RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 10 of 13«128910111213»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting SpaceEngine 0.94 (FROM CATEGORY "TROUBLESHOOTING AND SOLUTIONS")
Troubleshooting SpaceEngine 0.94
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 17:20 | Message # 136
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Arkdon, update your drivers.
neutronium76, this is a "cubic galaxy" bug, it seems to be fixed.

RobertJDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 23:00 | Message # 137
Observer
Group: Newbies
Netherlands
Finally, i have it working.

I upgraded to the most recent drivers for my GeForce GT 230 with 1536 mb, turned of the Aero-time on windows, and low and behold, it works. Brilliant.

HamguyDate: Monday, 07.11.2011, 05:04 | Message # 138
Observer
Group: Users
United States
what is my problem? i keep getting this
-

and how do i change tessellation?

Edited by Hamguy - Monday, 07.11.2011, 21:53

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 07.11.2011, 10:25 | Message # 139
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Hamguy, how can I answer you, if I don't have your 'se.log'? That default Windows message gives no information to help me understand your problem.

Scripted_No_12Date: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 20:59 | Message # 140
Observer
Saudi Arabia
i have this error since i downloaded it 3D space simulator has stopped working.
reinstalled 3-4 times nothing happened cry please help me this is my se.log

Specs are:
Intel HD graphics 1.3 gigs of VRam
Intel Core i3 2.4 Ghz
6 gigs of ram (2.92 gigs usable)
Windows 7

Attachments: 9684661.log(12Kb)

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 21:14 | Message # 141
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Scripted_No_12 Integrated video cards are unsupported. They have limited rendering capabilities and can't handle SpaceEngine (OpenGL version 2.1.0 according to your log). But new Intel HD cards are able to launch SE with full functionality (but at very low framerate). Try updating your video drivers. If it does not help, buy NVidia or AMD/ATI graphics card.

PS: And install 64-bit Windows that will use all your 6 Gigs of RAM smile

Scripted_No_12Date: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 22:04 | Message # 142
Observer
Saudi Arabia
my drivers are fully updated (intel said it so)
and This is a laptop (Asus k52f)
so i can't do anything else?

if i can't can you Please make a version for us Integrated video cards or for OpenGL 2.1?
i was searching the entire web for this kind of game (since that shitty universe sandbox wasn't free)
please cry

jtmedinaDate: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 22:15 | Message # 143
Space Pilot
Spain
You can find Universe Sandbox for less than €10 on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/72200/?snr=1_4_4__13

Calling it "shitty" just because it's not free I don't think that's fair.

Edited by jtmedina - Thursday, 10.11.2011, 22:16

Scripted_No_12Date: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 22:21 | Message # 144
Observer
Saudi Arabia
first of all that is my personal opinion....
second the graphics on US are worse than SE (again.. my opinion)
third (again.. my opinion) the universe sandbox should be free and open for donation(i would donate rather buying) like this SE than
forcing you to buy....
besides THE SPACE ENGINE IS BEST FOR ME...

Edited by Scripted_No_12 - Thursday, 10.11.2011, 22:28

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 11.11.2011, 00:12 | Message # 145
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
jtmedina, Why are you comparing Universe Sandbox and SpaceEngine? They are different application. US is a gravity simulator with several presets that you can load and run, while SE is a planetarium-like space simulator with procedural generation of planetary surfaces. The only application that is similar to SE (but without procedural generation and 3D landscapes) is Celestia.

Scripted_No_12, you might try to set an 'IgnoreCriticalCheck' parameter to 'true' in 'main.cfg' file. But SE may still not start due to a bug in memory manager. best to wait for anew version, where this bug is fixed.

jtmedinaDate: Friday, 11.11.2011, 03:46 | Message # 146
Space Pilot
Spain
I didn't compare Space Engine with Universe sandbox, he did. smile
...since that shitty universe sandbox wasn't free...

second the graphics on US are worse than SE

I only said that it's not fair to call a game "shitty" just because you have to pay for it. smile
it is not fair and constructive. Just that.

By the way. smile
the universe sandbox should be free and open for donation(i would donate rather buying)

Shouldn't the €10 it costs be actually a donation size it's so cheap?.

Edited by jtmedina - Friday, 11.11.2011, 04:01

RobbieDate: Friday, 11.11.2011, 06:32 | Message # 147
Pioneer
Group: Global Moderators
United Kingdom
@ jtmedina and Scripted_No_12, Please keep your discussions on-topic and about troubleshooting. I don't want to see your personal opinions start to derail this thread.

Quad Core i7 930 CPU o/c 3.8 GHz - 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - ATI HD 5870 1024Mb - Intel SSD X25-M Gen 2 - Win 7 64-bit
Add Your PC Spec To Your Signature Or Post It Here

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 17.11.2011, 03:02 | Message # 148
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Theme is closed. Report about bugs of v0.95 to Bug Reports for Version 0.95.

GabrielDate: Thursday, 17.11.2011, 03:02 | Message # 149
Space Tourist
Australia
I extract version 0.94 from the rar provided on the downloads page and change no settings. MD5 check for rar is same as on download link. Extracted to a different directory with same result. Version 0.93.2 (in another directory) works fine.
The splash screen comes up, then what I see is a black screen with the white crosshair. No interface. Pressing any button does nothing, I have to close the window by clicking close on the top right.

My se.log and dxdiag info are attached.

Edit: If I hit Ctrl + enter after the blank window with only a crosshair appears, it fullscreens and works. If I run it as fullscreen by default it's black until I go out of fullscreen with ctrl + enter.
It also appears as though I can move the camera around as when I click and drag with the mouse on the black screen the cursor disappears. If I Ctrl + enter after clicking and dragging I can see that the camera has moved. I have rebooted, have latest drivers, etc.

Furthermore, when I do get the game working by hitting Ctrl + enter it isn't streaming planet textures properly. I can fly around the galaxy at high speed with a large number of stars being rendered and get no lag (as you can see from my dxdiag my system should be up to it) but when I approach a planet it lags to the point where it's unplayable (10 second freezes then unfreeze for 1) if it's in a window. If it's fullscreen and I approach a planet it doesn't lag so badly but it never renders any more detailed textures than what you see from a distance. It says "creating mesh" down the bottom of the screen constantly.
Blue or odd coloured squares also appear on the planets surface at this time.

I have tried having all settings on lowest (including disabling clouds and atmospheres) and I have tried the fast texture loading beta feature but neither make any difference to the planet issue.

I really, really love this project and if I can help in any way I would be glad to. Please let me know if you would like any further information.

EDIT 2:
Here is a better description of the texture problem. I loaded up the game (black screen) hit ctrl+enter. Go to a nearby planet. It starts to create meshes. Level of detail increases. It gets to what seems to be the most detailed after around 35 seconds but it is still saying creating meshes.
After around 45 seconds, reverts to lowest detail texture then process starts again.

Attachments: se.log(15Kb) · DxDiag.txt(21Kb)

Edited by Gabriel - Saturday, 11.06.2011, 07:45

DevonXDate: Thursday, 17.11.2011, 03:02 | Message # 150
Space Pilot
Norway
I have had this problem before SE 0.94. I have 2 485m 2GB running sli (4GB) of vram and 12gb ddr3 ram so i dont get why i get this out of memory.
Attachments: 5195172.log(17Kb)

Edited by DevonX - Saturday, 11.06.2011, 17:52

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting SpaceEngine 0.94 (FROM CATEGORY "TROUBLESHOOTING AND SOLUTIONS")
Page 10 of 13«128910111213»
Search: