Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 18 of 45«1216171819204445»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 26.12.2014, 20:29 | Message # 1
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you make a clean install of SpaceEngine and update your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

ATI/AMD: Transparent or invisible planets, no landscape

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Crash near planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers or strange error message "(NULL) 2.1 (NULL)"

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Crash on entering the Display menu

9) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    NirklarsDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 11:40 | Message # 256
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Sweden
    Greets

First I want to say thanks I really appreciate the new updates!

Have encountered some terrain related graphical issues and recorded them below. Does anyone have any input or know of any workarounds to avoid the flickering? It looks similar to when several 3D texture faces are overlapping.

I've followed the sticky threads on the forums for troubleshooting and have updated my Nvidia drivers, disabled threaded optimization and forced the selection of "High performance nvidia" graphics card in nvidias 3D program options. Might have missed something though. Running on an Asus laptop, please see DxDiag below.

The only way to avoid this flickering for me that I've found is to completely disable 3D water but that doesn't look as fancy smile

DxDiag:
    http://pastebin.com/sMKALy61

Mainly screens from default saved location "Terra with 3 moons"
    RS 8409-491-7-1489867-265 A4

Time scale 1x

Looking at a shoreline without moving camera :

Shoreline cloud flicker higher altitude:

Moving vantage point:

Time scale <paused>

Zooming

Screens from Mintaka 9

Panning:

Moving close to when it starts appearing:

How it looks close to shore zoomed in back in 0.971 with 3D water.

Appreciate any input!

Best Regards
    Nick

http://nirklars.wordpress.com

Tutorial guide for capturing high resolution screenshots!

Lord_DarkflameDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 12:40 | Message # 257
    Observer
    Germany
    Quote CarandmySon ()
    I uninstalled my graphics driver then reinstalled them using Intel Driver Updater and a different error message popped up and said my OpenGL version is 2.1 and is not new enough to be compatible with Space Engine and im not sure how to install a new OpenGL version. I would love to use this simulator and extremely excited for it to work.

Hello again! I heard about problems with intel graphics cards before, so i can't say much to this. Sorry.
    But may you tell me, which graphics card you own?
    Maybe it helps investigating or other people know sth. about that model.

Look at those happy sunflowers . . .
    Now you should be happier than before!

Sev00Date: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 15:50 | Message # 258
    Space Tourist
    Group: Users
    France
    Hi !

Here to report that I'm getting the same problem as some people before like chromatic9 mentionned. When it generates planet surfaces, there are major lag spikes, freezes and the generation takes a lot of time. However unlinke chroamtic9, it only started happening with 0.9.7.2 for me.

This is weird because up until last version I tried (0.9.7.1) it was very smooth, very quick (10 second average) when generating planet terrain, and I was at LOD 2. And now it takes almost minutes and freezes a lot for almost a second, even at LOD 0. Nothing changed on my computer, so it must be coming from the latest version of SE itself I guess ?

I have quite a good gaming computer:
    -windows 8.1 64bit
    -MSI GTX 760 2GB OC (latest drivers)
    -Intel quad core i5 4570 3.4Ghz
    -8Gb RAM

I did disable Threaded Optimization for spaceengine.exe in Nivida's control panel, and it didn't change anything.
    I have also noted that the menus and controls in general are not as responsive as before on 0.9.7.1. I get quite a lot of bugs, very often, where I need to click twice or three times on a cross to close a window or press esc a lot of times to display the menu. Sometimes I can hear the menu music start playing but it's not displayed and I still need to press esc more to get it displayed. This might be related ?

Is there anything else I could try to resolve it and maybe find what the issue is ?

Thanks smile

Edited by Sev00 - Saturday, 10.01.2015, 15:53

Dmoney3400Date: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 17:48 | Message # 259
    Observer
    United States
    Hey I love this game and I can some what run it. But since the latest update my menu looks like this. Its hard to play a game when you cant see the menu.
    Attachments: 1866271.png(475Kb)

Atheist101Date: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 18:09 | Message # 260
    Astronaut
    United States
    Ok so i went and took a screen of the Irr galaxy that's crashing. Then print screen they error i got, and im also attaching the SE file (im guessing this is the log file). This is exactly whats happening when i try to fly into this Irr galaxy. I am going to try to find more and see if the error happens on others. Is there any way to fix this without having to edit the registry? I dont want to do something that may over heat the gpu or cpu. Went in another time really slow with LOD all the way down (Although i dont think that effects me flying into a galaxy) and i got some what in the bottom right you see in the screen. Then i got the error. Note that i do get lag when i fly around and through nebula, which im thinking this galaxy is just a massive nebula basically. Makes since that way. Having lag flying through a smaller cloud of gas with little stars or planets, crash going into a massive cloud with billions of stars and planets. Its just these are my favorite types of galaxies. I loved finding them on 0.9.7.1 they are just so beautiful. I would love to be able to go into it and sit on a planet with a good view of the night sky as a gas cloud with so many colors.

Sorry for all the edits i just keep seeing things that catch my eye. Why does the log say max ram 4gb when i have 12gb? Is it only using 4 of the 12? If so is there a way to change this? Will that have any effect on loading the Irr galaxy/Nebula any better?

This is the screen of the error

This next one is the Irr galaxy that i discovered this error from

So i found another one. Got a bit further into this one before the error, but i still got it. I added the log for that trip as well. The first attachment is the first log, and second this new one. Here are some screens of the short trip.

The Irr galaxy

About how far i got before the crash

And of course the crash itself. Same thing, same error

Attachments: 8231928.log(30Kb) · 1899061.log(32Kb)

Edited by Atheist101 - Saturday, 10.01.2015, 18:48

the_nerervarineDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 18:25 | Message # 261
    Space Pilot
    United States
    Has anyone figured out how to improve performance with evaporation trails/comet tails? Any config lines I can change that might improve performance? I find that turning TRfloat to false helps a little as well as give the space engine an over all better look (IMO)

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

SpyroDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 18:49 | Message # 262
    Explorer
    United States
    Man, has it been a long time or what? Now with SE 0.972 out I've gotten back into this planetary mapping project I had begun ever since I swapped out my old potato for something crazy powerful. But in doing so I noticed something:
    Why is all the polar ice on planets rendering on the equator, and the equatorial deserts only loading on the poles? It doesn't matter what the axial tilt is, it just is always in the wrong spot. I can fix this with the Editor and then map the fixed planet, but I'm getting pretty tired of doing this and it gets really annoying when I just want to sightsee. Is this coded into the game?

I'm back, but am I here to stay? Hopefully!

Edited by Spyro - Saturday, 10.01.2015, 18:50

Atheist101Date: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 19:22 | Message # 263
    Astronaut
    United States
    I promise I'm not trying to spam i have a new problem. Now for some reason when it go to Display the engine crashes. Doesn't matter if i go through esc menu, hot key, or GUI button. Every time i get an error saying it suddenly crashed for unknown reason. The only thing i changed was I'm my Nvidia controls the thread optimizer. Turned it off, then later back on. That's the only changes that i have made to anything related to SE

CarandmySonDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 20:58 | Message # 264
    Observer
    United States
    Quote Lord_Darkflame ()
    Hello again! I heard about problems with intel graphics cards before, so i can't say much to this. Sorry.
    But may you tell me, which graphics card you own?
    Maybe it helps investigating or other people know sth. about that model.

I have an Intel® HD Graphics. I have 1696 MB of available graphical memory, and haven't had much trouble with other things. I hope this can help!!!

PatriotDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 21:34 | Message # 265
    Observer
    United States
    Does it continue to do the same if you restart the program? IF so it may be just the usual "Zed fighting" I think its called. Although if its constantly this violent I think it may be another issue, I sometimes get similar flickering issues where even the HUD and FPS counter will flicker black and stuff but a restart of the program fixes that right up.

SpeicAsianDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 23:13 | Message # 266
    Observer
    United States
    So I downloaded the installer and followed its instructions, then whenever I tried to open up Space Engine a page pops up saying:

Error
    (null) (2.1).
    (null)

I click OK then it proceeds to load, then close the window. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, then I tried re-downloading the installer itself. Every time I open Space Engine, I get the same thing, over and over. I tried looking for some help through the site, but posting this thread is my only hope right now. Anyone care helping me out how I can fix this?

Edited by SpeicAsian - Sunday, 11.01.2015, 00:59

youvaDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 23:39 | Message # 267
    Observer
    Canada
    Every time I run SE, the screen is fully white. The sound works and the cursor appears and I can move it too. Anyone can help me figure out what is the problem here?
    Attachments: se.log(30Kb) · 0108518.png(17Kb)

EnkiDate: Sunday, 11.01.2015, 01:25 | Message # 268
    Astronaut
    United States
    Quote SpeicAsian ()
    So I downloaded the installer and followed its instructions, then whenever I tried to open up Space Engine a page pops up saying:

Error
    (null) (2.1).
    (null)

I click OK then it proceeds to load, then close the window. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, then I tried re-downloading the installer itself. Every time I open Space Engine, I get the same thing, over and over. I tried looking for some help through the site, but posting this thread is my only hope right now. Anyone care helping me out how I can fix this?

You need to update your driver software. I just had this problem as well. First find your pc model and OS version at computer>system information (Mine is an HP Compaq 6005 with Windows 7 x86). Second find out what your graphics card is by going to computer>system information>device manager>display adapters (Mine is an ATI Radeon HD 4200, I know crappy). If you have NVidia, you may be able to get a newer version of your driver at their website, but for now just I would just get it from your pc vendor's website. Use your information there to find your driver. Download and install it. If it asks you to restart, do so and try running it again.

Hope this helps. smile

"If you arrive at a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." - Ayn Rand
    "It may be that our purpose on Earth is not to find God, but to create him." - Arthur C. Clarke

Edited by Enki - Monday, 12.01.2015, 19:37

minecraftoboeDate: Sunday, 11.01.2015, 04:42 | Message # 269
    Observer
    Pirate
    Space Engine crashes right after I click on planetarium.
    I have an intel i3 processor, 12 GB of RAM, and an ATI Raedon HD 5450 graphics card.
    I also have trouble finding what version of OpenGL I have. please help I've been raging about this for an hour now

PatriotDate: Sunday, 11.01.2015, 04:52 | Message # 270
    Observer
    United States
    The same issue is already mentioned in this forum section, Rules state NOT to create duplicates and to use the search engine first before posting a new thread, I'm sure an admin will close this.

Here is the other thread literally a couple posts below this.

http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/4-2681-1

Edited by Patriot - Sunday, 11.01.2015, 04:52

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
    Page 18 of 45«1216171819204445»
    Search: