|lost4468||Date: Monday, 29.08.2011, 19:27 | Message # 1|
|Hey guys, here's some ideas I have for improvements. |
- Enable camera collision with geometry
- Better features on planets, e.g. procedural alien trees/forests/waterfalls
- Weather on planets, your ordinary earth weather/super tornados/gas giant storms/acid rain/etc
- Low chance meteor hits
- Better galaxies, they all look like the old renders from Carl Sagan's Cosmos
- More varied galaxies, they all look very similiar
- More galaxies, there's a lot but, see: http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2011/01/z0m813-4.jpg
- Stars don't move around the galaxy and galaxies don't move
- Advanced civilizations/life on planets
- Faster loading of stars in galaxies, I can fly through some galaxies and only seen a few hundred stars because of the loading time
- Extrasolar planets
- Stars which aren't orbiting the galaxy/have been thrown out/are moving in a random direction
- Better clouds
- Nicer looking nebula
- Nicer water, possibly waves? Tsunamis? Massive waves on planets with very big and close moons
- Auto speed, basically what this would do is as you got closer to a planet the game would adjust your speed accordingly
to stop you flying through the surface.
- Higher poly landscape, I know you're improving the texture detail but I still see a lot of jagged edges.
Thanks for reading it and of course most of these aren't exactly for the next version, but possibly sometime in the future?
|CaptainMagnet||Date: Tuesday, 30.08.2011, 09:34 | Message # 2|
|I like your suggestions, though most of them are already stated here: |
I would really like to see better performance before weather, etc.
SpaceEngineer has a load of Stuff to do but he slowly makes progress. It's just a matter of time till we see more awesome features. I hope our Suggestions and Comments motivate him.
|SpaceEngineer||Date: Tuesday, 30.08.2011, 10:20 | Message # 3|
Author of Space Engine
|This is obvious, and all in my TODO list. |
By the way, most discovered exoplanets are already in SE. You can find them by name in search menu (the last database was updated 11 January 2011).
I am slowly making progress with engine, but currently I have much work in my daytime job too. Besides, Space-Engine doesn't make me any monetary profit, So I must earn money elsewhere.