[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 214 of 221«12212213214215216220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 23.07.2016, 22:25 | Message # 3196
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Grey, OpenVR and updated Oculus support will come after the release of 0.9.7.4.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

simonecinque1992Date: Sunday, 24.07.2016, 10:51 | Message # 3197
Pioneer
Group: Users
Italy
Is this a bug? Because I never seen a Red Dwarf that big..

Attachments: 7589412.jpg(261Kb)

My Mods and Addons

Packard Bell
Windows 10 Pro
Intel® Celeron® CPU 1000M @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
4 GB
64 bit Operative System

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 24.07.2016, 12:34 | Message # 3198
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote simonecinque1992 ()
Is this a bug? Because I never seen a Red Dwarf that big..

I also think it's a bug.
And there seem to be affected every 'K', 'M' and 'G' main sequence star of the 'HIPPARCOS.csv' catalog. Possibly others main sequence types.

It seems that SE confused the luminosity class when it creates the star size. For example, instead of 'V' SE seems to use 'IV'.

Some more examples:

Attachments: 3957870.jpg(161Kb) · 4669642.jpg(154Kb) · 6287645.jpg(221Kb) · 9671003.jpg(157Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Sunday, 24.07.2016, 13:04

RajdeepDate: Sunday, 24.07.2016, 18:24 | Message # 3199
Observer
Group: Newbies
India
When I try to download patch 8, it shows 404 not found. Mirror 2 has this error - The requested URL /spaceengine/SpaceEngine/SE-0974-patch-08.zip was not found on this server.

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 24.07.2016, 18:40 | Message # 3200
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote Rajdeep ()
When I try to download patch 8, it shows 404 not found. Mirror 2

Patch 8 no longer exists. The current version is SE 0.974 RC3.

Wicker1MDate: Sunday, 24.07.2016, 22:45 | Message # 3201
Astronaut
United States
Quote JackDole ()
I also think it's a bug.
And there seem to be affected every 'K', 'M' and 'G' main sequence star of the 'HIPPARCOS.csv' catalog. Possibly others main sequence types.

It seems that SE confused the luminosity class when it creates the star size. For example, instead of 'V' SE seems to use 'IV'.

This needs to be fixed urgently. This bug with the luminosity class could severely distort the depiction of real-life stars.
The Hipparcos catalog stars need to be depicted as accurately and realistically as possible since they are real objects.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 24.07.2016, 23:07 | Message # 3202
Pioneer
United States
It would certainly explain why I saw a brown dwarf that was more massive than it's red dwarf companion earlier today. :P

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

butterarmyxjrblxDate: Monday, 25.07.2016, 03:07 | Message # 3203
Astronaut
Pirate
Just asking, but when will RC4 come out as beta or be released to the public if it is already out?

"You can't spell Challenge without change. You need to change to overcome challenges." -Bo Dallas

LiefjinDate: Monday, 25.07.2016, 04:53 | Message # 3204
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
So I have been playing around with the new spacecraft content mostly due to the improvements on loading planets. Here are a few bugs I have come across:

*Ship models are always rendered on top of planet surfaces even if part of the model is beneath the surface.
*Planet models are always drawn over ship trajectories and orbits.
*Similarly, the docking rectangles do not get drawn over planets.
*Sometimes ships get drawn over each other in a similar way.
*In lower frame rates, the orbital stats on a ship's stable orbit. The eccentricity continues to increase and this is especially apparent in sped up time. This would make sense if the game accounted for friction in the upper atmosphere but as the frame rate increases, the eccentricity increases more slowly.

edit:
The orbital stats don't change if the radius is increased so it only happens with tight orbits. Nonetheless, if the time scale is turned up too high the orbit suddenly changes from stable to hyperbolic.

Edited by Liefjin - Monday, 25.07.2016, 05:03

SalvoDate: Monday, 25.07.2016, 06:46 | Message # 3205
Star Engineer
Italy
I've found a bug with gamepads. If you set a button on "pause" (there are similar bugs with other actions) sometimes, when you press that button, the pause menu starts to flicker and keeps like that until you press the button again.
I've noticed it happens more often when you press it quickly.

I'm not sure if I've been clear enough. wacko

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Monday, 25.07.2016, 06:47

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 25.07.2016, 12:28 | Message # 3206
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote kham132 ()
I found out how to fix the "gas/ice giants are black spheres" bug.

This is not a bug. Gas giants in RC3 have no surface. The black ball is required for correct rendering of the atmospheric haze.

Quote Przeszczep ()
I haven't seen anyone mentioning it yet but I'm experiencing quite a few GUI bugs. Actually I believe there is only one bug as all issues seem to be connected to opening and closing of dialogs.

Interesting observations, thanks. It makes me closer to solution of this bug. I never encounter it on my computer(s), so can't reproduce and fix. Now I may take a better look on the dialog animation functions.

Quote JackDole ()
I also think it's a bug.

It is a luminosity class error in the catalog. You may fix it yourself by looking for the correct class in Wikipedia or in the SIMBAD. (SE didn't confuses the luminosity class, it loads the same as typed in the catalog. Then it calculates the star luminosity based on distance and AppMagn. Then it calculates radius based on luminosity and temperature (derived from spectral class), and ended up with "giant dwarfs" and "dwarf giants", if luminosity class is incorrect in the catalog).
The catalog have over 100 thousand stars, so fixing this should be a massive community addon smile Or maybe someone can find updated HIPPARCOS catalog and convert it into .csv file for SE (keeping names, and adding missing mass/radius/age/FeH data). Also, star velocity data is required (angular and radial to restore 3D vector) - it will be used for ships warp physics.

Quote Liefjin ()
So I have been playing around with the new spacecraft content mostly due to the improvements on loading planets. Here are a few bugs I have come across:

Looks like you have wrong settings of the depth buffer. Which GPU you have and did you updated the drivers?

JackDoleDate: Monday, 25.07.2016, 14:20 | Message # 3207
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It is a luminosity class error in the catalog. You may fix it yourself by looking for the correct class in Wikipedia or in the SIMBAD.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree.
The stars in my examples are only stars from the 'HIPPARCOS.csv'. Not from any other catalogs!

All 'M', 'K', 'G' main sequence stars in the 'HIPPARCOS.csv' catalog are created with wrong sizes. (As far as I checked it, I have of course not all checked. dry )

Probably also stars other classes. But I have no idea how big - for example - may be an A-type main sequence star.

Edited by JackDole - Monday, 25.07.2016, 18:27

MosfetDate: Monday, 25.07.2016, 15:43 | Message # 3208
World Builder
Italy
Quote JackDole ()
The stars in my examples are only stars from the 'HIPPARCOS.csv'. Not from any other catalogs!

From what I read, Spaceengineer is referring precisely to the Hipparcos catalog.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 25.07.2016, 16:08 | Message # 3209
World Builder
Pirate
How is the issue with star mass/size going to be fixed?

JackDoleDate: Monday, 25.07.2016, 17:25 | Message # 3210
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote JackDole ()

Quote JackDole ()
From what I read, Spaceengineer is referring precisely to the Hipparcos catalog.

Okay, I take it back. I am ashamed. I did not read properly. wacko sad
So it looks as though it is a fundamental problem with the 'HIPPARCOS.csv' catalog that the data contained therein are not enough to represent the stars. I thought that it could be roughly estimated from 'AppMagn' and 'Class'.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 214 of 221«12212213214215216220221»
Search: