[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 35 of 221«123334353637220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
sinsforealDate: Friday, 25.09.2015, 01:39 | Message # 511
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
SpaceEngineer, What did it look like before?

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

n0b0dyDate: Friday, 25.09.2015, 07:05 | Message # 512
Explorer
Pirate
Quote sinsforeal ()
What did it look like before?

I think (but not sure unsure ) it generated stars in the centre of the galaxy only and then it cutoff abruptly.

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 25.09.2015, 09:52 | Message # 513
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote n0b0dy ()
I think (but not sure ) it generated stars in the centre of the galaxy only and then it cutoff abruptly.

Exactly.

ZefnolyDate: Friday, 25.09.2015, 10:37 | Message # 514
Space Tourist
Pirate
Can't seem to get it working after hitting the "oculus rift" option on display settings. I did not mean to use it but i was changing something and hit it by accident. For some reason it freezed (it has been working earlier) but now i can't use it. I'ts freezing right after loading up...

EDIT: Solved it, just changed the settings file to not use oculus rift and now it's working biggrin

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

Edited by Zefnoly - Friday, 25.09.2015, 10:41

Tangle10Date: Saturday, 26.09.2015, 14:01 | Message # 515
Space Pilot
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
star generation bug

Oh hell yes. Does this mean that my tiny spirals might be able to have stars outside of the bulge?

...(also I am panicking because all my stars blacked text blacked out and I'm pretty sure this is just a result of settings failure and mods maybe so I am reinstalling game and it seems like the link is an error link for the beta5)

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

Edited by Tangle10 - Saturday, 26.09.2015, 14:27

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 26.09.2015, 21:00 | Message # 516
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Patch 06 (11 Mb)

Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Changes:
  • Docking functionality for space ships
  • Ship editor is updated to support docking ports
  • Added ship's autopilot command "fly to" (normal space mode)
  • Improved quality and performance of the logarithmic z-buffer
  • Implemented reversed floating point z-buffer:
    -- Rendering orbital paths with proper order with planets and ships
    -- Fixed z-fighting issues on water and clouds
    -- Allowed to place camera up to few centimeters to planet surface or space ship

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed inability to change ship's hyperfactor if engines are off
  • Fixed autopilot warp to stars
  • Fixed "rotate to ship" command
  • Fixed ship's gravity acceleration display
  • Fixed procedural stars generation in dwarf galaxies

Notes:
    New z-buffer is enabled by default. It may not work on Intel. To switch back to normal z-buffer, set DepthBufferMode 0 in main.cfg
    Only default ships are updated to use new docking function. DoctorOfSpace is working on his addons now.

•  
    AlekDate: Saturday, 26.09.2015, 21:14 | Message # 517
    Pioneer
    United States
    Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    Patch 06 (11 Mb)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Changes:
    Docking functionality for space ships
    Ship editor is updated to support docking ports
    Added ship's autopilot command "fly to" (normal space mode)
    Improved quality and performance of the logarithmic z-buffer
    Implemented reversed floating point z-buffer:
    -- Allowed to place camera up to few centimeters to planet surface or space ship

Bugfixes:
    Fixed inability to change ship's hyperfactor if engines are off
    Fixed autopilot warp to stars
    Fixed "rotate to ship" command
    Fixed ship's gravity acceleration display
    Fixed procedural stars generation in dwarf galaxies

Notes:
    New z-buffer is enabled by default. It may not work on Intel. To switch back to normal z-buffer, set DepthBufferMode 0 in main.cfg
    Only default ships are updated to use new docking function. DoctorOfSpace is working on his addons now.

Can I just download this into the Space Engine folder or do I need to download the other patches first? Never done this before, that's why I'm asking...

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

Destructor1701Date: Saturday, 26.09.2015, 21:24 | Message # 518
    Pioneer
    Ireland
    Hot-damn!

CanleskisDate: Saturday, 26.09.2015, 21:42 | Message # 519
    Space Pilot
    Pirate
    HYPE IS REAL! Gonna test it now! Thanks a lot again and again!

parameciumkidDate: Saturday, 26.09.2015, 23:17 | Message # 520
    Explorer
    United States
    I appreciate your efforts to make this software prettier and more functional, but my hype about Patch 6 is dampened by once again being unable to run it.

SE.log

Once again, the problem is a "BEX" (or occasionally "AppCrash") in module "StackHash_0a9e" with exception code "c0000005":

Through tedious googling, I've come up with a new guess as to what's wrong. If you have time, please have a look at these pages:
    http://serverfault.com/questio....2008-r2
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738483%28v=WS.10%29.aspx
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8dbf701c.aspx
    Apparently, either a "/GS" or "Buffer Overflow" is occurring and raising an exception that's being misleadingly flagged as a DEP exception, or the program runs code from a memory location that was not specifically marked as executable when it was compiled. There seems to be a setting in Visual Studio (presumably this is relevant) that tells the linker whether the compiled program is to be "NX-compatible" or not, which in turn determines whether DEP ends up stepping in when it runs.
    My guess is it's more likely the first error: some variable's getting initialized or modified somewhere and overflowing somewhere it shouldn't. Since the problem arose between patches 4 and 5, I recommend having a look at whatever was changed in between those versions.

The symptoms are as follows, and fairly similar to how it was before:
    - The splash screen opens normally
    - In Patch 6, the "compiling shaders first time" phase never occurs, even if I delete the cache folder and remove the hardware data of the previous launch. I can't tell for sure if this is a bug or not.
    - When the splash screen is finished, the SE window appears, but fails to display a menu and instead simply shows a solid gray background and immediately crashes with the above error message.
    - SE.log doesn't show any fatal errors and appears to run perfectly until it abruptly cuts off during the shader loading phase.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Donatelo200Date: Sunday, 27.09.2015, 00:39 | Message # 521
    Explorer
    United States
    Yep reversed Z-buffer causes an instant crash on intel. However with it turned off I am still getting the frequent crashes that plagued patch 5. Here is my log.
    Attachments: 6396828.log(105Kb)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
    HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
    HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
    RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
    MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

sinsforealDate: Sunday, 27.09.2015, 01:02 | Message # 522
    Space Pilot
    United States
    Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    Patch 06 (11 Mb)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Changes:
    Docking functionality for space ships
    Ship editor is updated to support docking ports
    Added ship's autopilot command "fly to" (normal space mode)
    Improved quality and performance of the logarithmic z-buffer
    Implemented reversed floating point z-buffer:

Bugfixes:
    Fixed inability to change ship's hyperfactor if engines are off
    Fixed autopilot warp to stars
    Fixed "rotate to ship" command
    Fixed ship's gravity acceleration display
    Fixed procedural stars generation in dwarf galaxies

Notes:

Great patch space engineer! Keep up the great work! 10/10 would download again.

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

DeathStarDate: Sunday, 27.09.2015, 01:17 | Message # 523
    Pioneer
    Croatia
    Really hyped because of the new Z-buffer. By the way, orbits aren't working for me again, can anybody else confirm?

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 27.09.2015, 06:05 | Message # 524
    Pioneer
    United States
    Hmm. I noticed something interesting. When first starting up the new Patch, I never got the "compiling shaders first time" message. When the game finished loading. everything was empty except the galaxies and the star sprites. I looked through the SE.log, and sure enough it was giving errors saying it was unable to find the shaders. Following SpaceEngineer's, recommendation, I switched the DepthBufferMode to 0. It fixed the shader errors, but unfortunately, nothing still shows up on screen except the stars and the galaxies. Only a single planet loaded in the start up system, in the planet finder (F2).

I did delete my cache folder before installing the patch.

Here is my last se.log. I spaced out on saving the earlier ones though. sad

EDIT: Curiously, when first installing the patch, I noticed that in the user.cfg, and even after I ran SE with the new patch, user.cfg did not update the graphics card info. It retained the initial info that came with the install package, even after SE was executed, ran, and closed. Changing the DepthBufferMode to 0 fixed the issue, and user.cfg updated to my Intel Card.

Also, an in-game screenshot after running it just now.

Attachments: 5310964.log(533Kb) · 6923620.jpg(270Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 27.09.2015, 06:13

VilfateDate: Sunday, 27.09.2015, 06:46 | Message # 525
    Astronaut
    China
    Edit 4 Oct
    Reinstlled and every error here are gone... Found out that my catalog was damaged during the installation of previous versions, sorry

Attachments: 5925428.jpg(112Kb) · 0052706.jpg(167Kb) · 6238523.log(43Kb) · 6529506.jpg(285Kb) · 1824915.jpg(192Kb) · 6255906.jpg(158Kb)

Edited by Vilfate - Sunday, 04.10.2015, 00:02

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
    Page 35 of 221«123334353637220221»
    Search: