RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 20 of 45«1218192021224445»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 26.12.2014, 20:29 | Message # 1
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you make a clean install of SpaceEngine and update your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

ATI/AMD: Transparent or invisible planets, no landscape

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Crash near planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers or strange error message "(NULL) 2.1 (NULL)"

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Crash on entering the Display menu

9) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    NemoDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 17:11 | Message # 286
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    United States
    Quote Lord_Darkflame ()
    As far as i know, the link you pointed at should be the download. Hadn't tried it out until now (have the transparent planet Problem too) but it seems to work.
    Question: Did you install the old driver or placed the .dll file in the SE/System folder? As Harbinger dawn says in the first post on every page, this should work too...

I just reverted back to My previous driver version... Which is what came with the Computer when I first got it.

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
    Try revert back the driver to the version 14.4. Alternatively, copy the dll file from the 14.4 driver into SpaceEngine/system/ folder. You can get it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/nx6371iuyxvk3ug/atioglxx.dll

But yeah.. I'm not sure what that link is. I guess it's just the DLL file for driver version 14.4. But... I can't find a place where I can download driver version 14.4.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    Did you deleted the cache folder after driver update?
    Alternatively, you may just copy dll into SE instead of reverting the driver.

Yes. I deleted the cache after I rebooted.

But... Don't you need at least driver version 14.4 for that to work? Or can you.... For example... Just copy the dll file from version 14.501.1003.0. and place it in the system folder?

n0b0dy,

Nice name.

Edited by Nemo - Monday, 12.01.2015, 19:04

DiscovererOfWorldsDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 19:18 | Message # 287
    Space Pilot
    Group: Users
    Italy
    frequent crash when they are close to a star cluster

the universe is made to be explored, but no one will ever visit it all

CarandmySonDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 19:39 | Message # 288
    Observer
    United States
    Quote Lord_Darkflame ()
    May I request your logfile?

Here is my logfile, and the only graphics card i have is the integrated intel one as previously stated. Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!

Attachments: 2612024.log(4Kb)

youvaDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 20:41 | Message # 289
    Observer
    Canada
    Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    Quote youva ()
    Every time I run SE, the screen is fully white. The sound works and the cursor appears and I can move it too. Anyone can help me figure out what is the problem here?

Disable threaded optimization for SE in the NVidia control panel.

Doesn't work sad

NemoDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 20:54 | Message # 290
    Observer
    United States
    Quote CarandmySon ()
    Here is my logfile, and the only graphics card i have is the integrated intel one as previously stated. Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!

I think your graphics card is incompatible with space engine. Have you tried going into device manager and right clicking on your graphics card and clicking update driver software? Instead of just downloading an auto detector?

What are your system specs? Do you run Windows?

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
    These are the most frequent errors found in SE. You will get a popup window with one of these following messages:

- "You have old OpenGL version (2.1.1). Update your graphics card driver or install compatible hardware"

- "You have old GLSL version (1.2). Update your graphics card driver or install compatible hardware"

- "Critical extensions missing: GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object"

- "Error loading surface generator shaders. Press YES to run program with procedural planets disabled. Press NO to exit"

Download and install latest drivers for your video card. If you still get this message, it could be that you have an incompatible video card (see next paragraph).

But you still can try and run SpaceEngine by disabling checking of critical errors at startup. Open main.cfg and change value of this parameter to 'true':

IgnoreCriticalCheck true // ignore checking of OpenGL version and critical extensions supporting

NOTE: I can give no guaranties that SpaceEngine will be stable and work correctly if you do make this change.

If you have an "Error loading surface generator shaders" error and press Yes, SpaceEngine can run, but it will not be able to render procedural planetary landscapes.

After updating or rollback of the drivers, you must delete the cache folder in the SpaceEngine directory.

Have you seen this? It's in the original post by HarbingerDawn.

Quote DiscovererOfWorlds ()
    frequent crash when they are close to a star cluster

Space engine crashes when you're in close proximity to a star cluster? Could you post your log file please? And give a better description of the problem? Does it just stop responding or is there an error message or something? What are your system specs? Like how much vram do you have?

WwadlolDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 21:42 | Message # 291
    Space Pilot
    Norway
    I keep hearing that people have tried this with the oculus rift. However, when i try it out everything looks tiny, and there's no head tracking. I'm using the Dk2.

AlexBrksDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 23:06 | Message # 292
    Observer
    Spain
    Well, so I've just noticed this, I don't know if it has to do with the proceduraly generated stars, but it seems like there are almost no stars in the milky way (and other galaxies).
    I've atached a screenshot of the 0.9.7.2 and other of the 0.9.7.1 to see the comparison.

Attachments: 6003710.log(29Kb) · 7958786.jpg(147Kb) · 2353624.jpg(206Kb)

NemoDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 23:43 | Message # 293
    Observer
    United States
    Quote AlexBrks ()
    Well, so I've just noticed this, I don't know if it has to do with the proceduraly generated stars, but it seems like there are almost no stars in the milky way (and other galaxies).
    I've atached a screenshot of the 0.9.7.2 and other of the 0.9.7.1 to see the comparison.

It looks like you need to adjust your graphics settings.... Like mess around with the magnitude and brightness by pressing F7. Or pressing ESC and then pressing Graphics.

Here's a picture from My game....

Attachments: 6755970.jpg(112Kb)

TheOutsiderDate: Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 00:21 | Message # 294
    Observer
    Antarctica
    I found a lot of strange worlds like scorched terras even scorched titans...
    Attachments: 4555778.jpg(151Kb)

NemoDate: Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 02:26 | Message # 295
    Observer
    United States
    Quote TheOutsider ()
    I found a lot of strange worlds like scorched terras even scorched titans...

It is rather abnormal.. But I'm pretty sure it's just a bug.. SE is still in the beta stage of development and some of the procedural stuff can be glitchy.

Pictured: On the left a scorched desert with a temperature of 3442 Kelvin. On the right a scorched Terra with of a temperature of 2579 Kelvin. There's liquid water on the surface.

happy

Attachments: 7136283.jpg(221Kb) · 8786310.jpg(110Kb)

magnetwardrobeDate: Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 12:42 | Message # 296
    Observer
    Pirate
    Here's my SE log! PLS help! some planets look very strange.

Attachments: 6478476.log(25Kb) · 0299184.jpg(434Kb)

Edited by magnetwardrobe - Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 12:50

SouthernOracleDate: Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 17:27 | Message # 297
    Observer
    United States
    Did a fresh install of the newest SE and am getting crashes every time I move my camera quickly. It's almost like the motion blur is crashing the video card. I have tried setting the motion blur distance to 0 in the config as well as changing the star type to "sprites" instead of "motion blur". The strange thing is that I can use a goto command and it will zoom to a new star/planet and not crash, but moving the mouse or orbiting an object quickly causes it to crash. I can leave it sitting for unlimited time without the game crashing if the mouse doesn't move.

I updated my video card drivers and did a clean install of them. Before updating the video card drivers I was getting the crash and planets were rendering fine. After updating them I can no longer see procedural planet surfaces, but can see aurora around them. I also cannot see the sun or earth.

Edit: I have also disabled 3D water, turned off threaded optimization, and turned off FXAA and Lines Antialiasing with no effect. The only thing on missing planets in the original post is about ATI/AMD and I have an Nvidia card so I'm not sure what to do on that.

There is nothing in the log about the crash. I just get a Windows error that Space Engine has stopped working.

My system:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Intel Xeon W3565 3.2ghz
    12GB ram
    NVideia Quadro 4000 video card with 2GB memory

Attachments: 9233599.log(40Kb)

Edited by SouthernOracle - Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 17:49

the_nerervarineDate: Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 17:37 | Message # 298
    Space Pilot
    United States
    Quote magnetwardrobe ()
    Here's my SE log! PLS help! some planets look very strange.

Please read the rules of the forum as well as the very first post in the thread. The solution is to go to your main.cfg and change this line
    PlanetHeightmapFormat 16
    to
    PlanetHeightmapFormat 13

It will be under the debug section.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

Edited by the_nerervarine - Tuesday, 13.01.2015, 17:39

WatcherDate: Wednesday, 14.01.2015, 06:06 | Message # 299
    Observer
    Brazil
    Hello people,

In the Space Engine, the absolute magnitude of Wolf 359 is 12,33, but since i know, the real absolute magnitude is 16,67.

Added (14.01.2015, 05:06)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Barnard's Star in Space Engine is a Red Subdwarf ( M4 VI), but the real type of Barnard's Star is M4 V Red Dwarf.

magnetwardrobeDate: Wednesday, 14.01.2015, 08:12 | Message # 300
    Observer
    Pirate
    Quote the_nerervarine ()

Please read the rules of the forum as well as the very first post in the thread. The solution is to go to your main.cfg and change this line
    PlanetHeightmapFormat 16
    to
    PlanetHeightmapFormat 13

It will be under the debug section.

Alright, I did that. But now my textures look low quality.

Is that what happens when you mess with that format? And I messed with the LOD, nothing really happened. And this is some random satellite, so no missing textures should be the issue.
    Also, I still see small streaks of black lines on my planets surface.

Attachments: 7646771.jpg(176Kb)

Edited by magnetwardrobe - Wednesday, 14.01.2015, 08:18

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
    Page 20 of 45«1218192021224445»
    Search: