RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 212»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Non procedural nebulas (non procedural nebulas are not working)
Non procedural nebulas
AmericaisBabylonDate: Wednesday, 22.08.2012, 17:44 | Message # 1
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
hi everyone I am new to space engine and just logged in today for the first time. Please help!! I absolutely love this program and everything else works great and runs smooth other than the named nebulas. I even downloaded the new nebula pack and carefully followed instructions and there is still no change. no addons or any of the named aside for maybe one. ngc, m 16 ect either appear like black dust or is not there at all. the ngc 6... neb when i press go to said error at the top left a couple times. I Really want to enhance my space exploration experience by seeing the programs named nebula as well as the addon and addons procedural nebulas. Somebody PLEASE help thank you so much.. cry

anonymousgamerDate: Wednesday, 22.08.2012, 20:41 | Message # 2
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
What's your video card?

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 22.08.2012, 22:41 | Message # 3
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Try remove the cache folder

AmericaisBabylonDate: Thursday, 23.08.2012, 04:10 | Message # 4
Space Tourist
United States
AmericaisBabylon, i have Geforce GT 520

AmericaisBabylonDate: Thursday, 23.08.2012, 19:26 | Message # 5
Space Tourist
United States
of the four addon nebula i only get two that show up the planetary neb and the supernova remnate does appear anywhere... also m 16 is just a black cloud the rest are working now can anyone help??

AmericaisBabylonDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 01:46 | Message # 6
Space Tourist
United States
I did remove the cache that was one of the first things that i double checked

DukeDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 15:56 | Message # 7
Space Pilot
Group: SE team
Antarctica
There is still some bugs with nebulas in latest version which probably would be fixed in next patch. It would be better if you attach here your se.log file from SE directory.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 20:43 | Message # 8
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote (AmericaisBabylon)
the planetary neb and the supernova remnate does appear anywhere

How did you try to find them? Them a very dim, it will be hard to find them even in the map mode. The only way is increasing the galaxy magnitude to 15-20 (make sure procedural galaxies is disabled, otherwise you may end up with almost infinite loading time).

AmericaisBabylonDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 23:42 | Message # 9
Space Tourist
United States
i dont want to sound stupid but what is the se.log file? I am still new to this. Im sure i aleady know or hve seen i but plz refresh me> where is it located or does is have a diff name?? Also does anyone else have a problem with M 16 nebula not showing up or just being a dark cloud?

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 23:46 | Message # 10
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (AmericaisBabylon)
what is the se.log file

Look in your SpaceEngine folder. There will be a file called se.log.

Quote (AmericaisBabylon)
Also does anyone else have a problem with M 16 nebula not showing up or just being a dark cloud?

Yes, many other people have reported the same problem, probably everyone with the current version of SE has it.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

AmericaisBabylonDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 23:46 | Message # 11
Space Tourist
United States
I will try to find them the way u posted Galakt hopefully i can get this figured out so i can move on to figureing out how to add new nebulas created by others andy myself> Is it at all possible to also use celestia nebulas ? The 3ds or even the flat Picture nebs from celestia? it seems there should be someway to do it. I have found that i can use a few other types of things from their site???

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 00:04 | Message # 12
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (AmericaisBabylon)
s it at all possible to also use celestia nebulas ? The 3ds or even the flat Picture nebs from celestia?

No.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 00:05

AmericaisBabylonDate: Wednesday, 29.08.2012, 18:08 | Message # 13
Space Tourist
United States
Thank you harbinger. that is s shame they can not b modified. Also thanku Galakt I did find the missing new nebs and you were right they are very dim i may never have found them. Is it possible to add aditional procedural nebula? I still can not seem to get or fix m 16!! I am surprized how hard those two nebulas were to find.

Edited by AmericaisBabylon - Wednesday, 29.08.2012, 18:09

KvikiDate: Thursday, 30.08.2012, 20:30 | Message # 14
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
How did you try to find them? Them a very dim, it will be hard to find them even in the map mode. The only way is increasing the galaxy magnitude to 15-20 (make sure procedural galaxies is disabled, otherwise you may end up with almost infinite loading time).

There is an easy way of finding planetary nebulae in map mode. You enter map mode and zoom out until you can see parts or even the whole galaxy, then you left click about 10 times on a random empty point on the galaxy, you'll have a high chance of selecting planetary/diffuse nebulae and even star clusters.

AmericaisBabylonDate: Thursday, 31.01.2013, 23:57 | Message # 15
Space Tourist
United States
can anyone direct me as to how to find the cube map tool to convert flat maps to be used in se there is the jv mark 11 earth map also from celestia that i would love to figure out how to piece togeather the diff levels to make them pos and neg x y z and use as a earth surface map in SE>>>> I would be so happy if i could do that!!! TO ANYONE that could help i would be thankful>>I just got my comp working again so this is all still new to me>>

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Non procedural nebulas (non procedural nebulas are not working)
Page 1 of 212»
Search: