Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 17 of 69«1215161718196869»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
KubeQ11Date: Saturday, 08.02.2014, 18:09 | Message # 241
Observer
Group: Users
Poland
These are my suggestions:

1. IN-GAME Planet/Star/Galaxy/Nebula/Ship editor.

2. If there is a possibility to add procedural life, thus I have some ideas:
a) communicating with civilizations,
b) scanning wild creatures and studying them,
c) possibility of taking a simple of terrain from planets, because of subglacial or/and underground unicellular,
d) creating my own creature.

3. I found a mistake too. Sometimes I find a life in gas giants. It doesn't make sense. Gas giants are made only from gas, and there are really extreme conditions. No life couldn't survive there. You should fix this.

Cheers smile

JCandeiasDate: Saturday, 08.02.2014, 18:15 | Message # 242
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Portugal
KubeQ11, read this: http://m.teachastronomy.com/astrope....Planets

They let me use this!

KubeQ11Date: Saturday, 08.02.2014, 18:22 | Message # 243
Observer
Poland
Quote JCandeias ()

I didn't know that smile

DeathStarDate: Wednesday, 12.02.2014, 20:52 | Message # 244
Pioneer
Croatia
Now, I know that the development of SE goes under the slogan:"Everything that is known to modern astronomy will be implemented", but I have a feeling that a lot of minor phenomenon which are actually quite cool will never be implemented due to their obscurity.

I feel that Herbig-Haro objects are one of those things. They are downright beautiful, and I really think that they should be included as a type of nebula(yes, I know they aren't actually nebulae, but for the simplicity of implementing them they should be classified that) that has an extremely young central star in its center.

KubeQ11Date: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 11:52 | Message # 245
Observer
Poland
It would be fine if there was an option to show an ecosphere (habitable zone) as green field.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 12:21 | Message # 246
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
The idea for showing the habitable zone has been suggested so many times. The issue I see with it, is it is far more complex than what one might think. You not only have the region around the parent star, but you also have smaller regions around gas giants where it might be possible to support life or the gas giant might have life. Plus the region around the star/gas giant would be a sphere, yet you wouldn't want it to be visible as a sphere or else it would look like the entire center of the system is highlighted.

The way I imagine something like this being implemented would look something like

This also doesn't solve the issue of having planets with life outside the habitable zones which you could possibly expect. There would be worlds similar to how Earth is with a similar core structure but far out away from the star with an icy crust but liquid oceans and vents underneath where life could survive. Yet this world would be far outside the habitable zone, so you can see how this wouldn't be easy to implement.

Would be neat to see in a future version if all these issues could be accounted for and worked into the system.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Edited by DoctorOfSpace - Thursday, 13.02.2014, 12:35

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 17:10 | Message # 247
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
The issue of the habitable zone can be summed up thusly: there is no habitable zone, the places where life can exist are not closely tied to the distance from a star. Therefore, HZ rendering is unnecessary and pointless. Case closed.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 22:37 | Message # 248
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
there is no habitable zone

There is a Habitable zone around stars though.

Showing this in SpaceEngine might not be a bad thing but it also becomes a redundant feature due to the system browser and enabling orbits. It is quite easy to figure out where the habitable zone would be around different types of stars and to tell almost instantly whether or not a world similar to Earth is in the system with the system browser. This doesn't mean a habitable zone marker couldn't be added eventually, but that seems to be something I would leave up to a future mod maker to throw in with a plugin.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 22:47 | Message # 249
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
There is a Habitable zone around stars though

It's not a habitable zone, it's a surface water zone.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

JCandeiasDate: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 22:48 | Message # 250
Pioneer
Portugal
In fact, HD's pont is quite valid. Once you start talking about worlds such as Europa or even Enceladus as possible life-bearing worlds, you are effectively putting aside the concept of habitable zone as theorised before. The "habitable zone" is defined as the zone in which liquid water can exist at the surface of a planet, but you don't have to have surface water to have organic life, not to mention exotic variations of the theme. So what's the point in insisting on that idea?

Even if you want to keep it as a zone where we could possibly find planets where we could live without much of a protection, i.e., true Earth twins, that would still depend more on the planets themselves and their characteristics than on their distance to their stars. Which is, as you point out, something we get from the star browser, rendering the HZ pretty irrelevant.

They let me use this!

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 23:09 | Message # 251
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote JCandeias ()
Even if you want to keep it as a zone where we could possibly find planets where we could live without much of a protection

This is what I was implying however as I clearly stated in my post it isn't something that needs to be officially put into SE.

Quote JCandeias ()
that would still depend more on the planets themselves and their characteristics than on their distance to their stars

This is only true to a certain extent.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

KubeQ11Date: Sunday, 16.02.2014, 13:29 | Message # 252
Observer
Poland
I have some ideas how to make procedural city generation and what can be useful to you, SpaceEngineer.

First, there's a program "Pixel City". You can base on it, because it's really cool program.
link: http://code.google.com/p/pixelcity/

Second, if it is posibble, you can make your own parts to cities, so they would be more random.

I don't know what with vehicels and life. Maybe something similiar, but you can only add:
-motion for vehicles,
-animation for quadrupeds, bipods, tripods, etc., tentacular and crawling creatures.

It's only an idea, I don't know if it is even possible, so if it isn't, I'm sorry for wasting a forum.

I hope i helped, please think about it.

Приветствия smile

Edited by KubeQ11 - Sunday, 16.02.2014, 13:57

DisasterpieceDate: Sunday, 16.02.2014, 19:52 | Message # 253
World Builder
United States
KubeQ11, this is pretty cool.

I play teh spase engien

neutronium76Date: Sunday, 16.02.2014, 20:02 | Message # 254
World Builder
Greece
It has already been mentioned in this thread

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

Fireinthehole-Date: Saturday, 22.02.2014, 12:38 | Message # 255
Pioneer
Sweden
Someone is probably working on this but I think the planets in SE are too similar to each other, there is no great variation like there is in our solar system (and probably among other systems in the galaxy). For example, the only bodies that look quite similiar in our solar system is some of the Saturnian moons (Rhea, Dione and Tethys especially).

Love Space Engine!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Page 17 of 69«1215161718196869»
Search: