[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 45 of 221«124344454647220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
MoonkeyDate: Wednesday, 21.10.2015, 18:32 | Message # 661
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
From my testing in 0.9.7.4 build 7, ReShade cannot access the depth buffer (And hence can't use depth-based effects), and some effects in ReShade (most notably from GemFX, like bloom and lensflare) cause awful problems with the dithering ingame, by disabling it and causing the colors to spaz out a bit..

Otherwise, settings from SweetFX and other custom shaders seem to do ok without any problems.

Just a bit of info!

PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 21.10.2015, 20:29 | Message # 662
Pioneer
United States
I've noticed an issue while navigating terrain in Patch 7, especially in tight rivers/canyons.

I seem to be encountering random "Jumps" to higher terrain when I am at low altitudes, on procedural planets. Is this something I can fix on my end, on my installation of SE? (I have DepthBufferMode set to zero. Intel HD 4400.)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Wednesday, 21.10.2015, 20:31

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 22.10.2015, 00:24 | Message # 663
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I've noticed an issue while navigating terrain in Patch 7, especially in tight rivers/canyons.

This has been an issue for a while, SpaceEngineer knows about it and hopefully can fix it eventually.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Thursday, 22.10.2015, 07:06 | Message # 664
Space Tourist
New Zealand
Turns out that the aurora lag is just an issue with Windows 10, will it be fixed anytime in the near-future?

"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."

FireintheholeDate: Thursday, 22.10.2015, 16:43 | Message # 665
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Constellation names switch is added to the Player menu. The system is made similar to Greek letters: like code 'ALF' in the catalog object's name is replacing with Greek letter alpha, so code 'And' is now replaced with word 'Adromedae'. Constellation names are listed in the localization file, so translators now have a lot of work :)

When will these strings come up for us to translate? smile

Love SpaceEngine!

parameciumkidDate: Thursday, 22.10.2015, 20:47 | Message # 666
Explorer
United States
Quote Oatmeal_Spigeon ()
the aurora lag is just an issue with Windows 10

Not true. I use Windows 7 and also experience aurora lag. It isn't extremely severe, but I attribute that to my Core i7 CPU.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Friday, 23.10.2015, 02:45 | Message # 667
Space Tourist
New Zealand
The reason I thought that was because before I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Core i3, the aurora were working just fine.

VilfateDate: Friday, 23.10.2015, 12:23 | Message # 668
Astronaut
China
I was just happy welcoming back the underwater fogs in patch 7...
and then found cut orbits once again

Are orbits rendered in front of water?

Attachments: 5909888.jpg(263Kb) · 1128706.jpg(154Kb)

quarior14Date: Friday, 23.10.2015, 12:41 | Message # 669
World Builder
Pirate
Vilfate, this is normal, and orbits are not cut, it's just that the orbits are hidden if the object "hides orbit" and water is translucent, this is why I think.

Quarior

BilliaDate: Friday, 23.10.2015, 21:32 | Message # 670
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Not sure if this has been stated before or if it's already known; in the latest Beta patch 7, It seems that some galaxies are rendering blue stars from super long distances. I thought that it was limited to irregulars but then I found these two S0 galaxies doing the same thing. If it's a hardware issue, just let me know how and I'll fix. But I wanted to bring it up here in the event that it's a bug.

Attachments: 4696509.jpg(157Kb)

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 23.10.2015, 21:32 | Message # 671
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Moonkey ()
From my testing in 0.9.7.4 build 7, ReShade cannot access the depth buffer (And hence can't use depth-based effects)

Because now SE uses reversed z-buffer, which reshade probably don't support.

Quote Fireinthehole ()
When will these strings come up for us to translate?

I think with the next patch. You may simply run it and open log to see the missing strings.

Quote Oatmeal_Spigeon ()
The reason I thought that was because before I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Core i3, the aurora were working just fine.

Sis you triied to switch off "high quality aurora" in graphics settings?

Quote Vilfate ()
I was just happy welcoming back the underwater fogs in patch 7...
and then found cut orbits once again
Are orbits rendered in front of water?

This is not bug, but limitation. Did you knew what accurate rendering of transparent objects required sorting, so rendering is done in back to front order? This is one of the hard and unsolved problem in computer graphics. Numerous algorithms was proposed during tens of years, from simple sorting of the primitives, to most modern per-pixel shader-based algorithms, what requiring extreme computing power. SE uses objects sorting for some cases (atmosphere, clouds, water, rings, aurora and planet particles), but no sorting for very large object such as comet tail sprites and orbital lines. You simply cannot choose right rendering order, because the same orbit could be rendered behind the planet and in front of it simultaneously (orbit of its moon). Single depth buffer for entire scene allows to render transparent orbital lines in right order with opaque objects, but to render them with right blending, some complex algorithm is required. I can make them opaque, so blending will not be issue anymore, but this will disable anti-aliasing. So for now orbits will be rendered in front of transparent part of planets, sorry. I think having right intersection with planet bodies is better than old method of rendering orbits in the background.

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 23.10.2015, 21:35 | Message # 672
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Billia ()
Not sure if this has been stated before or if it's already known; in the latest Beta patch 7, It seems that some galaxies are rendering blue stars from super long distances. I thought that it was limited to irregulars but then I found these two S0 galaxies doing the same thing. If it's a hardware issue, just let me know how and I'll fix. But I wanted to bring it up here in the event that it's a bug.

This is not a bug. What is the diameter of that galaxies? If galaxy is small (dwarf galaxy), bright stars will be visible from greater relative distance.
The bug in this patch is extreme star density in some galaxies. You can't do anything with is. This is a beta version anyway.

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Friday, 23.10.2015, 21:56 | Message # 673
Space Tourist
New Zealand
Yes, SpaceEngineer, I turned of high-quality aurora, again, on Windows 8 it was working fine on high-quality aurora. I just think that this needs to be better-optimised for Windows 10.

BilliaDate: Friday, 23.10.2015, 22:11 | Message # 674
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
This is not a bug. What is the diameter of that galaxies? If galaxy is small (dwarf galaxy), bright stars will be visible from greater relative distance.The bug in this patch is extreme star density in some galaxies. You can't do anything with is. This is a beta version anyway.

The galaxy on the left is 2391 LY Diameter. Galaxy on right is 1062 LY Diameter. So issue is not that stars are loading from too far, but too many?

Donatelo200Date: Saturday, 24.10.2015, 02:50 | Message # 675
Explorer
United States
That is tiny. For reference the milky way is average and is around 100,000 LY across. The galaxies you show are only 2.4% and 1% the size of the milky way respectively. They are dwarf galaxies.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 45 of 221«124344454647220221»
Search: