[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 59 of 221«125758596061220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
GlenStevensTDDate: Thursday, 03.12.2015, 17:10 | Message # 871
Observer
Group: Banned
Belgium
will there black holes and neutron stars with type classifications because SpaceEngineer already implemented accretion disk to the black holes and neutron stars also jets is still WIP what about classifcations for neutron stars and black holes?

X = normal black hole (just original black hole like 0.9.7.3)
XD = Black hole with smaller disk (Like in Insterstellar)
XDS = Black hole with bigger disk (Sgr A)
XDJ = black hole with disk and jets (Cygnus X-1)

Q = normal neutron star
QP = Pulsar (neutron star with jets)
QD = Neutron star with disk

Edited by GlenStevensTD - Thursday, 03.12.2015, 17:15

huishbDate: Thursday, 03.12.2015, 21:21 | Message # 872
Astronaut
Group: Users
Pirate
SpaceEngineer, will there be a on/off option for the red/blue Doppler effect?

Great work with space engine btw! biggrin

Possessor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Possessor (CPUs), ~3.6 GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM. Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. Approx total memory: 4045 MB

Edited by huishb - Friday, 04.12.2015, 00:19

HandbananaDate: Friday, 04.12.2015, 01:00 | Message # 873
Astronaut
United States
Quote GlenStevensTD ()
will there black holes and neutron stars with type classifications because SpaceEngineer already implemented accretion disk to the black holes and neutron stars also jets is still WIP what about classifcations for neutron stars and black holes?

Q = normal neutron star

Space Engine uses official stellar classification types. There is no type known as 'XD' XDS' etc, so it won't work exactly like that. There may be some form of designation to differentiate between them, but it won't be listed as a spectral type.

Tonight... you.

Edited by Handbanana - Friday, 04.12.2015, 01:02

AlekDate: Friday, 04.12.2015, 04:00 | Message # 874
Pioneer
United States
Quote GlenStevensTD ()

Q = normal neutron star

I think that if pulsars are to be added, it should be at least considered to add millisecond pulsars in.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

Donatelo200Date: Friday, 04.12.2015, 05:25 | Message # 875
Explorer
United States
Millisecond pulsars are no different than normal pulsars. They only spin faster. SE already generates high rotation speeds on some neutron stars as well so once pulsars are added millisecond pulsars are automatically added.

Here is an example of a millisecond neutron star in SE. It's even slightly oblate.

Attachments: 3142269.jpg(228Kb)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

DarkenTerraDate: Friday, 04.12.2015, 07:05 | Message # 876
Astronaut
China
I wonder when will the new patch/verson realease sad And I an looking forward to the development of the protoplanetary desk dry

Who am I ?

DarkenTerraDate: Friday, 04.12.2015, 07:16 | Message # 877
Astronaut
China
Quote Handbanana ()
I think that if pulsars are to be added, it should be at least considered to add millisecond pulsars in.

Pulsars are actually some fast-rotating neutron stars with strong magnetic field of 10^7 to 10^9T, their rotation speed is usually extremely fast, but they are just neutron stars smile So, I really don't think that pulsars could be added wacko

Who am I ?

Destructor1701Date: Friday, 04.12.2015, 17:43 | Message # 878
Pioneer
Ireland
DarkenTerra, since neutron stars are already in the game, SE just needs to add a Pulsar visual effect* to the appropriate stars, and the job is done.

*(and maybe a sound effect? The conceit could be the "systems" of the "observer" are being affected by the electromagnetic sweeps - would probably open a can of worms as to what else should have such sound effects)

niseminoshiroDate: Saturday, 05.12.2015, 00:50 | Message # 879
Observer
United States
Quote Destructor1701 ()
and maybe a sound effect? The conceit could be the "systems" of the "observer" are being affected by the electromagnetic sweeps - would probably open a can of worms as to what else should have such sound effects

Hmm, pulsars emit a lot of different kinds of EMR and probably some other types of high energy quantum particles strongly enough that we can easily detect them from far away. Sometimes they have planets (easy to detect around pulsars), often made of pieces of dead star, far denser than our solar system's own (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSR_J1719-1438). Such systems would be rich in interesting elements and any captured asteroid moons would be great mining targets. If you stepped out of a shielded command pod in a standard space suit onto a small but dense asteroid, the rapidly rotating pulsar's magnetic field would vibrate anything magnetic (stronger ones would possibly heat and electrify everything metal), and cause a constant electric hum. In the unlucky event that the beam intersects the asteroid and you are get lost on EVA while trying to evacuate, if you turn your ear towards your visor the beam would probably cause some vibration (along with subsequent disintegration) of your eardrums. But instead of twisting your neck in your space suit during your last moments, you think: "What would Matt Damon do?" You grab some extra oxygen, fuel, and baked potatoes as you ride on the back of a mining transport drone into a lower and inclined orbit around the dense gas giant-ish planet. You film the brilliant auroras and play the Interstellar soundtrack, hoping that the profits from selling it to Christopher Nolan will pay for your inevitable cancer treatments. As you descend out out of the dense planet's shadow you begin planning a daring trajectory towards one of the frozen moons, hoping that the thick atmosphere protected the colony on the surface. You turn the drone into a makeshift heat shield and it's just enough to land a few km from the base. A lone figure bounces out toward you. His visor opens, revealing the aged but unmistakable face of Matt Damon.

parameciumkidDate: Saturday, 05.12.2015, 01:43 | Message # 880
Explorer
United States
I think you mean Magnetars. As mentioned above, neutron stars already exist, and magnetic fields are not currently simulated in SE, so "adding" magnetars would boil down to a simple label for a selection of neutron stars.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Saturday, 05.12.2015, 04:46 | Message # 881
Explorer
United States
I got a question SpaceEngineer. Has a floating point precision hit limitation have been eliminated so we get details of 0.1-1 cm. It has been there for a very loooooooooong time.

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

Destructor1701Date: Saturday, 05.12.2015, 05:17 | Message # 882
Pioneer
Ireland
niseminoshiro, yep.

parameciumkidDate: Saturday, 05.12.2015, 06:30 | Message # 883
Explorer
United States
Okay I was going to let this rest, honest! But I stumbled across this video today:

It shows a simulation of relativistic optical effects, including doppler shift and FOV distortions. I understand why the latter may be unfeasible for SE, but I thought just in case SpaceEngineer hasn't seen it, he/you might want to take a look as a reference for SE's color distortions.
I am, of course, still just a noob spouting off stuff I think sounds smart, so if you've already looked into this or know it's wrong or impossible then by all means just ignore me wink Just thought it was neat and might possibly be a bit helpful is all.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

kadeshvDate: Saturday, 05.12.2015, 12:21 | Message # 884
Observer
Spain
I downloaded your patch .09.7.4 but i cannot see accretion disk. Already out? or under developement yet?

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 05.12.2015, 14:59 | Message # 885
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote kadeshv ()
I downloaded your patch .09.7.4 but i cannot see accretion disk. Already out? or under developement yet?

It has not been released yet.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 59 of 221«125758596061220221»
Search: