Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 212»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Procedural planetary landscape (I need help)
Procedural planetary landscape
planethunter13Date: Wednesday, 13.06.2012, 22:42 | Message # 1
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Everytime I go to procedtural planets i get the errors and wont load the textures. i did most of the troubleshooting and it still won't work. it looks all pale blue or pale yellow no planet like at all. what should i do, i checked my graphics card and its full updated. WHAT SHOULD I DO I AM WORRIED?!
Attachments: 8444636.jpg(148Kb)

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 13.06.2012, 23:11 | Message # 2
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
You should attach your se.log file to your post, that way we can see what issues you might be having and then try to help you smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 13.06.2012, 23:46 | Message # 3
World Builder
Antarctica
I'm afraid that looks quite like what the procedural planets were like on my old graphics card... It didn't allow bumpmaps (which create height differences on terrestrial planets, and my guess is they also create the cloud patterns on gas giants) to be created, which meant most planets were featureless and altitudeless spheres, though deserts and selenas had features (which were all flat), and so did terras when I turned off the water (since there are no heights, the ocean covers the entire planet). If it's the same problem, namely that you have an Intel card, I'm afraid the only thing that can be done about it is buying a better video card (which I did).

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

planethunter13Date: Wednesday, 13.06.2012, 23:51 | Message # 4
Astronaut
United States

yea its that bad

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 13.06.2012, 23:56 | Message # 5
World Builder
Antarctica
Yeah, you have an Intel HD video card. sad I'm afraid there's nothing (as far as I know) you can do about it, except buying another videocard.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

planethunter13Date: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:04 | Message # 6
Astronaut
United States
i do intel hd family graphics how ever you say it

planethunter13Date: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:20 | Message # 7
Astronaut
United States
what other graphics card is the best radeon?

apenpaapDate: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:23 | Message # 8
World Builder
Antarctica
Well, I don't know what's the best. It's probably incredibly expensive. But I got an NVidea GeForce GTX 550 Ti, which is quite good. It renders SE beautifully and lets you use up to LOD 0, and is not incredibly expensive.

planethunter13Date: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:33 | Message # 9
Astronaut
United States
sooooo where do you put the graphics card in the pc? and where can i get a Nvidea uninstall my old card?

apenpaapDate: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:44 | Message # 10
World Builder
Antarctica
Well, there is a slot for it inside your computer, it took me about two hours to find, because it is supposed to be blue, and therefore really easy to find, but the genius who made my computer apparently thought "You know, why don't we make it brown? Brown is a much nicer colour!" And I almost ended up taking out my motherboard thinking it might be the old videocard. surprised

So what I'm saying is, you're probably best off looking at youtube vids of people installing videocards and googling it for a step by step instruction and stuff... And looking closely at what the thingie it goes in is supposed to look like beyond its colour, in case the idiot who made my computer also made yours.

planethunter13Date: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:47 | Message # 11
Astronaut
United States
ok now i buy one or download one?

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:53 | Message # 12
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (planethunter13)
ok now i buy one or download one?

Hey man, maybe you should get one of your friends/family who knows more about computers to help you out. They can help you pick out a new card and then put it in your machine.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

planethunter13Date: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 00:54 | Message # 13
Astronaut
United States
im confused of which one but i will try

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 12:51 | Message # 14
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Be careful - you should buy a video card compatible with your motherboard. It you have an old motherboard with AGP slot, it is better to buy completely new computer, because modern video cards uses PCI-E x16 slot, which is installed on modern motherboards. But modern motherboards uses modern CPU and memory slot, so you should buy almost all new components of your PC. If you PC is 1-2 years old, it probably have PCI-E slot and you can simply buy a video card. But make sure your power supply unit has a special power bus for video card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI-Express

planethunter13Date: Thursday, 14.06.2012, 18:35 | Message # 15
Astronaut
United States
hey i had new pc since december for a present

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Procedural planetary landscape (I need help)
Page 1 of 212»
Search: