Page 74 of 221«127273747576220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 00:29 | Message # 1096
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote Lynk101 ()
um guys, i said i intalled the new patch, why is it not working?

You gave us zero information with which to help you - no log or anything - so it shouldn't be a surprise that nobody had any ideas to share.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Lynk101Date: Friday, 01.01.2016, 01:50 | Message # 1097
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
Fair enough. It didnt come with a log, I moved, copied and replaced the space engine files with the new one. The version I had was an earlier version of 0.9.7.4 (patch 07). Patch 07 after installing patch 08 remained the same.[font=Times]

RetsofDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 04:47 | Message # 1098
Astronaut
United States
I won't be able to play for a bit yet, but i have a question. The patch notes said that ships will no longer skate along the surface after impact correct? So could a "ship" that looks like a building, or even a city, be placed on the surface for cool scenes now?

huishbDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 06:21 | Message # 1099
Astronaut
Pirate
Hi guys I got the patch! Soooo cool! Happy new year to all! When I was checking out sagittarius *A, I scrolled out and out of nowhere a second huge black hole that could fit at least a hundred other sagittarius's was next to it... I have no picture but still! It had no accretion disk btw. It was behind sagittarius and it freaked me out! Other wise awesome job with patch 8 @spaceengineer! wink

Possessor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Possessor (CPUs), ~3.6 GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM. Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. Approx total memory: 4045 MB

DarkenTerraDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 08:17 | Message # 1100
Astronaut
China
Why the accretion disks in my SE are always extremly big and spin extremly fast? Is this a bug or something?

Who am I ?

gazelleDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 08:21 | Message # 1101
Astronaut
Korea
Quote DarkenTerra ()
Why the accretion disks in my SE are always extremly big and spin extremly fast? Is this a bug or something?

That's perfectly normal. Average accretion disk spins very, very fast. (About 0.6c)

isdebeslDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 08:36 | Message # 1102
Space Pilot
Indonesia
For some reason there is no texture on Pluto and Charon, how do i fix it?

DarkenTerraDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 08:55 | Message # 1103
Astronaut
China
Quote gazelle ()
That's perfectly normal. Average accretion disk spins very, very fast. (About 0.6c)

Now I see,but why they are so big and so bright? It hindered my view cry

Who am I ?

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 10:32 | Message # 1104
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote DarkenTerra ()

Think of it this way -- the material in a black hole accretion disk is moving at a large fraction of the speed of light. If the black hole is small (stellar mass black holes are only a few kilometers across), then the stuff in the disk will orbit many times each second! But if it's a supermassive black hole, then it might take hours to orbit once.

So if you want the disk's spin to seem slower, then look for bigger black holes, like those at the center of globular clusters or galaxies.

Quote DarkenTerra ()
Now I see,but why they are so big and so bright? It hindered my view

That's just how the reality is! Accretion disks are extremely hot and bright. smile If you actually were to visit one in nature, you would really struggle to see the tiny black spot in the center. However, in SE you have some tools. You can reduce the thermal emission (Ctrl+F4), and the camera exposure (,).

ZatSoloDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 11:51 | Message # 1105
Space Pilot
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Known issues:
This patch did not tested on XP (sorry, Win7 update broke XP loader somehow on my computer) ...

First, thank you so much. ^_^

Just tested on my 2 PC (Seven, XP). It runs perfect on "Seven Pro 64" but trying with XP I get this message everytime I try to start the .EXE

Hope this may help you to find a solution for the XP users (China ? wink )

Attachments: 7058348.png(7Kb)

Edited by ZatSolo - Friday, 01.01.2016, 11:53

n0b0dyDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 11:53 | Message # 1106
Explorer
Pirate
Quote isdebesl ()
For some reason there is no texture on Pluto and Charon, how do i fix it?

I noticed that too. I opened Catalogs0974.pak and navigated to planets folder and opened solarsys.sc, scrolled down to pluto entry and saw this:

I then checked the textures\planets folder and noticed there is no path for ''pluto/Surface-FR'' nor for ''Pluto/Bump-FR'' entries in the solarsys.sc. I think that Spaceengineer must have missed to include them in the patch.zip with all the excitement and pressure to release before new years eve ;)

One temporary solution is to comment out the ''Diffmap'' and Bumbmap'' entries and uncomment the ''surfstyle and below'' until these textures become available...

Edited by n0b0dy - Friday, 01.01.2016, 11:55

DarkenTerraDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 13:27 | Message # 1107
Astronaut
China
Quote Watsisname ()
That's just how the reality is! Accretion disks are extremely hot and bright. If you actually were to visit one in nature, you would really struggle to see the tiny black spot in the center. However, in SE you have some tools. You can reduce the thermal emission (Ctrl+F4), and the camera exposure (,).

Thank you! smile

Who am I ?

r3dw1ngDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 14:23 | Message # 1108
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
Nice work as always !!

MosfetDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 14:40 | Message # 1109
World Builder
Italy
Quote Retsof ()
So could a "ship" that looks like a building, or even a city, be placed on the surface for cool scenes now?

Same reasoning here, I bet someone will try that very soon.
I managed to use a workstation for a couple of hours yesterday, some i7 with Nvidia Quadro and 16GB RAM, and the patch worked with no flaws for what I tried, except that some notable procedural places were no more available.
Sagittarius A is gorgeous.
happy new year to all and to you SpaceEngineer!

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

r3dw1ngDate: Friday, 01.01.2016, 15:38 | Message # 1110
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
I have a strange issue, I am at LOD 0.9 and the loading time of the clouds is much longer than the loading time of the land. I have tried both loading systems, my video ram is almost full (4gb), and in some places I have endless loads.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 74 of 221«127273747576220221»
Search: