Pity... We will have to wait a bit longer I guess. =P

Anyway, keep up the good work! biggrin

Intel Core i7-3770 - 3.40 GHz @ 8 Gb RAM @ nVidia GeForce GTX 570 1280 Mb

MethisDate: Sunday, 25.11.2012, 17:07 | Message # 317
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Netherlands
So many amazing updates are coming our way... O__o

As for the ambient sounds; please, for the love of all that is sacred, have the ship/engine sounds be a kind of low hum or rumble and not the "default" 'rocket'-like sound that is used in so many games... Thanks<3
I would happily support SE with ambient sounds and sound effects if I had enough know-how, but alas, I'm an electronic systems engineer (in training..) and while I do have increasing understanding of signal processing, it's not quite enough..

When it comes to the auto exposure feature, it would probably be best - mind you, I have no idea how the current camera works internally - to simulate a physical camera.. I realise this would be fairly complex and hardware intensive, but it would be the most realistic.
Alternatively, you might fake it by estimating the amount of colour in a given frame and if the added RGB are above a certain level, filter downwards.. A problem there is that you should probably want to have a luminosity value per pixel/group of pixels (something along those lines), since otherwise it won't be possible to differentiate between different levels of white, for instance..

I seem to remember you mentioned there's HDR in SE? If that is so, shouldn't that give you light intensity values..?

vosk_01Date: Monday, 26.11.2012, 17:39 | Message # 318
Observer
Group: Banned
Ukraine
SpaceEngineer Many users wants 0.9.7.0 (0.97). Please finish development of version 0.9.7.0 (0.97) and launch release version 0.9.7.0 (0.97) immediatelly.

Desktop:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 2,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Laptop:
Coming soon

PhoenixDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 17:52 | Message # 319
Explorer
United States
From someone who is brand new to SE v.96 I'm amazed at what it does already. Quick question for you, can LOD go beyond 2 with any benefit?

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 18:00 | Message # 320
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
vosk_01, SpaceEngineer is working on it, as you can clearly see from his posts in the thread. He has stated many times that he intends to release it by the end of the year, which means that if all goes well you'll be able to use it within 5 weeks. Don't try to make demands on him. Stop being a nuisance and let him work.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SalvoDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 18:04 | Message # 321
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote (vosk_01)
immediatelly

LoL, maybe he don't know that he's alone...

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 18:14 | Message # 322
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Salvo)
LoL, maybe he don't know that he's alone...

I'm curious as to two things, Salvo:
1) Why is that funny?
2) What does it matter whether he thinks the dev team is one person or five? It is rude and obnoxious to make demands like that, especially when it is clear that steady and rapid progress is being made and the planned release date is already so close. There is no way that behavior like that can be rationalized as decent or acceptable.

My SE mods and addons

SalvoDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 18:35 | Message # 323
Star Engineer
Italy
HarbingerDawn, I have no doubt about that, what is funny is to read "immediately", because look's like an obligation biggrin
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
It is rude and obnoxious to make demands like that, especially when it is clear that steady and rapid progress is being made and the planned release date is already so close. There is no way that behavior like that can be rationalized as decent or acceptable.

I know that his behavior is not correct after all, but I was ironic, I just hope he learned something, anyway is new, turn a blind eye for this time smile

VladVoivodeDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 18:37 | Message # 324
Astronaut
Netherlands
Quote (Methis)
As for the ambient sounds; please, for the love of all that is sacred, have the ship/engine sounds be a kind of low hum or rumble and not the "default" 'rocket'-like sound that is used in so many games... Thanks<3

Hi,

I am a musician and I am working on music for the simulator as are others. As to the engine sounds, they are quite easy to do. A little trivia for you: The "sounds" for the USS Enterprise in the earlier Star Trek movies were actually processed white noise generated from a Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 synthesizer; add in an LFO or two, and now you have the pulsing of the warp core.

I will have to do a search here, and if one doesn't exist, I will start a thread called "What would you like to hear?" Suggestions can be for ambients sounds, types of music, etc. I know that there are quite a few musicians doing stuff and at least for me, it would be great to get some feedback on what you hear in your mind's ear.

Edited by VladVoivode - Monday, 26.11.2012, 18:38

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 18:48 | Message # 325
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (VladVoivode)
I will have to do a search here, and if one doesn't exist, I will start a thread called "What would you like to hear?"

There is a thread on the subject (more or less) here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/8-265-1

Feel free to appropriate it for the purpose you mentioned.

My SE mods and addons

SalvoDate: Monday, 26.11.2012, 20:20 | Message # 326
Star Engineer
Italy
VladVoivode, i made some music too for my games (saigo no hoshi for example), some of them i usually listen when i use SE, anyway, the sound of spaceships could be created procedurally, but maybe is too hard, even if to create a simple noise based on tecnological features of the spaceship, plus a simple LFO as you said, should be enought smile

daveDate: Thursday, 29.11.2012, 21:49 | Message # 327
Space Tourist
United States
Hey spaceengeneer, did you fix the color bending and artifacts on the atmosphere layers too?

smjjamesDate: Thursday, 29.11.2012, 21:57 | Message # 328
World Builder
United States
Quote (dave)
Hey spaceengeneer, did you fix the color bending and artifacts on the atmosphere layers too?

Color bending? What are you talking about?

For artifacts, I assume you mean that 'horizon line' which appears above the horizon when you have atmosphere to sea level on but shows through terrain when it shouldn't, yea that'd be good.

daveDate: Thursday, 29.11.2012, 22:11 | Message # 329
Space Tourist
United States

Go to page 17 and scroll down a bit til you see the post about the "rigid lines" that make up different shades of terrain and water.

smjjamesDate: Thursday, 29.11.2012, 22:23 | Message # 330
World Builder
United States
Quote (dave)

Go to page 17 and scroll down a bit til you see the post about the "rigid lines" that make up different shades of terrain and water.

Oh that. I think Space Engineer said he fixed that one.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress 0.97
Page 22 of 61«1220212223246061»
Search: