Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Donatelo200Date: Monday, 31.08.2015, 12:52 | Message # 436
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Quote zeroing ()
Temperature calculation error

Does it have a large moon? If so it's tidal heating that is warming the planet and not a bug. wink

Yay I can't wait to see what comes new with this!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 13:43 | Message # 437
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Salvo ()
Question: Do there are some disadvantages? Because... I don't know, Unity still uses normal z-buffer, and a lot of other engines too, why they don't use this one instead?

This has been available on ATI relatively recently, and still (probably) don't work on Intel. For Intel, SpaceEngine will use normal z-buffer, or maybe logarithmic z-buffer (I working on it also). Probably this is why Unity don't use this feature (to save Intel compatibility); also usual game scenes don't need such huge accuracy of the z-buffer.

Joey_PenguinDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 14:05 | Message # 438
Pioneer
United States
like orbital paths, or small moons inside rings. Fixing all issues with render order, like rings or aurora being rendered in front of space ship. Particle effects on planets and ships (smoke, clouds, rain etc). All modern algorithms which required access to the depth buffer (deferred shading, 3D water with distortion, SSAO, shadow maps(!), etc).

You have come far, SpaceEngine.

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

form_d_kDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 19:39 | Message # 439
Astronaut
United States
Quote n0b0dy ()
You are not the only one who feels this way Can't wait for this feature to be implemented ! Every new patch is a giant leap forward! I think 0.9.7.4 will be the best SE version ever (until 0.9.7.5 arrives of course )

Seriously, one day people will mention the greats of Russia (Tolstoy, Tchaikovsky, SpaceEngineer) in the same breath.

form_d_kDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 19:41 | Message # 440
Astronaut
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Intel, SpaceEngine will use normal z-buffer, or maybe logarithmic z-buffer (I working on it also).

Is there a compelling reason to continue to support Intel onboard graphics cards? The performance is dismal (at least for me) & I can't imagine the planned improvements to SpaceEngine treating Intel cards very well.

Donatelo200Date: Monday, 31.08.2015, 19:49 | Message # 441
Explorer
United States
Hm? Dismal? On my Intel HD I typically average 30-40FPS on SE which is very good for what I'm use to.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

parameciumkidDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 20:57 | Message # 442
Explorer
United States
^ How? For me patch 5 just up and crashes right after the splash screen.
@Vladimir: I love your new features too, but I really really hope you can solve this issue. Please please please please please...!

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

MoonkeyDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 21:41 | Message # 443
Space Tourist
United States
Quote form_d_k ()
Is there a compelling reason to continue to support Intel onboard graphics cards? The performance is dismal (at least for me) & I can't imagine the planned improvements to SpaceEngine treating Intel cards very well.

Well, with a new architecture for intel chips coming out now, performance will be a lot better with those chips, and even run SE pretty well. So, even though Intel HD may seem weak, the more recent chips are pretty powerful in regards to handling Space Engine.

form_d_kDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 22:30 | Message # 444
Astronaut
United States
Quote Donatelo200 ()
Hm? Dismal? On my Intel HD I typically average 30-40FPS on SE which is very good for what I'm use to.

Do you have to compromise visually?

form_d_kDate: Monday, 31.08.2015, 22:30 | Message # 445
Astronaut
United States
Quote Moonkey ()
Well, with a new architecture for intel chips coming out now, performance will be a lot better with those chips, and even run SE pretty well. So, even though Intel HD may seem weak, the more recent chips are pretty powerful in regards to handling Space Engine.

That I was not aware of. Thanks! smile

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 01.09.2015, 02:40 | Message # 446
Explorer
United States
I can second the objection to "dismal." Sure, it's a level behind most dedicated cards, but even on all default settings I can run 0.974 patch 4 with FPS values nearing 200 (and not just in empty space).

Also, just because one person is running on a big gaming rig and thinks the rest of us plebian losers should be left up the creek doesn't mean we agree. SpaceEngine ran fine on Intel cards right up until the very latest patch, proving it's not something like The Witcher 3 that has to require top-of-the line cards, so it's unfair to cut out a big chunk of the population that could be enjoying and promoting it.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 01.09.2015, 03:03 | Message # 447
Pioneer
United States
Thirded. While I do suffer startup crashes on my own machine, they are completely random, but when it doesn't crash, the game is GLORIOUS. Patch 5 seems to be the best working edition of Space Engine so far. And since I've had to remind myself to keep graphics DRIVERS up to date, planets in the Sol system stopped showing up black and glitchy, and the Square Diffraction spikes seems to have gone away for the most part as well. smile

So I must say, SpaceEngineer has done a really good job for Intel chip rendering and I do believe I'm not the only one who appreciates this. biggrin

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

form_d_kDate: Wednesday, 02.09.2015, 17:38 | Message # 448
Astronaut
United States
Quote parameciumkid ()
I can second the objection to "dismal." Sure, it's a level behind most dedicated cards, but even on all default settings I can run 0.974 patch 4 with FPS values nearing 200 (and not just in empty space).

Huh. On my laptop (which has an NVIDIA 860 on it) it runs terribly on the Intel card. :\

PlutonianEmpireDate: Thursday, 03.09.2015, 05:24 | Message # 449
Pioneer
United States
While working on my system surrounding Kepler-16, I noticed that the game does not differentiate between Capital (upper case) letters or lower case letters. So when I tried to create a moon around the planet Kepler-16 b, the game put the object around the star Kepler-16 B instead.

My temporary work around was to create a copy of ExoPlanets.sc and rename "Kepler-16 b" to Kepler-16 ABb". So perhaps in a future version, known circumbinary exo-planets might be named as "<system> AB b" or "<system> (AB)b" instead? smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 03.09.2015, 20:59 | Message # 450
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
My temporary work around was to create a copy of ExoPlanets.sc and rename "Kepler-16 b" to Kepler-16 ABb". So perhaps in a future version, known circumbinary exo-planets might be named as " AB b" or " (AB)b" instead?

Yes they must be named like "Kepler (AB) b" by convention, but sometimes this is ignored. There are too little circumbinary planets discovered to date.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 30 of 221«122829303132220221»
Search: