Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 19 of 22«12171819202122»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 30.07.2016, 13:34 | Message # 1
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you updated your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all issues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing graphics card-specific issues

If you do not know which graphics card (chip) do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Intel HD: Black screen

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

7) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:

•  
    MosfetDate: Wednesday, 12.10.2016, 16:56 | Message # 271
    World Builder
    Group: Users
    Italy
    could you please attach your se.log located in your SE system directory?

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Douglas N. Adams
    My mods
    Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

quarior14Date: Saturday, 15.10.2016, 15:18 | Message # 272
    World Builder
    Pirate
    I found this bug by revisiting my custom system Le Monde Merveilleux where he was an eclipse happens when the mini-sun is between the planet and moon, as if the mini-sun is behind this moon (note : the moon is so close to the planet and when it is lit, it can shine a little the surface of the planet, which is why the area is not eclipsed in total darkness) :

I attached my se.log but not sure you can find information on this strange bug.

Attachments: 1780806.jpg(111Kb) · 4144515.log(158Kb) · 0041286.jpg(100Kb)

Quarior

Edited by quarior14 - Saturday, 15.10.2016, 15:20

DracontesDate: Saturday, 15.10.2016, 16:18 | Message # 273
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Portugal
    Quote Dracontes ()
    The graphics card driver version is the ~2-year-old 347.09 because, beyond being disinclined to mess with my computer's overall stability, the most recent WHQL version is tripped up by my use of OpenCL-capable programs. I'm told the driver has failed and then successfully recovered after such a program is closed, involving a few seconds of black screen prior to being alerted to that.

Had a closer look and it seems the fault is as much with some of the programs I was using. Updated what I could and settled for sufficient functionality where I couldn't. After some more wrangling which included fresh re-installs, I opted to update to the most recent NVIDIA driver (373.06). Space Engine does run fairly smoother and takes longer between crashes (or threatening to do so). I haven't timed it but my impression is that I can get an hour or so of exploration out of it now. Haven't yet tested the other software that may have me backtrack on this decision.

Quote Dracontes ()
    I've found through Windows' Event Viewer that Space Engine causes the same error with the older driver when on default settings (with no black screen; see SEnvlddmlkm.evtx file ) . After I adjusted the image settings on the NVIDIA control panel to "use the advanced 3D image settings" and, on the off-chance it mattered, the PhysX processor to the GPU, those errors as triggered by Space Engine seem to have disappeared.

Tried to reproduce this error again on both drivers 347.09 and 373.06 on their default settings. No such (bad) luck it seems. Can only assume there was some instability caused by the OpenCL software for which I had to settle regarding functionality.

Quote Dracontes ()
    In any case, whenever the program crashes or threatens to do so I've deleted the cache folder on a matter of principle (except one time).

On driver 373.06 I've found that in general, not doing this doesn't affect crash frequency one way or another. Sooner compounding actions like exploring for long enough, using the star browser with a search radius of 1'000 light-years and above*, or changing scale from intragalactic to intergalactic swiftly enough tends to affect that frequency far more reliably (with default settings on everything pertinent).

I have logs for two such crashes in which, at the end of a long exploratory bout with intensive star browser use (though with reasonable search radii for the most part), I scrolled all the way out of the galaxy I was in to (presumably) outside the SE universe for the first one and in the local galactic group for the second one. Shortly after there was an unannounced "Runtime Error" (one for se201610141603rfvs.log and two in quick succession for se201610142200rfvs.log).

* As a habit I've shifted that value in multiples of ten. It's been my experience that a 100 light-year search radius often reaches the 10'000 star cut-off in most regions of a spiral galaxy, except the outer rim. I've also found that, once you've explored enough, shifting the value in quick succession (searching, not finding anything, shifting value, searching again) tends to make what I presume to be the whitespace used to format the text columns presenting a selected object's characteristics to collapse and expand in a blinking fashion.

Otherwise. I've had a few episodes of blinking objects on the planetary system browser but I've reacted accordingly exiting the program, as (as expected) waiting too long on the 347.09 driver resulted in an program crash and I don't presume that behavior to have changed.

I do note that while opening Space Engine again after program crashes tends to return you to where you were just before the mishap, when opening SE after runtime errors you're returned to where you were at the end of the last successful (enough) exit. Looking at /config after a runtime error crash shows journal.cfg to have a change date close enough to the time of the error and save-user.cfg has a change date removed enough from that to correspond to the end of the penultimate exploratory bout.

One thing I noticed on my first experimenting on Space Engine and which so far doesn't seem to have been addressed is this "stirring effect" on diffuse nebulae when rotating around them in some directions. The objects forming the nebula rotate as if there was something going through their midst.

Attachments: se201610141603r.log(240Kb) · se201610142200r.log(68Kb)

MB: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P61-DS3-B3
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
    RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (only 4 GB usable by OS)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1024MB VRAM)
    Monitor: SAMTRON (1280x1024@75Hz)

Edited by Dracontes - Sunday, 16.10.2016, 09:46

MosfetDate: Saturday, 15.10.2016, 16:55 | Message # 274
    World Builder
    Italy
    Dracontes, the one thing I've noticed in your logs is that the loader says your system has 2GB RAM total, not 4.
    This could possibly lead to RAM addressing or accessing issues between software and operating system.

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

Edited by Mosfet - Saturday, 15.10.2016, 17:13

Joey_PenguinDate: Saturday, 15.10.2016, 20:24 | Message # 275
    Pioneer
    United States
    For some reason, my game completely blacked out when I tilted the camera the wrong way. It seemed to happen more often around hotter stars, and I just figured out that it has something to do with comet tails. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Attachments: 2068755.log(50Kb)

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

DracontesDate: Sunday, 16.10.2016, 08:56 | Message # 276
    Observer
    Portugal
    That is odd, Mosfet. Had a look inside the computer: one of the RAM cards wasn't quite well seated. Cleaned it and put it back, properly this time. But that wasn't it.

Here's the situation as detailed on both Speccy and Task Manager when only those two programs are (ostensibly) running soon enough after turning on the computer.

Looked around elsewhere online and apparently programs only having individually 2GB available to them is a default limitation of my Windows installation. Not particularly looking forward to going through further suggested tweaks considering what I've done so far (I've addressed PAE as best I could years ago).

Attachments: 9154469.png(2214Kb)

MB: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P61-DS3-B3
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
    RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (only 4 GB usable by OS)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1024MB VRAM)
    Monitor: SAMTRON (1280x1024@75Hz)

bewareTHEdogDate: Sunday, 16.10.2016, 18:54 | Message # 277
    Observer
    United States
    Hello, I am having trouble downloading the torrent files for the solar system HD pack. I am getting a 'timeout error' when trying to access it.
    IS there a way around this other than downloading the texture files individually?
    thanks for any help. love space engine so far, cant wait to get the HD packs installed!
    a

UncleFesterDate: Monday, 17.10.2016, 12:49 | Message # 278
    Observer
    Germany
    Mind if I use russian?

Надо текстурный пак на 16Gb качать, чтобы увидеть хоть что-то вблизи? Это проблемы с текстурами (я скачал только 1гб установщик) или проблема с видео (Intel HD 2000):
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/2823fcc5b92547de8b34148297e2c7ba.png ?

Edited by UncleFester - Monday, 17.10.2016, 12:50

MosfetDate: Monday, 17.10.2016, 13:33 | Message # 279
    World Builder
    Italy
    UncleFester, SE doesn't necessarily needs HD textures to run. Your se.log, located in your SE system/ directory, could contain some clues about your issue, but I think that Intel HD 2000 doesn't meet OpenGL 3.3 specifications, you could try by updating your graphics drivers but it's a long shot.
    Unless you have a laptop with hybrid Intel/AMD or Intel/Nvidia cards, in that case you'll have to be sure that AMD or Nvidia chipset are used by SpaceEngine instead of Intel.

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

UncleFesterDate: Monday, 17.10.2016, 13:49 | Message # 280
    Observer
    Germany
    Mosfet, thank you Sir for response.

djh_Date: Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 21:38 | Message # 281
    Observer
    United Kingdom
    Sorry if this has been addressed already - I've searched the forums and not found anything.

I can't get the 'Teleport Here' button to show up in the spacecraft manager, even when UFO mode is active. Am I missing something?

EDIT: nm, I found it by enabling the 'Cheats Menu' in the ini. Is that documented anywhere?

Edited by djh_ - Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 21:51

DraidonDate: Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 23:41 | Message # 282
    Observer
    Canada
    I'm having an issue where (small?) objects are not loading unless they are nearby or selected.

You can see there is a bright comet that disappears when I select a different object. It becomes visible again when highlighted through a marker or orbit line.

Same sort of situation happens with this planet and its moons. Thye become visible again at distance when selected or highlighted by a marker or orbit line.

Attachments: 6821596.jpg(234Kb) · 3144491.jpg(243Kb) · 9959935.jpg(201Kb) · 7253948.jpg(150Kb) · 7582147.jpg(154Kb) · 2360723.log(53Kb)

MosfetDate: Thursday, 20.10.2016, 00:02 | Message # 283
    World Builder
    Italy
    I visited the system with the comet and it's the same for me. I'm not entirely sure but I think something similar was mentioned before, maybe I'm wrong but it could have been fixed already for the next update.

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

n0b0dyDate: Monday, 24.10.2016, 18:50 | Message # 284
    Explorer
    Pirate
    There is an issue with drawing priorities when viewing objects from certain angles:

In older SE versions this used to occur with spaceships in the foreground and planetary rings in the background. Now it has reappeared in this scenario where a star is in front of the black hole's accretion disk but the accretion disk is rendered 1st instead.

Attachments: 3639265.log(98Kb)

LazySpoonDate: Thursday, 27.10.2016, 04:12 | Message # 285
    Observer
    United States
    Hi, I'm here for my first post, so a quick thanks for the development here. This is a wicked cool program and I love travelling around and looking at all the different types of stars and galaxies.

Spaceships are in beta, I realize this. So, here's some feedback regarding an issue I'm having with them. I want to make multiple spaceships which orbit planets in a given system, go to another system, do the same. So far, no trouble. But after a few closes/re-opens of the program, suddenly, and inexplicably, a spaceship i had orbiting, say, the 4th planet in a system, is now on the surface of its parent star. Good luck getting out of there on some low-grade engines, right?

I've attached an image (though the description basically covers the issue) and my log file.

I did some searching, but could not find this in any known issues or otherwise mentioned, apologies if this is a repeat post.

Attachments: 4586192.jpg(179Kb) · 7304694.log(65Kb)

Edited by LazySpoon - Thursday, 27.10.2016, 04:14

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
    Page 19 of 22«12171819202122»
    Search: