[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 37 of 61«1235363738396061»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress 0.97
Work progress 0.97
VladVoivodeDate: Friday, 11.01.2013, 14:14 | Message # 541
Astronaut
Group: Users
Netherlands
The way I see it, if one takes the account of creation in Genesis literally, it took six days for God to create the universe - known as Universe 1.0. I still think He needs to work on the homo sapiens violence bug, so, kudos to SE for creating another universe, albeit it took longer than six days - where we are free to imagine possibilities and vist places we nor our children's children's children's children will never visit in Universe 1.0 wink No need to hurry SE, what you are creating is mindboggling.

Edited by VladVoivode - Friday, 11.01.2013, 14:15

SalvoDate: Friday, 11.01.2013, 14:53 | Message # 542
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
(VladVoivode)
The way I see it, if one takes the account of creation in Genesis literally, it took six days for God to create the universe - known as Universe 1.0. I still think He needs to work on the homo sapiens violence bug, so, kudos to SE for creating another universe, albeit it took longer than six days - where we are free to imagine possibilities and vist places we nor our children's children's children's children will never visit in Universe 1.0 wink No need to hurry SE, what you are creating is mindboggling.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Friday, 11.01.2013, 14:57

HatiDate: Friday, 11.01.2013, 23:16 | Message # 543
Observer
United Kingdom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk8JlXWtBNc

Interesting little video from sixtysymbols. Anyway, I'm wondering if you plan to structure galaxies having collisions with this kind of detail. S0 galaxies, tidal dwarves and the increase in star creation.

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 11.01.2013, 23:48 | Message # 544
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Hati)
Anyway, I'm wondering if you plan to structure galaxies having collisions with this kind of detail.

As SpaceEngineer said in the to-do list:
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
as long as SE is a scientifically accurate Universe simulator, then one day it will implement ALL space objects and phenomenon that are known to modern astronomy. So you may not bother yourself with questions like "will SE one day have meteor rain implemented". I guarantee that it WILL.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

HatiDate: Saturday, 12.01.2013, 01:20 | Message # 545
Observer
United Kingdom
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
as long as SE is a scientifically accurate Universe simulator, then one day it will implement ALL space objects and phenomenon that are known to modern astronomy. So you may not bother yourself with questions like "will SE one day have meteor rain implemented". I guarantee that it WILL.

I don't know how I missed that

TuskinDate: Sunday, 13.01.2013, 23:40 | Message # 546
Space Pilot
Canada
I went over the last few pages or so looking at the dev progress, I'm so hyped. Really shouldn't have done that, haha.

Question, have you added any more custom systems in 0.97? Don't have to say what systems they are if you want them to be a surprise/something for us to find.

Edited by Tuskin - Monday, 14.01.2013, 04:32

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 14.01.2013, 14:10 | Message # 547
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
I will remove the fictional systems like Pandora and Caprica from the release. Especially Alpha Centauri system, as long as it now has a real planet discovered. The fictional systems may be installed as addons though.

SalvoDate: Monday, 14.01.2013, 14:23 | Message # 548
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
I will remove the fictional systems like Pandora and Caprica form the release. Especially Alpha Centauri system, as long as it now have a real planet discovered. The fictional systems may be installed as addons though.

You could add slashes like for SolarSys3000 smile

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

TuskinDate: Monday, 14.01.2013, 19:22 | Message # 549
Space Pilot
Canada
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
I will remove the fictional systems like Pandora and Caprica form the release... The fictional systems may be installed as addons though.

So you will have them up as an optional download? I quite like the BSG home system.

daveDate: Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 00:59 | Message # 550
Space Tourist
United States
Hey engineer, did you ever resolve the cloud height issue when reducing the atmosphere height?

SolarLinerDate: Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 19:20 | Message # 551
Explorer
France
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
Updated export textures menu:

Have you done somewhat a "UI/Graphic update" while exporting huge textures ? Because over 4096 img it takes so long that Windows belives that SE is not responding and "CTD" it after like 30s to 1 minute.

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 19:29 | Message # 552
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (SolarLiner)
Because over 4096 img it takes so long that Windows belives that SE is not responding and "CTD" it after like 30s to 1 minute.

I have been able to export up to 8192 with no problem. You may need to get windows to extend the timeout limit, and/or make sure that your graphics card can handle texture sizes over 4096.

My SE mods and addons

astronomy_loverDate: Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 22:44 | Message # 553
Observer
Italy
Excuse me, I think that this is the discussion where I can post my request.
My problem is this: there is an alternative combination of keys of the keybord to replace the command "Right drag" that is for rotate around selected object's center?
I try to explain my request, more best.
In Celestia, for example, to rotate around selected object's center, there are two possibilities:
- Right drag;
or
- Shift + Up (or Down, left, right) Arrow.
It is possible the same thing in Space Engine?
It is more important for me because to rotate a planet, or satellite, whit the drag mouse is very very difficult and tiresome.
Thank's for your answer in advance  :)

Edited by astronomy_lover - Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 22:45

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 23:17 | Message # 554
Cosmic Curator
United States
You can set the camera to track the object (T key) and then use the movement buttons (WASD) to rotate the camera around the planet. You can of course change the rate of rotation by adjusting velocity. I know of no other keyboard alternatives that currently exist. Alternately, you might consider adjusting your mouse sensitivity to make click + drag easier?

My SE mods and addons

astronomy_loverDate: Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 23:36 | Message # 555
Observer
Italy
HarbingerDawn,
Thank's for your answer, Dragon. I try with yours advices but it is not that I want to said. I don't want modify the sensibility of my mouse because I have other problems with the maneuverability of the mouse.
I hope that in the next version 0.97 of Space Engine there is the possibility of a combination of keys to replace the command "Right drag".
Thank's still for your attention smile  
Good night...

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress 0.97
Page 37 of 61«1235363738396061»
Search: