Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 23 of 45«1221222324254445»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 26.12.2014, 20:29 | Message # 1
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you make a clean install of SpaceEngine and update your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

ATI/AMD: Transparent or invisible planets, no landscape

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Crash near planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers or strange error message "(NULL) 2.1 (NULL)"

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Crash on entering the Display menu

9) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 18.01.2015, 08:16 | Message # 331
    Pioneer
    Group: Users
    United States
    I have encountered a situation with 0.972 where, when I'm at a planet, I will exit SE 0.972, and when I start SE back up again, the parent sun, (or suns in a CB system), will be missing the diffraction spikes and the lens flare textures. Switching to different Diffraction spike and lens flare textures will work fine; but when I exit SE with those selected, the stars will be missing THOSE diffraction spike and lens flare textures, and selecting the Diffraction spike and lens flare I used originally, will load back up again just fine, but Exiting SE yet again, just perpetuates this vicious cycle/endless loop.

EDIT: The galaxy is the MW. I have my own galaxies added so the Galaxy Number may be off. Just find a procedural star in the MW and you will get the right number for your system. This is SE 0.972

Attachments: 7802480.jpg(238Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 18.01.2015, 08:17

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 18.01.2015, 09:19 | Message # 332
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    PlutonianEmpire, you must include your log file, as outlined in the OP.

All forum users, please read this!
    My SE mods and addons
    Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 18.01.2015, 21:45 | Message # 333
    Pioneer
    United States
    Quote HarbingerDawn ()
    PlutonianEmpire, you must include your log file, as outlined in the OP.

My apologies; here it is.

Hmm. This issue seems to be random; but it mostly happens at catalog stars containing catalog planets. Occurring at procedural stars seems to be a fluke; I tried recreating it a few more times at that system but it wouldn't show. And I encountered an additional issue when double checking it at 11 Com b, the first catalog planet in ExoPlanets.sc; the giant star mesh didn't load upon startup. The diff spikes and flares didn't load either, so I switched do a different one before taking that screenshot.

Attachments: 3069937.jpg(186Kb) · 4164011.log(185Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 18.01.2015, 21:48

NielzDate: Sunday, 18.01.2015, 22:55 | Message # 334
    Space Tourist
    Belgium
    Hi

Everything about version 0.9.7.2 works faster and smoother than the previous version except that the supermassive black hole in galaxy centers, and the stars orbiting them, just do not want to load whatsoever. And after a while of flying back and forth through the region that should normally spawn the black hole and its orbiting stars, in attempt of getting them to load, the client will just crash. This problem does not occur in 0.9.7.1.

Some info about my system, in case it's of use for diagnosis:

Windows 7 64 bits
    AMD FX-4100
    AMD Radeon HD 7870
    2x4GB DDR3 RAM (Corsair CML8GX3M2A 1866C9)

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 18.01.2015, 23:45 | Message # 335
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    PlutonianEmpire, you're using integrated Intel graphics, which are not guaranteed to run SE correctly. Read the opening post for suggestions on some things to try when using Intel, but if none of those work then there's probably nothing you can do but upgrade your computer.

My SE mods and addons

NielzDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 00:57 | Message # 336
    Space Tourist
    Belgium
    Quote Nielz ()
    Everything about version 0.9.7.2 works faster and smoother than the previous version except that the supermassive black hole in galaxy centers, and the stars orbiting them, just do not want to load whatsoever. And after a while of flying back and forth through the region that should normally spawn the black hole and its orbiting stars, in attempt of getting them to load, the client will just crash. This problem does not occur in 0.9.7.1.

I got the black hole and its orbiting stars to show up after setting the mipmap setting to false. But I could only get them to load after I zoomed in on the region so closely that my FOV was smaller than 1°. It did not crash anymore, though. After the zoom-in trick, the black hole and stars kept showing just fine at default FOV as well. But I do think it's an odd issue. After restarting Space Engine, the black hole + orbiting stars showed up immediately but when I went to a different galaxy, I had to use the zoom-in trick again for the black hole and orbiting stars of that galaxy to load and pop into existance. But once loaded, the orbiting stars stay clearly visible and distinguishable even from the outer borders of the central cluster. Is it normal that the black hole and even the stars orbiting it only load up when the view gets so extremely close to it? Is it supposed to work that way?

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 01:30 | Message # 337
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    It takes a moment to load, and yes, it won't load until you get close to it, because individual systems do not generate all of their objects until you enter them. Also, use Ctrl-G to go to the central object of a galaxy or cluster, it's easier than doing it manually and it makes sure that it loads.

My SE mods and addons

isdebeslDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 06:52 | Message # 338
    Space Pilot
    Indonesia
    everytime i edit the VenusMagn this happen

Edited by isdebesl - Monday, 19.01.2015, 06:53

NielzDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 14:06 | Message # 339
    Space Tourist
    Belgium
    When I stop inside a bright region in a galaxy, I always get this box effect. Does this happen for anybody else? Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Edit: Just saw this in the list of known bugs: "- Skybox edges are visible when near the center of galaxy "
    Is that what I'm experiencing?

Attachments: 2302664.jpg(286Kb) · 1651979.jpg(213Kb)

Edited by Nielz - Monday, 19.01.2015, 14:11

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 15:37 | Message # 340
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    Quote Nielz ()
    Just saw this in the list of known bugs: "- Skybox edges are visible when near the center of galaxy "
    Is that what I'm experiencing?

Yes

My SE mods and addons

laiodDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 17:41 | Message # 341
    Space Pilot
    United States
    I downloaded SpaceEngine to my new PC, and I click the icon to start it, and it doesn't start.

ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GB, Crucial Ballistix 8GB x2, AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz, 1TB 7200rpm drive

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 19:49 | Message # 342
    Galaxy Architect
    Group: Global Moderators
    United States
    Can you provide more information? Where is SE installed? Are you using the launch icon from within the SE directory, or from the desktop or start menu? Is it correctly pathed? Did you try reinstalling?

NielzDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 21:21 | Message # 343
    Space Tourist
    Belgium
    Sometimes upon touching the surface of a planet (and perhaps other types of celestial bodies too, not sure) the camera flips over backwards and upside-down. Has also been happening in previous versions.

laiodDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 22:00 | Message # 344
    Space Pilot
    United States
    I fixed it. Turns out I had to run it in admin mode.

ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GB, Crucial Ballistix 8GB x2, AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz, 1TB 7200rpm drive

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 20.01.2015, 00:33 | Message # 345
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    Quote Nielz ()
    Sometimes upon touching the surface of a planet (and perhaps other types of celestial bodies too, not sure) the camera flips over backwards and upside-down. Has also been happening in previous versions.

I have never observed this. Are you flying gently to the surface, or crashing into it at high speed?

My SE mods and addons

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
    Page 23 of 45«1221222324254445»
    Search: