[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 33 of 61«1231323334356061»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress 0.97
Work progress 0.97
smjjamesDate: Saturday, 22.12.2012, 17:47 | Message # 481
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Space Engineer, just to get clarification and wondering out of curiosity, will we also be able to modify in the menu how the diffraction looks as opposed to the default diffraction?

anonymousgamerDate: Saturday, 22.12.2012, 18:00 | Message # 482
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
(smjjames)
will we also be able to modify in the menu how the diffraction looks as opposed to the default diffraction

The diffraction is just one big lens ghost. So, no.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 22.12.2012, 22:45 | Message # 483
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
(smjjames)
Space Engineer, just to get clarification and wondering out of curiosity, will we also be able to modify in the menu how the diffraction looks as opposed to the default diffraction?

Do you mean select different lens flare/diffraction spike textures to use via the menu interface? Then yes, that's the plan. If you mean making some kind of in situ edits, then I don't think so.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

AlessiaCristalloooDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 12:14 | Message # 484
Astronaut
Italy
Space Engineer, I have a question, can you add sounds when you click to a menù? smile
I edited the sounds that I sent you because I listened it again and I didn't liked it so much, so I edited them smile

Attachments: Sounds_SE.zip(251Kb)

vosk_010858Date: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 14:31 | Message # 485
Observer
Group: Newbies
Ukraine
AlessiaCristallooo Sorry, SpaceEngine uses only musics.
P.S. Please, change your user icon to SE screenshot.

SpaceEngineer SpaceEngine has no constellations. Example, Eyes on the Solar System from NASA, constellation segments provided by Stellarium.
Please, add Constellations.

Desktop:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 2,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Laptop:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5 CPU 2.50GHz, 4,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 14:39 | Message # 486
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
(AlessiaCristallooo)
can you add sounds when you click to a menù?

I second this idea.

(vosk_010858)

vosk_010858, other peoples avatars are none of your business. Also, you already have an account, so i am banning the one you are using now. Use your original account.

(vosk_010858)
SpaceEngineer SpaceEngine has no constellations.

SpaceEngine does have constellations.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

AlessiaCristalloooDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 16:36 | Message # 487
Astronaut
Italy
(vosk_010858)
Please, change your user icon to SE screenshot.

Why?! You even reduced my reputation! I won't change it because I like it!

Edited by AlessiaCristallooo - Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 16:42

HatiDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 16:47 | Message # 488
Observer
United Kingdom
I'm liking whats going on with the flares. Can't say I enjoy the default ones too much, sorry. But with thew music, is there going to be an option to turn the music down? I like SE as a silent game.

Edited by Hati - Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 16:48

FrostbreathDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 19:05 | Message # 489
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Netherlands
(Hati)
I'm liking whats going on with the flares. Can't say I enjoy the default ones too much, sorry. But with thew music, is there going to be an option to turn the music down? I like SE as a silent game.

Almost every game out there has an option to turn down any sound or music volume, so I wouldn't see why a space sim like SPace Engine won't have it. smile

Amateur astronomer. Owner of a Celestron C8 telescope and, of course, Space Engine. Translator for Dutch.

FlynnDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 20:12 | Message # 490
Observer
United States
(vosk_010858)
AlessiaCristallooo Sorry, SpaceEngine uses only musics.

Yes, why does he need to change his avatar to something SE related? Many members have a variety of Avatars from all different origins. Not just Space Engine.

(vosk_010858)
SpaceEngineer SpaceEngine has no constellations. Example, Eyes on the Solar System from NASA, constellation segments provided by Stellarium.
Please, add Constellations.

I was actually thinking of this a little bit ago myself. While primarily useless, aside from having a Stellarium in SE, having the ability to view star constellations in real-time would be fantastic.

To be able to view a constellation from Earth and then travel to another star system and observe what it looks like from there would be... well... just amazing! (In my opinion). I was also thinking; in addition to having a known Stellarium, would it be out of the question to ask if we could make our own constellations? On our own galaxies/planets we have discovered. Again, it would be "useless" in the sense of gameplay but I would be overjoyed to be able to map out my own constellations on my favorite planets I have discovered. Especially when the database idea goes live and we can share our stuff on the wiki.

Something like the below picture would look nice.

PC: Intel Core i7 950 3.3 Ghz (3.02, 4Gb DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon 6800 Series 1Gb
Pilot, stargazer, and future cosmonaut extraordinaire!

Edited by Flynn - Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 20:13

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 20:37 | Message # 491
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
(Antza2)
SpaceEngine does have constellations.

No, SE does not have constellations. And given how little time is spent near Earth and how arbitrary and terracentric the constellations are, I don't think that adding them should be a priority.

(Hati)
But with thew music, is there going to be an option to turn the music down? I like SE as a silent game.

Of course. Whether you use the music or not is entirely up to you, you control if and how it plays.

vosk_010858, you've been harassing members of this forum since before I joined it, and I'm not so sorry to say that you're done. SpaceEngineer explained to you that you were on thin ice and needed to stop this, and I'm sorry to see that you didn't. Goodbye.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

KimbDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 20:53 | Message # 492
Astronaut
United States
It is agreed that vosk_010858 went WAY out of line with his actions; lowering AlessiaCristalano's rep simply for disliking her avatar. Truly one's avatar IS one's own choice. In response I have RAISED her rep a point in interest of support and solidarity.

And didn't vosk also try recently to RUSH THE ENGINEER HIMSELF (!) on the .97 release? If so, he forgot that quality work can NEVER be rushed. The COMMERCIAL software world has had examples of rushed programs; they were very buggy; one game (title forgotten) was practically unplayable.

Edited by Kimb - Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 21:02

smjjamesDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 21:07 | Message # 493
World Builder
United States
As for the constellations, go more than a few light years from earth and the constellations will begin to look more and more distorted. The exoplanets app illustrates this very well when you turn constellations on.

Not trying to advertise the app (although most of you may have it anyway), it's just the first example that came to mind which shows harbs point.

FrostbreathDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 21:16 | Message # 494
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Netherlands
(smjjames)
constellations will begin to look more and more distorted.

This is how it looks like in good old Celestia from the star Alnitak in the constellation of Orion. A bit messy to say the least :P

SO that may be the reason they might not be added at all...

Attachments: 3167901.jpg(248Kb)

Amateur astronomer. Owner of a Celestron C8 telescope and, of course, Space Engine. Translator for Dutch.

werdnaforeverDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 21:30 | Message # 495
World Builder
Pirate
(Flynn)
To be able to view a constellation from Earth and then travel to another star system and observe what it looks like from there would be... well... just amazing! (In my opinion). I was also thinking; in addition to having a known Stellarium, would it be out of the question to ask if we could make our own constellations? On our own galaxies/planets we have discovered. Again, it would be "useless" in the sense of gameplay but I would be overjoyed to be able to map out my own constellations on my favorite planets I have discovered. Especially when the database idea goes live and we can share our stuff on the wiki.

I like this.

Some kind of constellation creation mode would be interesting, where you are put in the center of where a planet is and are given a 360 degree view of nearby stars. What's important is that there is some kind of cut-off point (only in this mode). What I mean by this is that you can choose for constellations to be made of stars that are at most X light years away. While ancient civilizations don't really know how far away the stars are, in SE we are portraying the opposite of an ancient civilization. This would be my solution to the distortion problem- it would at least make it much less severe.

(Kimb)
In response I have RAISED her rep a point in interest of support and solidarity.

Well, I did raise it back up to zero first. Just sayin'. cool

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress 0.97
Page 33 of 61«1231323334356061»
Search: