RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 16 of 45«1214151617184445»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 26.12.2014, 20:29 | Message # 1
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you make a clean install of SpaceEngine and update your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

ATI/AMD: Transparent or invisible planets, no landscape

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Crash near planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers or strange error message "(NULL) 2.1 (NULL)"

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Crash on entering the Display menu

9) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 05.01.2015, 08:11 | Message # 226
    Cosmic Curator
    Group: Administrators
    United States
    Ingolifs, read the site FAQ.

All forum users, please read this!
    My SE mods and addons
    Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

MalzMDate: Monday, 05.01.2015, 12:12 | Message # 227
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Germany
    I did not find a report for this issue, and even though it is more a "work in progress" problem than a bug:

Sometimes (like shown on screenshot, an extinguished one) the borders of volcanos are extremly sharp, also leading to a visible texture tiling on their borders.

It seems to be a general problem with the height map of the volcanos:

Attachments: 3498605.jpg(541Kb) · 3337779.jpg(481Kb) · 8468707.jpg(529Kb)

Edited by MalzM - Monday, 05.01.2015, 19:36

second-ichDate: Monday, 05.01.2015, 18:38 | Message # 228
    Space Pilot
    Group: Users
    Germany
    I have notices that in version 0.9.7.2 the planet surface need much more time to calculate. In 0.9.7.1 it took about 9 seconds to calculate the surface completely (LOD 0) in 0.9.7.2 it takes about 1 minute and 25 seconds to calculate the surface on a similar planet (also LOD 0).

I just want to ask if anyone has noticed the same or is it a incompatibility with my system?

But in space it runs much smoother then before smile

Edited by second-ich - Monday, 05.01.2015, 18:39

FastFourierTransformDate: Monday, 05.01.2015, 18:57 | Message # 229
    Pioneer
    Group: Local Moderators
    Spain
    Quote second-ich ()
    I just want to ask if anyone has noticed the same or is it a incompatibility with my system?

I also noticed that. Good performance and smooth movements in general but when rendering planet surfaces, the engine takes a lot of time and it looks to me that is more time spending every time the surface loads a bit more (deceleration).

ZatSoloDate: Monday, 05.01.2015, 20:54 | Message # 230
    Space Pilot
    Italy
    In "Graphics" options -> "Point sources" section, I've set star "Scale" @ 1.10 (default is 1.0).

When SE starts, i see this:

Then I go in "Graphics" options -> "Point sources" section, and I change star "Scale" @ 1.05, then I set again star "Scale" @ 1.10.
    All in all, by so doing I haven't in fact changed anything: star "Scale" remains unchanged @ 1.10. Anyway...

... Now the sky vision is much better:

Why? wacko

P.S.
    I use "Windows 7 Pro 64 bit" and nVIDIA GTX 660ti + 347.09 drivers (using 344.75 I had the same result).

My "Graphics" settings:

Attachments: 3247442.png(310Kb) · 7259060.png(367Kb) · 5785657.png(156Kb)

parameciumkidDate: Monday, 05.01.2015, 21:41 | Message # 231
    Explorer
    United States
    So no help on the aforementioned red clouds?

Also, it's good that SpaceEngineer is planning on hotfixing that tidal heating bug, but just to emphasize the severity:

I stupidly forgot to take a screenshot with GUI, but well... this is the asteroid Ida and its mini-moon, which due to erroneous tidal heating is something like 6000K and looks like a star when I zoom out.

P.S. I turned on PlanetVSFetching to solve the Intel HD Graphics terrain bug and now as you can see everything is an oblate spheroid - is that supposed to be what happens?

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Edited by parameciumkid - Monday, 05.01.2015, 23:29

FireintheholeDate: Monday, 05.01.2015, 23:25 | Message # 232
    Pioneer
    Group: Translators
    Sweden
    Largest red dwarf in the universe?! 31 times the diameter of the Sun surprised

Love SpaceEngine!

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 00:31 | Message # 233
    Galaxy Architect
    Group: Global Moderators
    United States
    Fireinthehole, there's no bug or troubleshooting issue here. That is a catalog star. Any weirdness of catalog stars is almost always due to a catalog error or just SE trying to calculate properties from limited data.

FireintheholeDate: Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 00:34 | Message # 234
    Pioneer
    Sweden
    Watsisname, oh I see!

ZatSolo, I'm having the same issue as you.

Love SpaceEngine!

ZatSoloDate: Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 09:45 | Message # 235
    Space Pilot
    Italy
    Quote ZatSolo ()
    In "Graphics" options -> "Point sources" section, I've set star "Scale" @ 1.10 (default is 1.0).

When SE starts, i see this ... [stars are dim]

Quote Fireinthehole ()
    ZatSolo, I'm having the same issue as you

Did anyone else encountered the same problem? If so, then this is a little bug wink
    The workaround is, so far, change "Scale" up or down by one step and then set the previous value.

Edited by ZatSolo - Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 09:48

FireintheholeDate: Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 17:37 | Message # 236
    Pioneer
    Sweden
    A new problem has occured for me. The "Loading..." and "Close" options won't disappear when starting up SE.

Screenshot:

However, the problem is very easy to solve, by simply clicking "close". But that's not how it's supposed to look. It happened after I moved my user.cfg file, just to see what the default graphic options were, and then changing back to my old user.cfg file.

Love SpaceEngine!

TenebrisDate: Tuesday, 06.01.2015, 21:24 | Message # 237
    Observer
    United Kingdom
    First thing's first: hi, I'm Tenebris! biggrin

I downloaded Space Engine 0.9.7.2 a few days ago and encountered the same problem with the galaxy rendering as PlutonianEmpire. I have a graphics card though; it's not one of the best out there but it handled 9.7.1 just fine. Is there anything else besides not having a graphics card that could cause this problem?

youvaDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 01:17 | Message # 238
    Observer
    Canada
    So here's my problem, everytime I load up space engine the screen is white and even if I wait it still white. The music and the cursor works though for some reasons. Anyways, I hope you guys can help me, because I really want to try out SE.
    Attachments: 1866821.png(17Kb) · 2831372.log(30Kb)

DinoflyDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 12:07 | Message # 239
    Observer
    Italy
    I'm sure someone already pointed out, but there are binary system in which a star penetrates the other one, usually when one of them is a giant.
    This is a quite common bug, i've seen a lot of system with this problem.

Edited by Dinofly - Thursday, 08.01.2015, 12:07

VaktermeszDate: Thursday, 08.01.2015, 12:52 | Message # 240
    Observer
    Hungary
    Hi!

I downloaded the SE 0.9.7.2 last day. In 9.7.1 the program is working perfectly.
    I dont have the best pc: AMD Sempron 140 2,7ghz cpu, ATI Radeon HD4350 512MB video card, ASUS M2N68-SE2 AM2+ motherboard.
    So, my problem is, if i want to go to a planet like deserts or selenas, i have a black texture bug.
    The loading time is worst then in 9.7.1 and i have the invisible planet problem too.

It need 1-2 minutes to load the texture now. And if I zoom out the loaded texture is wrong again.

How can I fix this? I have the latest video driver what i can use(13.9).

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks the help!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
    Page 16 of 45«1214151617184445»
    Search: