RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 17 of 45«1215161718194445»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 26.12.2014, 20:29 | Message # 1
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you make a clean install of SpaceEngine and update your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

ATI/AMD: Transparent or invisible planets, no landscape

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Crash near planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers or strange error message "(NULL) 2.1 (NULL)"

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Crash on entering the Display menu

9) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    HubbleDistanceDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 13:35 | Message # 241
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    China
    I can't hide the Windows 7 Taskbar with a "full screen = 2" SPACE ENGINE 0.972. But other games are normal in full screen.

And the stereoscopic 3D doesn't work at all. My 3D component is NVIDIA 3D Vision and when I start the game ,the sensor indicator didn't light . It's also normal in the other games.

Added (08.01.2015, 12:35)
    ---------------------------------------------
    sry i put a wrong URL of img and now have fixed it

Attachments: 8363620.jpg(257Kb)

Edited by HubbleDistance - Thursday, 08.01.2015, 13:35

Atheist101Date: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 16:26 | Message # 242
    Astronaut
    Group: Users
    United States
    Having another problem, I can't fly into Irr galaxies. Each time I try it crashes saying my gpu timed out. I know its set to time out after 2 seconds and can be changed in the registry. Will that help? Or is there another way to handle this? I have a 3.6ghz quad core AMD processor, 12gb ram, and the vid card isa Nvidia GeForce GT 610. It says in the dxdiag approx. memory is at 4043mb, but i know the card is only 1024mb. I'm guessing its calculating the extra RAM or VRAM available from the 12gb of memory i have.

CarandmySonDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 21:32 | Message # 243
    Observer
    United States
    Whenever i try to open the program, an error message pops up saying "(Null) (2.1) (Null)". If i close the error message, the program continues to load for a short while, the completely crashes with no trace. Can anyone help me with this?

ArbiterDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 21:32 | Message # 244
    Observer
    United States
    Found what appears to be a glitch in atmospheric pressure on a randomly generated planet (star RS-0-9-103060820-15-4-4-1631-110). Planet's atmospheric pressure displays as 728.05 atmospheres but data on the planet's wiki page appears to contradict that. For example, the atmosphere's height is only 37 km and it's mass is only 0.00049418 earth masses.
    Attachments: 4966957.jpg(178Kb) · 6542869.jpg(230Kb)

maanoo_mcDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 22:09 | Message # 245
    Observer
    Pirate
    Was looking at the new version of Space Engine, and saw that when estramos the atmosphere of the planet, the Star Flare practically disappears, leaving only a white giant point ... was wondering if this is a bug or a setting?
    This was not the case in the previous version.
    (Sorry my bad English).

WatsisnameDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 22:37 | Message # 246
    Galaxy Architect
    Group: Global Moderators
    United States
    I don't see any clear contradiction there. The mass of Earth's atmosphere is 560 times less than that, and 1000 times less dense at the surface.

FireintheholeDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 22:38 | Message # 247
    Pioneer
    Group: Translators
    Sweden
    Turn off Auto exposure.

Love SpaceEngine!

PlutonianEmpireDate: Friday, 09.01.2015, 03:54 | Message # 248
    Pioneer
    United States
    I have noticed a (Wiki?) error with an atmosphere on one of my custom catalog planets:

The atmosphere height as specified in the .sc file under >catalogs>planets, set as "Height 77.643438" is unchanged from when I had it in 0.971.

Is it likely a part of the atmosphere bugs specified in this thread's OP?

LATE EDIT: I realized it was an error on my own part, when looking through the catalog files for the Solar System. Apparently, I didn't notice that the format for "Molar Mass" had changed from kg/mol, to g/mol, and so my original value of 0.0028... was throwing off the calculations. I fixed it and the calculations now appear correct. smile

Attachments: 0829767.png(516Kb) · 5603877.jpg(230Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 11.01.2015, 05:49

Lord_DarkflameDate: Friday, 09.01.2015, 12:46 | Message # 249
    Observer
    Germany
    Quote CarandmySon ()
    Whenever i try to open the program, an error message pops up saying "(Null) (2.1) (Null)". If i close the error message, the program continues to load for a short while, the completely crashes with no trace. Can anyone help me with this?

I had that problem too. I solved it through uninstalling the driver of my graphics card although SE didnt work anymore after that. So the Problem is (obviously) your (old) graphics card driver, which seems to be not the latest availiable. It now works for me after installing the latest driver.

Look at those happy sunflowers . . .
    Now you should be happier than before!

second-ichDate: Friday, 09.01.2015, 13:26 | Message # 250
    Space Pilot
    Germany
    Here are 3 little bugs that I noticed.

1. If you fly near the center of an galaxy between 0.06 ly/s and 0.16 ly/s you see the background always flicker. It seems the engine creates a skybox but does not realize that you are keep moving so it creates again and again a new one.

2. If you change the scale of "Point sources" they get always bigger even if you choose a smaller size and if you set the value back to the original (1.000) they will stay bigger.

You have to restart Space Engine to get the normal size.

3. Well, not really a problem but the Starcluster just pop in and out after a certain range, in 0.9.7.1 they faded smoothly in and out.

Attachments: 5677620.jpg(79Kb) · 9440315.jpg(124Kb)

Edited by second-ich - Friday, 09.01.2015, 13:27

hailstone88Date: Friday, 09.01.2015, 19:34 | Message # 251
    Observer
    Pirate
    Open config/main.cfg and change this parameter to 13:

PlanetHeightmapFormat 13 // format of the terrain heightmap textures: 13 - R32F, 16 - RGBA32F

I cannot find any such parameter i have the Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets problem i just downloaded it and this glitch is a real bummer...

Attachments: 8206836.jpg(368Kb) · 2859885.jpg(300Kb) · 2531330.jpg(185Kb)

EinarDate: Friday, 09.01.2015, 21:08 | Message # 252
    Observer
    Sweden
    Hi, I can't get Space Engine to run. I'm not on a high end system BUT I think my laptop is still meeting the requirements (Intel Core i5, GeForce GT 520M). Video drivers are also updated to the latest.

Please find the log file attached.

Thankful for any help, I'm a science teacher and would love to use this software as a part of my work.

Attachments: 1277237.log(27Kb)

Edited by Einar - Friday, 09.01.2015, 21:08

CarandmySonDate: Friday, 09.01.2015, 21:10 | Message # 253
    Observer
    United States
    Quote Lord_Darkflame ()
    I had that problem too. I solved it through uninstalling the driver of my graphics card although SE didnt work anymore after that. So the Problem is (obviously) your (old) graphics card driver, which seems to be not the latest availiable. It now works for me after installing the latest driver.

Thanks man, but i couldn't find a new graphics card update. I tried installing 0.9.7.1 and i opened it, and it said I need a better version of openGL, specifically better than OpenGL 2.1. I got Intel Driver Updater and tried using the auto installer but it says I have nothing to install. Not sure what to do. Any ideas?

EDIT: I uninstalled my graphics driver then reinstalled them using Intel Driver Updater and a different error message popped up and said my OpenGL version is 2.1 and is not new enough to be compatible with Space Engine and im not sure how to install a new OpenGL version. I would love to use this simulator and extremely excited for it to work.

Edited by CarandmySon - Friday, 09.01.2015, 21:38

QuarkDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 00:10 | Message # 254
    Observer
    Italy
    I wanted to ask in space engine 9.7.0.2 corona of stars is not animated, is a problem of some settings?
    Thank you for your e attention.
    biggrin

Added (09.01.2015, 23:10)
    ---------------------------------------------
    In space engine 0.9.7.2 sometimes the background universe seems inside a cube ..
    is a bug?

Mainboard ASUS ... Processor Intel i7 3Ghz ... RAM 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator ... Graphics Card Asus GeForce 780GTX Direct CU II .....

StrickerDate: Saturday, 10.01.2015, 04:00 | Message # 255
    Observer
    United States
    Well, Id like to start out, that this is an amazing job done by you guys. But there have been a few bugs. When loading sprites, they glitch out, badly.(NOTE:The following is only for spiral galaxys) The skybox for the galaxy appears with the sprite for looking at the galaxy from a distance. These both appear in 2d, the galaxy model stays in a position, in 2d. And the skybox for the galaxy remains staring at you forever, at whatever angle you look at it. When you zoom into the stars, (with elliptical galaxy too) they render in these, cubes. It kinda looks like the edge of the procedural generation of the universe. Right now, im trying to re-install it and mess around with different options, so if anything comes up, ill just post it on here for info. I use Intel HD graphics 4000, and i have 8 gigs of ram, Intel i5-3210M cpu 2.5Ghz. I know there have been bugs with intel (thanks intel) but, if anything ahs been figured out, please tell me. Id also like to note, at first i had no issues with this game.

And i hope it wasnt answered somewhere earlier in the forum, I am just too lazy to read all of that.

EDIT:When moving, the skybox stays in one place like a picture overlapping the engine. When stopped, it does that weird fractal thing. this all happens inside the galaxy. And I zoomed out to where i could see the entire galaxy, it did what i first described in this comment. Accept, the engine began loading another image, that was an image from a veiwpoint alot closer to the galaxy, almost inside the galactic plane. This took up a lot of processing power, it took atleast 10 seconds for space engine to close after I alt-tabbed out (which took longer) and clicked "close program"

EDIT:I was playing around with space engine, and i noticed that when you load up the galaxy when you click planetarium, the problem goes away. So now we know this is a fixable bug. Anyway, this skybox problem occurs when i go to a planet and the terrain starts to generate, its like the skybox is locked in place on the screen. Mayby the mipmaps does something to the skybox so it can load the planet.

Here is a pic from a galaxy from afar
    http://en.spaceengine.org/_fr/26/4382042.jpg

Edited by Stricker - Monday, 12.01.2015, 01:45

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
    Page 17 of 45«1215161718194445»
    Search: