Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 10 of 25«12891011122425»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting - SpaceEngine 0.96 (Ways to fix errors with SE 0.96)
Troubleshooting - SpaceEngine 0.96
smjjamesDate: Monday, 12.11.2012, 23:41 | Message # 136
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
smjjames, it says right next to the attachment box that the maximum size is 600 KB. Whenever you have an attachment limit the first thing you should do before uploading is to check the size of the file.

Okay already!

smjjamesDate: Friday, 16.11.2012, 22:38 | Message # 137
World Builder
United States
Hitting cache overflow problems again, it only happens after a LONG while when I'm way off the galactic plane. Let me know if you need it in a .rar file format and I'll try to compress it into one.
Attachments: selog.zip(146Kb)

Edited by smjjames - Friday, 16.11.2012, 22:45

XMINEIROCREEPEIROGENERALXDate: Monday, 19.11.2012, 18:41 | Message # 138
Space Tourist
Group: Banned
Portugal
How do i know?

Thanks for the help! tongue

lol

OpenGL 3.0 is the best OpenGL for SE. Trust me. ;)

Edited by XMINEIROCREEPEIROGENERALX - Monday, 19.11.2012, 18:42

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 19.11.2012, 18:51 | Message # 139
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
XMINEIROCREEPEIROGENERALX, you should have posted your question in this thread. It certainly had nothing to do with Development Status. If your signature is anything to go by, you seem to already know the answer anyway. All you need to do is look in your se.log file.

Use the search function before creating threads, and if you do create a thread make an effort to put it in the right subforum. You've been reminded about all this before, and if you do not start to be more mindful of your posting habits you will eventually lose your privileges of posting on this forum.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

PandermatismDate: Wednesday, 05.12.2012, 23:38 | Message # 140
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
/thread title
I know intel doesn't run shaders, but it can't generate landscapes, terrain, or textures? What's up with that? Is intel/my laptop too lazy to generate all of that or is my vRam "too small"? sad

I'd like to get some responses, thank you! happy

werdnaforeverDate: Wednesday, 05.12.2012, 23:43 | Message # 141
World Builder
United States
I assume you're talking about integrated graphics. Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements? Knowing more information about it would be helpful- otherwise it could be any number of problems.

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 05.12.2012, 23:47 | Message # 142
Cosmic Curator
United States
Pandermatism, you should have posted your issue here.

As for your question: if your GPU can't run shaders, then it can't generate landscapes, since the generation of said features is dependent on shaders. And it is also entirely possible that, in addition to that, your computer does not meet the hardware requirements to run SE. Unless you post your specs or your se.log file I can't answer that part. But since you're running Intel graphics it doesn't really matter what other hardware you have, since Intel is incompatible with SE.

My SE mods and addons

PandermatismDate: Wednesday, 05.12.2012, 23:57 | Message # 143
Observer
United States
Ah, sorry about not posting my se.log, here it is
Attachments: 6071591.log(54Kb)

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 06.12.2012, 00:05 | Message # 144
Cosmic Curator
United States
Two things, Pandermatism.

1) You don't have the latest version of SE, you need to download the 0.9.6.2 patch
2) You have dynamic memory detection disabled, so I cannot tell how much VRAM you have.

Not that either of those points matters too much since Intel graphics will not run SE anyway, but I just wanted you to be informed.

My SE mods and addons

PandermatismDate: Friday, 07.12.2012, 01:25 | Message # 145
Observer
United States
Alright, just found out that i do have a mix of minimum and reccomended

RAM: 4gb
Video: 1669
OpenGL: (couldn't find it but it is definitely over/at 3.0)
CPU: 2.10 GHz

I just have these 2 questions:
If i can't run shaders, why can't i turn them off
And if i can turn them off, will i finally be able to see the continents on terra planets, the small islands on oceania planets, and the swirls on gas giants? I just want to know.

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 07.12.2012, 01:43 | Message # 146
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Pandermatism)
If i can't run shaders, why can't i turn them off
And if i can turn them off, will i finally be able to see the continents on terra planets, the small islands on oceania planets, and the swirls on gas giants? I just want to know.

Pandermatism, without shaders you would not really be able to see anything in SE. Terrain would not be generated, nor would clouds, or just about anything. There would be next to nothing to see in SE. Also, oceanias don't have islands.

And no, they can't be turned off.

Quote (Pandermatism)
Video: 1669

That is shared memory, not dedicated memory, which is what SE relies on.

And anyway, as I have said a few times now, none of that is relevant. SpaceEngine will not run properly on a computer with integrated Intel graphics. There aren't any tricks or tweaks you can use to get around that. In order to use SE, you need to have some proper graphics hardware (something manufactured by Nvidia or AMD/ATI).

My SE mods and addons

PandermatismDate: Friday, 07.12.2012, 02:05 | Message # 147
Observer
United States
So i won't be able to enjoy space engine until i build my own computer or until college (allowed to buy another computer)
wow that sucks :/

SolarisDate: Friday, 07.12.2012, 03:30 | Message # 148
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
France
Patience Pandermatism, at least you'll have another computer someday, and SE will still be here, improved, and it will be even better. smile

monn45888Date: Sunday, 09.12.2012, 03:39 | Message # 149
Observer
Canada
When I first started up space engine. I clicked planetarium and then it was loading. But it still was loading. I've waited an hour and the planetarium didn't start! It still was saying loading. Can someone help?

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 09.12.2012, 04:06 | Message # 150
Cosmic Curator
United States
Hello monn45888, and welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to read the forum rules.

You should have posted your question here.

Sometimes the UI can glitch like that. If it does, just hit [Esc] and it should fix itself (you might have to hit it a few times depending on the circumstances). That should be all you need to do when that happens.

My SE mods and addons

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting - SpaceEngine 0.96 (Ways to fix errors with SE 0.96)
Page 10 of 25«12891011122425»
Search: