Page 42 of 221«124041424344220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 13.10.2015, 20:22 | Message # 616
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
The wiki info text editor seems to be broken again.

Can you give an example?

Don't forget to look here.

n0b0dyDate: Tuesday, 13.10.2015, 20:50 | Message # 617
Explorer
Group: Users
Pirate
Number of stars in Milky way galaxy increased from ~ 75 bil to more than ~ 500 biln wacko . I think a value of ~ 250 bil would seem more realistic. But overall I haven't come accross any major bugs yet. Performance inside galaxy is not bad at all considering the increase in sar density. smile

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 13.10.2015, 23:20 | Message # 618
Pioneer
United States
Quote RedRuin ()
PlutonianEmpire, What do you mean? Completely broken?

Quote JackDole ()
Can you give an example?

What I mean is, when I open the Wiki for a planet, at least a custom catalog planet (fictive), when I click the "edit" button, the text field can be typed in, but the new text I put in, it can not be saved. I will click "save" but my changes won't show up. I also can't import the cfg files either, that contain my descriptions for my planets. I will click "import", type the name of my cfg file containing my descriptions, but it will say "imported x objects", but still nothing will show up in the text fields.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

the_nerervarineDate: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 07:30 | Message # 619
Space Pilot
United States
Absolutely stunning. Those are the only words I have for patch 7.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

parameciumkidDate: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 10:08 | Message # 620
Explorer
United States
Yay~!
I would have posted my reaction sooner, but I was too busy actually playing xD
Patch 7 runs great on my computer, and I've had tons of fun exploring the new galaxies and playing with the new ship controls.

I have had one minor problem, that being that ships seem to be rendering solid dark gray (no textures), but I'll look into whether it's something on my end wink

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

JackDoleDate: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 11:24 | Message # 621
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I will click "import", type the name of my cfg file containing my descriptions, but it will say "imported x objects", but still nothing will show up in the text fields.

Editing works for me. If I export, edit by hand and import again, the changes are not displayed. But, this is in my user-eng-db.cfg:

Code

PObject
{
    LocName "Brune Five"
    Name    "Brune 5"
    Parent  "Brune"
    Pioneer "JackDole"
    Date    "2015.10.14 09:53:30.32"
    Descr   "This is a Wiki test - Third part of the Test, part 2"
}

PObject
{
    LocName "Planet Five"
    Name    "Brune 5"
    Parent  "Brune"
    Pioneer "JackDole"
    Descr   "This is a Wiki test - Second Part of the test"
}

PObject
{
    LocName "Brune Five"
    Name    "Brune 5"
    Parent  "Brune"
    Pioneer "JackDole"
    Descr   "This is a Wiki test - 4. Part of the test"
}

There appear multiple entries for the same planet, but only the first entry will be used. But that was at least in the previous patch (6) already like that.

RedRuinDate: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 15:44 | Message # 622
Space Tourist
United States
JackDole, Editing still works for me as well. I have no idea what your problem might be, PlutonianEmpire.

Brett001Date: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 16:15 | Message # 623
Space Pilot
Hungary
I tried. Patch 7 is great! Fantastic work Vladimir. I am glad that dwarf galaxy error is eliminated. smile

Edited by Brett001 - Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 16:15

PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 18:36 | Message # 624
Pioneer
United States
Quote RedRuin ()
JackDole, Editing still works for me as well. I have no idea what your problem might be, PlutonianEmpire.

This is my problem I'm having right now.

That's one of the only issues with this version of SE though, on my machine. Still works otherwise. smile

Attachments: 8895154.jpg(306Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Wednesday, 14.10.2015, 18:57

parameciumkidDate: Thursday, 15.10.2015, 00:22 | Message # 625
Explorer
United States
Okay so I've looked through the files for some of the older patches and messed with some of the settings, but my ships are all still solid gray.
SE.log says nothing about it, but I've observed looking through the .pak files (don't worry, I was only looking! I like to think I know what I'm doing xP) that the SHW ships have different material properties for each section type. Given that, it appears that the material properties are loading correctly (the fuel tanks vs. the shields are actually different shades of gray), but the textures aren't appearing, and lighting doesn't seem to be being applied.
Anyone else having a similar issue or know what to do?

P.S.: Also, it seems with the 0.974 beta that the Hyperdrive mechanics have changed. While the Hyperjump function is convenient, I miss being able to flip on the Hyperdrive and go sailing across interstellar space, which I could do before but doesn't seem to work now.
What I did specifically was press "H" to turn on Hyperdrive, then use the scroll wheel to apply thrust. Previously, this would accelerate the ship and multiply the thrust so that I could warp off at ludicrous speed... but now, the scroll wheel seems to only turn on the normal engines, acclerating the ship at the normal, non-Hyperdrive rate.
I've tried stuff like Ctrl+Mouse wheel, etc. but it isn't doing anything. Can anyone tell me the new way to accelerate using the Hyperdrive, if it exists?
Okay, scratch all that. I just did it again and it seems to magically work now. I guess the secret is to go embarrass yourself online to make it work xD
In any case, an updated guide to driving the ship would be nice, but I'm willing to wait until 0.974 is "official" ;)

UN-scratch all that! It really doesn't work! I was fooling myself xP
So I thought using Ctrl+Mouse wheel was the trick, but apparently that only works if you start with your ship stationary - relative to the universe, that is. In that situation, the Hyperdrive appears to boost the acceleration of the ship. But alas, it doesn't; as soon as I do that and then drop back out of hyperspace, I have a large residual velocity, and the Hyperdrive does nothing to help me reduce it. The only solution is to just wait out the long deceleration burn (or accelerate time, breaking immersion).
So DOES anyone know how to control the new Hyperdrive after all?

Edited by parameciumkid - Thursday, 15.10.2015, 02:49

n0b0dyDate: Thursday, 15.10.2015, 07:00 | Message # 626
Explorer
Pirate
Quote parameciumkid ()
P.S.: Also, it seems with the 0.974 beta that the Hyperdrive mechanics have changed. While the Hyperjump function is convenient, I miss being able to flip on the Hyperdrive and go sailing across interstellar space, which I could do before but doesn't seem to work now.

parameciumkid, check your button assigments (F8). Maybe the key that turn on the hyperdrive has been unassigned during the update. The 1st thing I do when I install a new patch is go check key bindings cause the keys.cfg is mostly always replaced.

I have another problem while controling a spacecraft in intergalactic space: I can not seem to display a velocity vector so I don't know which way I am flying. This seems to be related with the inability to select a reference or target body while in intergalactic space. However yesterday I managed to select a galaxy somehow and then the red velocity vector circle thing appeared as if I have set this galaxy as a target with the T key. Today I couldnt reproduce it. Strange unsure

parameciumkidDate: Thursday, 15.10.2015, 09:29 | Message # 627
Explorer
United States
^ Already did that. That's the first thing I checked too, and there weren't any keys listed related to the Hyperdrive that hadn't been assigned - all I saw to begin with were "H" to turn it on and the wheel to adjust engine thrust.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 15.10.2015, 11:53 | Message # 628
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
parameciumkid, as far as I can tell nothing has changed with the hyperdrive.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

JackDoleDate: Thursday, 15.10.2015, 15:50 | Message # 629
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
This is my problem I'm having right now.

Really strange, I thought for a moment that your 'user-eng-db.cfg' is read-only, or has limited access rights, but that does not seem to be the case.

Oatmeal_SpigeonDate: Friday, 16.10.2015, 05:35 | Message # 630
Space Tourist
New Zealand
Space Engine now runs at 1.6 FPS whenever I get close to a planet, I think it's because of how the starting place is on the surface of the planet's moon. It wasn't like this before then.

"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 42 of 221«124041424344220221»
Search: