[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 27 of 221«122526272829220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
cdmorris1971csDate: Tuesday, 11.08.2015, 16:10 | Message # 391
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Pirate
You need to be more specific. What are the errors you are getting and when. Can you provide screenshots and your se.log?

OpenAL32.dll, vorbisfile.dll, SDL2.dll, and zilbwapi.dll are all missing from my computer

Edited by cdmorris1971cs - Tuesday, 11.08.2015, 16:49

BlackboxDate: Tuesday, 11.08.2015, 23:38 | Message # 392
Observer
Group: Newbies
Canada
I am currently running 0.9.7.4. When I use F3 function to search for earth or anything in our current system, i seem to always get Object Not Found..
Does anyone know of a fix?

CanleskisDate: Wednesday, 12.08.2015, 16:12 | Message # 393
Space Pilot
Pirate
You must install 0.9.7.2, patch with 0.9.7.3 and patch again 0.9.7.4. I had the same problem and I found this fix.

SiliconDate: Thursday, 13.08.2015, 03:48 | Message # 394
Astronaut
United States
Catalog stars that have their masses defined are measured in earth masses. When trying to create a custom star it's mass is also in earth masses.

VilfateDate: Friday, 14.08.2015, 21:16 | Message # 395
Astronaut
China
Is it just me, or are Barycenters glowing?

I've been reporting this bug since 974 beta 2, and that time I felt quite surprised since this bug WAS solved by a tecnical hack in 972 release.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Saturday, 15.08.2015, 02:59 | Message # 396
Pioneer
United States
Well that's just great. I updated my graphics drivers, and doing so broke space engine. Fantastic.

Computer Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400

EDIT: I booted and rebooted the game a few more times, and it seems to be a one time Error. It might be related to my task bar, which is on auto hide. THe game crashes on startup when the mouse is holding the taskbar up at least once a day, but other than that SE boots fine, normally.

-----

(Much later edit): I've noticed a bug with Oceanias, where the specular reflections will not show up until one gets closer to the Oceania, or until atmospheres are turned off.

SE.log is included in the zip, which has the place location and the screenshots.

Attachments: 2801033.jpg(79Kb) · 0591720.zip(154Kb) · bugs6.zip(464Kb) · 8213539.jpg(198Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 16.08.2015, 23:14

AdiabatDate: Sunday, 16.08.2015, 08:07 | Message # 397
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Hi SpaceEngineer!

Not sure either where to post that or open a new thread as it is only one question and maybe off-topic as well.
I'm sure you are aware of the hyper hyped No Man's Sky game. I was wondering if you plan to arrive or to approach such a level of detail on planet with life... Dense grass, under water life, different fauna and flora species, etc.

This is maybe the more impressive thing of that product, and only that. Because for the rest, they seem to somewhat mislead people when talking about the all universe simulated when they are only showing what they called the galaxy with a bright center where the player is invited to go... That's odd.

I guess the procedural tech under the hood is quite similar to what you have coded in Space Engine, but strangely their planets don't seem to have a great variety of terrains like in SE (at least the few they have showed). They don't feel real from orbit...
Well hope there no No Man's Sky fans here biggrin

Side question: will you update Pluto/Charon visuals soon? I mean even only with the general picture of the planet on New Horizons approach (which is beautiful) and completing the other side of Pluto by procedural generation (same for Charon)... Would be nice.

Have a good day!
Dave.

SiliconDate: Monday, 17.08.2015, 04:17 | Message # 398
Astronaut
United States
I seem to be unable to launch the game without an internet connection. Is this a bug or just me?

Tca_11aDate: Sunday, 23.08.2015, 13:13 | Message # 399
Space Tourist
Portugal
Quote Silicon ()
I seem to be unable to launch the game without an internet connection. Is this a bug or just me?

You don't need any type of connectivity to run the engine.

SalvoDate: Sunday, 23.08.2015, 15:14 | Message # 400
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote Silicon ()

What...? That's... weird, I mean, that must be an O.S. problem.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

ZefnolyDate: Monday, 24.08.2015, 11:54 | Message # 401
Space Tourist
Pirate
Hmmm... need to check this out. But is there any news about those acreation rings around black holes? are they going to look similiar to those in Interstellar movie? Do those black holes emit light like stars? When do you think they are going to be added?

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

InariusDate: Monday, 24.08.2015, 12:36 | Message # 402
Explorer
France
@Zefnoly : Accretion disk of black hole is not very realistic in Interstellar (even if it's very nicely rendered). There, is, for example, no asymmetry in the light produced (which should be very high, considered what we know about it with the position of the planet). Moreover, the light should be more red, where is it nearly blue in the movie.

For more information about black light and light emission, you should read more about it (even wikipedia page should be enough). The answer is "it depends".

ZefnolyDate: Monday, 24.08.2015, 13:37 | Message # 403
Space Tourist
Pirate
Quote Inarius ()
@Zefnoly : Accretion disk of black hole is not very realistic in Interstellar (even if it's very nicely rendered). There, is, for example, no asymmetry in the light produced (which should be very high, considered what we know about it with the position of the planet). Moreover, the light should be more red, where is it nearly blue in the movie.

For more information about black light and light emission, you should read more about it (even wikipedia page should be enough). The answer is "it depends".

Yes I know most of that. have been reading lots of stuff about black holes. Have seen the beta pictures of how they was planning the black hole in interstellar to look like aswell (it was actually going to be red, they changed it because they wanted it to look nicer). But it is not unrealistic for those to have glowing rings. particles trapped so close to something that gravity pulling would make friction, enough to heat those rings to glow. But not as strong and bright as in interstellar

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

InariusDate: Monday, 24.08.2015, 19:30 | Message # 404
Explorer
France
I agree. About brightness, well, considering the temperature around this particular BH, we can suppose it would be very very bright, but not perhaps in visible colors.

Brett001Date: Monday, 24.08.2015, 20:42 | Message # 405
Space Pilot
Hungary
What is it that sometimes the gas giant's atmosphere patterns disappears? Only monochrome (without clouds , spots) , looks like a billiard ball. If you exit the program and restart, then SE works well again.

My VGA: AMD Radeon R7 250X 1GB

Edited by Brett001 - Monday, 24.08.2015, 20:46

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 27 of 221«122526272829220221»
Search: