SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 14.07.2016, 10:45 | Message # 3121
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Voekoevaka ()
but I noticed a glitvh on the altitufr vounyrt

lolwut?

Quote n0b0dy ()
So if I download the steam version and copy-paste all RC3 default sub-folders (except the addon one) from the steam folder to my independent RC3 folder, will I have the most updated RC3 with the latest fixes?
Is it possible to do that in the 1st place? Maybe steam has some short of copy/write protection that doesn't allow copying from its internal folders

Yes, but it is piracy smile Future updates will have protection against this.

Quote n0b0dy ()
My addon texture/planet folder is about ~35GB. Do I need to re-download the whole ultra+HD textures again ?
please tell me that I don't have to.. pleaase

First, the downloads on the website wasn't updated! I prepared repacked pak files, but didn't upload them yet. I will do that after official 0.974 release.
You may repack your old addons yourself, or leave them in data/textures/planets, this still works. But some planet textures has been updated: Mercury, Mars, Ceres, Vesta, moons of Saturn, Pluto and Charon. You may download them only when I release updated addons. If you decided to repack other planets, I suggest to install some RAM-disk software, and unzip/zip pak files there (without compression of course - compression have no sense because png is already zip-compressed format).

Quote n0b0dy ()
If I think I understand this correctly, this means that if I have a modified main.cfg and user.cfg it will be updated with a new patch when it comes out and my modifications will be retained/transferred to the new updated config folder after updating?
That would be really cool!

Yes. There is not user.cfg anymore, all settings except last user position are in the main-*.cfg (main-def.cfg is default config shipped with update, main-user.cfg is user config which is not being overwritten, but "patched" with possible new parameters introduced in updated main-def.cfg). User position are saved in separate config save-def.cfg and save-user.cfg.

JCandeiasDate: Thursday, 14.07.2016, 20:16 | Message # 3122
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Portugal
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I just noticed that tide locked planets in RC 3 no longer have clouds on the night side. Is this normal?

Yes, according to new climate models.

This reminded me.

In one of my systems, I have this planet:

Here's what's going on here: this planet orbits a low mass brown dwarf, which in turn orbits a K-class star. At 1.43 AU. Consequently, nearly all of its lighting and a large chunk of its heat comes not from the brown dwarf, but from the K star. Since it is tidally locked with its primary, the program assumes the typical duality of warm tidally locked planets, with a vast ice cap on the far side and normal land and sea on the near side. However, since there's a lot of heat coming from the main star and a normal day/night (albeit relatively long, at 3.3 days) cycle, this shouldn't be so. This planet's weather should be complicated, warmer on the near side than on the far side, but not dramatically so, and there should not be a far-side ice cap. Simplifying, this should be very similar to a rotating planet; if you don't simplify, there should probably be polar caps, lopsided towards the far side.

Would it be complex to adjust the program to treat a bit more correctly such situations?

Attachments: 3547397.jpg(174Kb)

They let me use this!

Edited by JCandeias - Thursday, 14.07.2016, 20:17

kevdogeDate: Friday, 15.07.2016, 10:15 | Message # 3123
Observer
Group: Newbies
Australia
Please allow an option to revert the left mouse click+drag direction back to previous versions.
The method of dragging to aim like a first-person shooter game makes more sense. The 0.974 method of click+dragging the "content" is less intuitive. Please allow an option to switch this behaviour, also I'm curious about what your reasoning is.

RigelDate: Friday, 15.07.2016, 12:51 | Message # 3124
Observer
Group: Users
Korea
Quote JackDole ()
You forgot to post your log file. ('se.log' in the '[SpaceEngine]\system' folder.)

Do you have an Intel graphics card? SpaceEngine is not optimized for Intel cards.

No, I have not!
SpaceEngineer, told me the bug is fixed.
I'll remember attaching se log file. Thank you! biggrin

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
This is also done.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It's not orbit bug, but lens flare bug. Fixed.

Great! Thank you. biggrin

HetairosDate: Friday, 15.07.2016, 17:15 | Message # 3125
Observer
Poland
Volcanoes can still get a little buggy. It seems to be a very rare issue - I've seen dozens of correct volcanoes and only one like this.

Attachments: 1823297.jpg(304Kb)

parameciumkidDate: Friday, 15.07.2016, 19:28 | Message # 3126
Explorer
United States
Minor bug that bears addressing before the official release:

When the ship build menu truncates overflowing text, it seems to at least sometimes end up making the last character appear twice. I do not know whether this behavior occurs in other windows.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

RigelDate: Saturday, 16.07.2016, 12:02 | Message # 3127
Observer
Korea
SE is always shut down and bring warning message when I use zoom/in function (FOV).

Just a moment ago, I did it like this!

(1)Go to any galaxy -> zoom in Milky Way or any galaxy -> shut down with warning message
(2)Go to any galaxy -> zoom in Milky Way or any galaxy -> zoom out -> shut down with warning message

How can I solve this problem?
Is it known chronic bug with SE? :'(

Here are se.txt files about 2 situations and my computer environment.
Thank you for help.

PS) This glitch sometimes appears when I move in very high velocity in space.

Using SE: Space Engine 0.974 RC3
CPU: Intel i5-4690 (3.5-3.9 Ghz)
VGA: GTX 750Ti vram 2gb
Ram: 8GB

Using addons:
New galaxies!!
Bambusmans Nebulas 2.0!
AstriNiki's mods (just use flare files)
Modification of the mountains
Rodrigo's Terrain Mods

Attachments: se1.txt(52Kb) · se2.log(78Kb)

Edited by Rigel - Saturday, 16.07.2016, 12:39

PlutonianEmpireDate: Saturday, 16.07.2016, 18:12 | Message # 3128
Pioneer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Yes, according to new climate models.

That's cool. Does this feature account for tide locked circumbinary worlds that orbit relatively equal stars, so that the border between coverage 1 and coverage 0 remains in the night side? I do think it would be kinda cool to add some procedural variations to the border, so that worlds with high cloud coverage can have some longer tendrils sticking a little bit into the night and day sides, especially for a little additional realism. biggrin

Anyways, thank you for the heads up! smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

SpaceHopperDate: Saturday, 16.07.2016, 21:00 | Message # 3129
Explorer
United States
Quote Voekoevaka ()
but I noticed a glitvh on the altitufr vounyrt : it jumps from 0.11 to 1.10.

I see your fingers slipped over one key by mistake. The first two words I know are "glitch" and "altitude", but what's the last word you mistyped supposed to be?

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

FastFourierTransformDate: Saturday, 16.07.2016, 21:08 | Message # 3130
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Quote SpaceHopper ()
but what's the last word you mistyped supposed to be?

"counter" probably, since his fingers slipped in the same direction on the two previous words

Edited by FastFourierTransform - Saturday, 16.07.2016, 21:08

JackDoleDate: Saturday, 16.07.2016, 21:49 | Message # 3131
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote Voekoevaka ()
I tried to place myself at 1UA from Deneb, but I noticed a glitvh on the altitufr vounyrt : it jumps from 0.11 to 1.10.

I do not know what this 'vounyrt' caused - the word which should stand there, in my opinion, is 'hauteur' = height.

What is meant is this:
If one tries to approach to one astronomical unit to Deneb, the value jumped suddenly from 1.12 AU to 0.11 AU. And back when you move back.

This is not a glitch.
These are two different values.
The first is the distance to the center of Deneb, the second is the height above the surface of Deneb.

When approaching an object at a certain distance, this value changes from distance to height (hauteur).

Quote FastFourierTransform ()
"counter" probably, since his fingers slipped in the same direction on the two previous words

Probably 'counter' is correct. 'altitude counter' !

Attachments: 0570476.jpg(71Kb) · 4658594.jpg(70Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Saturday, 16.07.2016, 22:53

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 17.07.2016, 00:16 | Message # 3132
Pioneer
United States
I have noticed that when world building, if you add craters to a terra with low surface relief that previously did not have craters, and dont change anything else, the sea level will drop, even though you didn't change anything else on the terra except adding craters.

For example, my own terraformed Pluto uses the old procedural parameters from the last version of SE to use a procedural surface before the Pluto cubemaps were added, with a BumpHeight of 7.3528 and an arbitrary Offset of 4 (so 4 km oceans to add to the 11,000 foot montes found by New Horizons), and an Ocean Height of 4 km to match the offset. Without craters, in RC3 at least, TF pluto is pretty watery. When I add the craters, the ocean level drops, resulting in larger continents with more rivers (my RC3 uses Rodrigos and mine terrain mods).

Are the craters inadvertently deepening the terrain offsets somehow, or is this an intended normal for RC 3?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

peytonious12Date: Sunday, 17.07.2016, 01:13 | Message # 3133
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
I'm really enjoying it. I saw a poll on the site which was in favor for adding planetary features such as rocks and stuff like that, which I am really excited to possibly see in the future. I think this is a good extension.

admiralsirjohnDate: Monday, 18.07.2016, 15:51 | Message # 3134
Astronaut
Pirate
I've been trying out the new version, and have gotten everything working with almost no problem (couple of graphics glitches, such as my custom system's primary being a flat disc, but they seem to be spurious and tend to go away when my low-end but fairly modern nVidia/Zotac 550ti catches up).

I do have a question, though. If it's already been answered, I apologize.

When putting custom textures on a planet, can they be done as cylindrical/spherical projected .png or do they still have to be cubic projection .raw files?

John H. Harris
Lightwave user, Trekkie, and wannabe Hugo Award winner.
(Ah, who am I kidding...?)

Edited by admiralsirjohn - Monday, 18.07.2016, 16:02

JackDoleDate: Monday, 18.07.2016, 16:36 | Message # 3135
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote admiralsirjohn ()
When putting custom textures on a planet, can they be done as cylindrical/spherical projected .png

You can use cylindrical textures, in this form:

Code

Surface
    {
        DiffMap        "surface_diff.*"
        DiffMapAlpha   "Water"

BumpMap        "surface_bump.*"
        BumpHeight      19.475
        BumpOffset      10.896

GlowMap        "night_light.*"
        GlowMode       "Night"
        GlowColor      (1.00 0.90 0.66)
        GlowBright      1.0
    }

But if you want higher resolutions and real bump mapping, you should use CubeMaps.

How this works is described here: MOD - Creating custom textures for planets 0.97

There you will find also the necessary tools.

Don't forget to look here.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 209 of 221«12207208209210211220221»
Search: