Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 12.01.2016, 15:58 | Message # 1216
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Giordie85 ()
I found much better this one you posted before:

With custom black holes you can do this in the accretion disk setting, nothing from then has changed.

There is a line in the black hole shader that adjusts the look a bit but it is unrealistic in regards to how fast the disks are rotating.

Black hole with shader adjustments

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 12.01.2016, 17:44 | Message # 1217
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Ohhh, neat! So SpaceEngineer already did put in a bit of radial motion blur!
In that case my silly request just boils down to a tweaking of that little parameter in relation to rotation speed.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

ShadowRaikouDate: Tuesday, 12.01.2016, 18:46 | Message # 1218
Astronaut
India
Quote Spock1108 ()
Titan's surface is one of my mod ... just download and install it from here, for now, as if it were a mod. :)

here

Oh, thanks. Yeah, I guess that'd be fixed next patch. =)

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 10:40 | Message # 1219
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Giordie85 ()
As far as I read until now, the general shape of the accretion disk of a stellar black hole would look SIMILAR to the Interstellar one (apart from its dimensions), like the one represented here:

But they do look like that. What is your problem? did you tried to approch the black hole to look at it's accreation disk from close in? It is distored exactly like on that image.

Quote ZatSolo ()
The content of the * .pak files is not read. This is the main problem using Windows XP

Ok, this may be a problem with incorrect build of the zlib for XP. I will check it.

Quote parameciumkid ()
My suggested fix is to program the texture generator to increase the lengths of the little gas streaks based on the rotation rate, and make them into complete circles if necessary.

This is not as easy as you think. There no texture what could be blurred. The pattern os generated on-the-fly at rendering stage, so "blurring" is only possible by modifying noise algorithm in some way. For example, surpress higher noise octaves closer to the black hole.

Quote parameciumkid ()
Also I occasionally get hiccups in the fancy black holes' environment maps, manifesting as lag or angular chunks of solid black, but this isn't major and usually goes away if I hold still for a second. Since it's probably related to my graphics card, don't panic about trying to fix this quickly (but please do keep it on the back burner for next time you're bored ).

Updating of the envmap is a huge task for engine, so I made it happen only each few seconds. To fix "hiccups", envmap must be updated each frame, but this will drop FPS to 0.1 on some machines. Envmap for ship's warp bubble is updating each frame, you may check it's performance on your computer.

Quote ShadowRaikou ()
Is it just me, or Titan has no surface? I know that in the current version there are no textures for Pluto, Charon and Ceres. Titan has a pure black surface all around. You can see this by disabling the atmosphere and clouds, or flying down to it.

I installed mod made by Spock1108 and forgot to disable it back in SolarSys.sc

Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
With custom black holes you can do this in the accretion disk setting, nothing from then has changed.
There is a line in the black hole shader that adjusts the look a bit but it is unrealistic in regards to how fast the disks are rotating.

Try also parameter TwistMagn in the editor.

n0b0dyDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 11:18 | Message # 1220
Explorer
Pirate
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
Adjusting one variable in the shader to 1/4 does this

I like that setting. If I only knew which variable it is in the shader rolleyes

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 12:09 | Message # 1221
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()

Was what I did first and what I meant by this
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
With custom black holes you can do this in the accretion disk setting

Quote n0b0dy ()
I like that setting. If I only knew which variable it is in the shader

I only did this inside the shader to reduce all black holes a bit, if you want to do it for just one I would recommend following SpaceEngineer's advice.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 12:15 | Message # 1222
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
To fix "hiccups", envmap must be updated each frame, but this will drop FPS to 0.1 on some machines.

Would it help to only update one face of the env map at a time instead of all 6 faces?

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

KobyDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 15:42 | Message # 1223
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I found a temperate terra in a triple brown dwarf system that seems to be way too warm for where it is. It has several large moons which is also odd.
Attachments: 5029007.jpg(182Kb)

huishbDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 16:23 | Message # 1224
Astronaut
Pirate
Guy's, where is the accretion disk setting?

Possessor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Possessor (CPUs), ~3.6 GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM. Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. Approx total memory: 4045 MB

parameciumkidDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 18:02 | Message # 1225
Explorer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()

If this does what DoctorOfSpace has illustrated, then all I really wanted for that "motion blur" thing was to have this parameter get multiplied by the disk rotation speed (or if it already is, tweak the effect of the rotation speed) so that fast-rotating disks appear more like smooth circular rings.

If I'm still not making sense, imagine an unlabeled CD spinning. Since it has near-perfect radial symmetry, it's all but visually indistinguishable from a stationary CD. This means that if you made a stop-motion film of a CD, rotating it a bit each frame, it would look the same as a real film of a CD, whereas if you tried that with something asymmetrical like a fan, it would appear to be jittering around rather than rotating due to the lack of motion blur.
Currently, rapidly rotating disks are exhibiting this jittering effect, but if TwistMagn were increased enough with speed, they would be more like perfectly circular CDs and the effect would go away.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

JackDoleDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 18:13 | Message # 1226
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote huishb ()
Guy's, where is the accretion disk setting?

You can change the accretion disk in the 'Object Editor. Select the black hole and open the editor with Shift-F2.

Attachments: 4489824.jpg(259Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 19:39 | Message # 1227
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
I only did this inside the shader to reduce all black holes a bit

Lol why did you do this? Size of black hole is calculated based on it's mass. Changing that making gravity lensing effect working incorrectly.

Quote HarbingerDawn ()

Would it help to only update one face of the env map at a time instead of all 6 faces?

Yes, but it would make seams while flying in warp. This is not serious for (amost) stationary black holes, but serious issue for ships.

Quote parameciumkid ()
Currently, rapidly rotating disks are exhibiting this jittering effect, but if TwistMagn were increased enough with speed, they would be more like perfectly circular CDs and the effect would go away.

TwistMagn is not a blur. It's amount of twist, which is reflected in its name.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 20:16 | Message # 1228
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
why did you do this?

Just wanted to see if it was possible.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Changing that making gravity lensing effect working incorrectly.

I haven't noticed that

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

n0b0dyDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 20:49 | Message # 1229
Explorer
Pirate
Just a persisting CTD while trying to hyperspace from bernard star to any other star while controlling a spacecraft I made with the spacecraft editor.
Program CTDs while about 1/3rd from target system. I noticed a sudden drop in fps as the shipwarp effect becomes active. I am including se.log for reference.

Attachments: 0241791.log(118Kb)

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 13.01.2016, 21:03 | Message # 1230
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote n0b0dy ()
Program CTDs while about 1/3rd from target system. I noticed a sudden drop in fps as the shipwarp effect becomes active. I am including se.log for reference.

Try turning off high quality black holes when flying ships. Even I get crashes occasionally when flying ships with high quality black holes enabled.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 82 of 221«128081828384220221»
Search: