Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 29 of 44«1227282930314344»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Bug Reports for Version 0.96 (Please post here any bugs you find in SpaceEngine)
Bug Reports for Version 0.96
SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 05.07.2012, 19:52 | Message # 1
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the "se.log" and is located in the SpaceEngine's directory). Only the log file will help me to understand your problem and find a solution.

smjjamesDate: Friday, 28.09.2012, 03:18 | Message # 421
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Solaris, those look similar to what I found here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/4-705-10778-16-1347148915 .

SolarisDate: Friday, 28.09.2012, 03:28 | Message # 422
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
France
indeed,
by the way, I've merged the thread with Bug reports, there is no reason to create new thread for each new bug
(even if its the -The Most Awesome Bug Ever- wink )

smjjamesDate: Friday, 28.09.2012, 18:03 | Message # 423
World Builder
United States
It's a minor thing, but an easy one to find, I'm seeing lots of duplicate search catalog entries, especially with galaxies. The stars aren't affected as much, mainly the ones with a single letter that is either uppercase or lowercase.

By duplicate entries, I don't mean ones with multiple catalog designations, that's not a problem, I mean ones that have a name appear two or more times in a row. AM 28-225 is one example.

By easy to find, just open up F3, start from the top, and press the down arrow until it stops scrolling.

Edit: I'm noticing that some of those with duplicate entries have a designation like NGC ###A or IC ###-1 while the second of the pair (or more than one) have the same designation for one catalog, but a bit different for another, so that's probably the reason why. Maybe it's not so much a bug than a quirk of the find list.

Er, I'm pretty sure 47 UMa is not supposed to be a binary or two associated stars, even if it's one which is separated by 0.107 parsecs (MUCH closer than Alpha Centauri is to Sol). This is a star that the scrolling down the find object catalog stopped on. It's a similar case with 4 UMa.

And before anybody asks, yes I have catalog star bifurcate off.

Edit: Okay, when it stopped at Fomalhaut, I checked and there is a near clone of it 0.012 parsecs away. At this point, I went and double checked whether starproc bifurcate is off (it is), then checked whether it was a procedural or catalog star (not a procedural one). I also checked out Fomalhaut and it turns out that it actually does have a binary companion, just at twice the distance and different color than this apparent duplication.

Should we branch this observation onto a new thread?

Attachments: 0661854.jpg(213Kb) · 8463949.jpg(212Kb)

Edited by smjjames - Friday, 28.09.2012, 19:39

smjjamesDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 18:28 | Message # 424
World Builder
United States
I don't know whether this is a hardware problem or an issue with SE itself, but it's crashing with IC 3418 every time I get close to it or turn the galaxy magnitude limit above 13. Turning off clusters seems to help. I tried approaching slowly to see what would happen and at about 96 or so kiloparsecs from it, it crashed, but nothing had generated. I'll try a slow approach again with clusters off

It could be that it's an unusually large galaxy.

Edit: Crashed further in and I had clusters off. Whatever the problem is, SE doesn't like that galaxy.....

Attachments: 6357544.log(18Kb)

Edited by smjjames - Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 18:44

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 20:21 | Message # 425
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (smjjames)
it's crashing with IC 3418

It seems you're right; as soon as I tried to enter the galaxy, instant crash.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

NeapolitanBoyDate: Thursday, 04.10.2012, 00:47 | Message # 426
Space Tourist
Italy
Hello everybody. I noticed red water on a temperate Terra (RS 5584-348-7-735323-19 4). In particular, water is completely red when "3D water" is activated, and red and blue when it is not activated (close water is red, while distant water is blue). Thank you for the attention and this great software/forum.

smjjamesDate: Thursday, 04.10.2012, 01:37 | Message # 427
World Builder
United States
Quote (NeapolitanBoy)
Hello everybody. I noticed red water on a temperate Terra (RS 5584-348-7-735323-19 4). In particular, water is completely red when "3D water" is activated, and red and blue when it is not activated (close water is red, while distant water is blue). Thank you for the attention and this great software/forum.

I checked it out and it seems like, if anything, an atmospheric effect. When you are many hundreds or thousands of miles above this particular planet, the water does look purpilish-blue.

The first two is with 3D water off and with and without atmosphere. The third one is 3D water on and I'm some miles above the surface.

Attachments: 7981858.jpg(60Kb) · 6976780.jpg(45Kb) · 1278756.jpg(130Kb)

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 04.10.2012, 08:07 | Message # 428
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote (smjjames)
I don't know whether this is a hardware problem or an issue with SE itself, but it's crashing with IC 3418 every time I get close to it or turn the galaxy magnitude limit above 13. Turning off clusters seems to help. I tried approaching slowly to see what would happen and at about 96 or so kiloparsecs from it, it crashed, but nothing had generated. I'll try a slow approach again with clusters off It could be that it's an unusually large galaxy. Edit: Crashed further in and I had clusters off. Whatever the problem is, SE doesn't like that galaxy.....

Yep, the problem is the size of this galaxy. SE tried to generate 2.8 billion open clusters in it - this caused an integer overflow and crashed. I've fixed that and updates the nebulae generation code in the same way, to protect against similar crashes.

NeapolitanBoyDate: Thursday, 04.10.2012, 10:48 | Message # 429
Space Tourist
Italy
Quote (smjjames)
I checked it out and it seems like, if anything, an atmospheric effect. When you are many hundreds or thousands of miles above this particular planet, the water does look purpilish-blue.

The first two is with 3D water off and with and without atmosphere. The third one is 3D water on and I'm some miles above the surface.

Thank you, smjjames. Very clear. So, basically, it is something normal and due to the atmosphere. On Titans, instead, red water is hydrocarbon sea. Right? Thank you again wink

smjjamesDate: Thursday, 04.10.2012, 15:26 | Message # 430
World Builder
United States
Quote (SpaceEngineer)

Yep, the problem is the size of this galaxy. SE tried to generate 2.8 billion open clusters in it - this caused an integer overflow and crashed. I've fixed that and updates the nebulae generation code in the same way, to protect against similar crashes.

2.8 billion, wow. How many does it usually do for a typical galaxy or for the maximum procedural galaxy size?

NeapolitanBoyDate: Friday, 05.10.2012, 13:31 | Message # 431
Space Tourist
Italy
Ok, guys, if I am not wrong, this is the place where I should report bugs and similar things, as HarbingerDawn said.

I found this planet:
RS 5584-348-9-47060633-23 3.

A wonderful tidally locked planet.
The problem is, its water should boil on the day-face. Don't you think?
Instead, there's a lot of liquid water near the hot pole, and the mean temperature of the planet is 367,3.

smjjamesDate: Friday, 05.10.2012, 14:26 | Message # 432
World Builder
United States
Quote (NeapolitanBoy)

I found this planet:
RS 5584-348-9-47060633-23 3.

A wonderful tidally locked planet.
The problem is, its water should boil on the day-face. Don't you think?
Instead, there's a lot of liquid water near the hot pole, and the mean temperature of the planet is 367,3.

There are similar oddities such as hot oceanias. However, if the air pressure is high enough, the water would actually stay liquid, despite being hot enough to boil.

NeapolitanBoyDate: Friday, 05.10.2012, 14:45 | Message # 433
Space Tourist
Italy
Quote (smjjames)
There are similar oddities such as hot oceanias. However, if the air pressure is high enough, the water would actually stay liquid, despite being hot enough to boil.

In my situation, that planet has an atmosphere pressure = 0,8. It means that water should boil at about 94°C. And, more or less, 94°C is also the mean temperature of the tidally locked planet I am talking about.

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 05.10.2012, 20:55 | Message # 434
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
SE currently doesn't model chemistry and physical conditions on planets, so all possible.

NeapolitanBoyDate: Friday, 05.10.2012, 21:19 | Message # 435
Space Tourist
Italy
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
SE currently doesn't model chemistry and physical conditions on planets, so all possible.

Since SE is already something wonderful (thank you for creating it), I really look forward to see this aspect implemented smile

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Bug Reports for Version 0.96 (Please post here any bugs you find in SpaceEngine)
Page 29 of 44«1227282930314344»
Search: