets.

I know this is a bit late... and I'm double posting... but couldn't you perhaps do it the same way you made the planetary rings? just list it in the F2 menu as a "planetoid belt" and vary the width and location with a lil' bit o' code, since it is only graphical it would still only count as 1 body, than maybe when SE is ready for it you could slowly start implementing more features to it.

(I dunno if this is dumb or not since the best thing I can code is "Hello world" and it takes me 1.5hrs and 18600 syntax errors to do so wacko )

Along with fezes and bowties, brown dwarves are cool.

Edited by Zaddy23 - Saturday, 12.07.2014, 09:30

Timo3681Date: Saturday, 12.07.2014, 12:17 | Message # 299
Astronaut
Germany
Procedural Names for Starsystem, Planets and Galaxies no with RS ... or RG ..., but for example Plandor.

For example I visit Starsysten Plandor and find Planets:

Plandor I
Plandor II
Plandor III

etc.

not RS 1-2-3-4 I, RS 1-2-3-4 II etc.

Exploration:

Star Systems: 11
Planets: 55
Moons: 153
Terra: 3
Water: 6
Desert: 23
Titan: 8
Giants: 27
Selena: 73
Ice: 82
Stars without Planets: 2

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 12.07.2014, 13:18 | Message # 300
World Builder
Belgium
Quote Timo3681 ()
Procedural Names for Starsystem, Planets and Galaxies no with RS ... or RG ..., but for example Plandor.

Having such names for procedural objects would require a nearly infinite variety in names, since the naming system would still have to be procedural. You can't just let SpaceEngine slap random letters together for names, otherwise, you'd have nonsensical names such as 'Fsuwmjbx' or something. So, instead of, you can have a set of predefined letter combinations which SpaceEngine uses to form unique names (the same mechanism this planet name generator uses). However, there would have to be trillions of unique combinations to give every object a distinguished name, otherwise you would have billions of objects with the same name.

An alternative might be just replacing the 'RS' part with the galaxies' name, which can be randomly generated (although there are also so many galaxies you'd again have the problem of galaxies with duplicate names). So stars, for example in the Andromeda galaxy might have names like 'Andromeda-2-4585-2774'.

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

Edited by RockoRocks - Saturday, 12.07.2014, 13:20

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 20 of 69«1218192021226869»
Search: