Page 199 of 221«12197198199200201220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Wicker1MDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 19:29 | Message # 2971
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
I think you should update your drivers like I did.
Go to Device Manager by (for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1) pressing the Windows and X keys together or (for Windows 10) right-mouse clicking on the Windows Start icon and selecting Device Manager.
Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
Expand the Display adapters section.
Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
Then click "Search automatically for updated driver software".
You will have to free up some space on your disk if you get a message saying there's not enough space.

I tried updating my graphics drivers, but the glitch with the gas giant atmospheres is still there. My computer says that my graphics drivers are up to date.

Attachments: 8010024.jpg(134Kb) · 6462115.jpg(134Kb)

Edited by Wicker1M - Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 19:30

Wicker1MDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 19:35 | Message # 2972
Astronaut
United States
My computer is an Acer Aspire E5-571. My graphics card is an Intel Graphics HD 4400. My operating system is Windows 10.

Edited by Wicker1M - Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 19:36

Wicker1MDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 20:03 | Message # 2973
Astronaut
United States
I also want to point out a discrepancy between the age of Nu Phoenicis shown in RC3 compared to the age of Nu Phoenicis stated in the Nu Phoenicis Wikipedia article:

Wikipedia states that Nu Phoenicis is 5.7 Gyr. However Space Engine RC3 shows Nu Phoenicis as a much younger star.
Wikipedia's article is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_Phoenicis

Attachments: 8407591.jpg(189Kb)

ZackGDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 21:39 | Message # 2974
Space Pilot
United States
Got a bug. 91 Aquarii shows that its a hypergiant with a magnitude of -14. That cant be right at all

MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth Mark I
CPU:Intel I7 4790 3.6Ghz
GPU:NVIDIA GTX960 4GB
Memory:32GB 1600Mhz (Corsair 4x8GB)

TyrannoFanDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 21:43 | Message # 2975
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
Not to all situation, for example, if want to put the ship in orbit of an moon of a gas giant, if the gravity of the gas giant is considered in the simulation the effect in the orbit can be very noticeable. I'm asking this 'cause I know that in Kerbal Space Program, for example, the physics isn't N-Body, it's not so realistic but make the gameplay much more easy

Quote pfjarschel ()
To really check this, an interesting experiment would be to find two planets that are very close (that is, a moon that is almost as big as the planet), and try to enter a high orbit on any one of them... Should be cool to watch what happens!

I am certain that the game uses N-body physics for your ship at least to a certain extent. The orbital paths do not show your trajectory according to N-body physics, but I have noticed while orbiting a body, a moon for example can make my orbit unstable and make it wobble, and at some point I was kicked out of a system after waiting a while. I am sure you can even take advantage of Lagrange points if you know how.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 22:11 | Message # 2976
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote TyrannoFan ()
I am sure you can even take advantage of Lagrange points if you know how.

You can, but the physics are not 100% and if you don't switch orbital mode those become unstable as well.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

WallengardDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 23:05 | Message # 2977
Observer
Finland
Found this in one of the saved locations, labelled as a brown dwarf star.

Also on a side note, I'm having some issues with the pause menu. If I hit esc, sometimes it goes to the menu, sometimes the gui just disappears and I need to keep pressing the key until it works, same goes for getting out of the menu.

Attachments: 1260999.jpg(404Kb)

the_nerervarineDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 23:46 | Message # 2978
Space Pilot
United States
Can we force MSAA through the GPU drivers now? The only reason I ask is sometimes driver forced AA yields better performance in some cases.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

steeljaw354Date: Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 13:08 | Message # 2979
World Builder
Pirate
Is there anything I can do about the over exaggerated levels of CO2 in terra atmospheres?

pfjarschelDate: Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 13:39 | Message # 2980
Space Tourist
Pirate
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
Not to all situation, for example, if want to put the ship in orbit of an moon of a gas giant, if the gravity of the gas giant is considered in the simulation the effect in the orbit can be very noticeable.

Indeed, I didn't think of that at first, that's why I thought about two planets close to each other... The issues of posting without reviewing :P

Anyway, I just ran a quick test with Io and Jupiter, and the point where Jupiter's gravity gets more important than Io's is still very close to it (~4200 km), and the acceleration at this point is ~0.41 m/s2. These values are still very expressive when orbiting, since when I was going around Io, I accelerated time and the orbit was clearly affected, up to the point when I eventually escaped Io's orbit, but remained on a stable course around Jupiter. Io could still influence my path when I was passing close to it, but not enough to "capture" me again.

So, as TyrannoFan and Doctor have pointed out:
Many bodies simulation: Yes.
Accurate simulation: To a very good extent, but it's hard to estimate its accuracy without doing some heavy calculations... I'm sure it behaves realisticly (is this even a word?) enough on most situations, though!

"Rush, Where the hell are we?"
"Several billion light years from home."

pfjarschelDate: Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 13:44 | Message # 2981
Space Tourist
Pirate
Quote steeljaw354 ()
Is there anything I can do about the over exaggerated levels of CO2 in terra atmospheres?

I think this is one of the most asked questions here. In short, yes, but in a limited way: You have to enter edit mode, export the script, and then edit the values with notepad. But keep in mind that you have to import the planet again, as if it was a mod (but then you have to export the whole system). There are resources here on the forum that explain how to export/import systems.

But, if you want to change the chance of finding a perfectly habitable planet (not that much CO2) that was proceduraly generated, there's no way.

"Rush, Where the hell are we?"
"Several billion light years from home."

Edited by pfjarschel - Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 13:46

HetairosDate: Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 17:08 | Message # 2982
Observer
Poland
I'm getting some shoreline artifacts on RS 1375-287-6-235226-173-1, using an AMD Radeon R9 280X GPU with the newest (16.5.1) drivers. Changing the settings does nothing.

Attachments: 9062009.png(423Kb)

AlekDate: Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 17:42 | Message # 2983
Pioneer
United States
Quote Alek ()
Sounds like an awesome update! I'll check it out, however, I'm curious:

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
- Implemented planemo (rogue planets), updates in the Map mode, Star browser and Solar system browser

How was this accomplished? I thought that there coordinate problems with this, or something of that nature?

Seems to have been buried...

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

Wicker1MDate: Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 18:47 | Message # 2984
Astronaut
United States
Quote Wallengard ()
Found this in one of the saved locations, labelled as a brown dwarf star.

Also on a side note, I'm having some issues with the pause menu. If I hit esc, sometimes it goes to the menu, sometimes the gui just disappears and I need to keep pressing the key until it works, same goes for getting out of the menu.
Attachments: 1260999.jpg(404Kb)

I don't see how there is anything wrong with the brown dwarf.

It is interesting that you say that the pause menu and the esc button are glitchy. Sometimes it glitches on my machine too.
Could you show us your log file?
What computer system are you using? What graphics card are you using?

WallengardDate: Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 19:35 | Message # 2985
Observer
Finland
Quote Wicker1M ()
I don't see how there is anything wrong with the brown dwarf.

It is interesting that you say that the pause menu and the esc button are glitchy. Sometimes it glitches on my machine too.
Could you show us your log file?
What computer system are you using? What graphics card are you using?

Really? Perhaps it's just my ignorance then because that looks like a planet to me.

I've got an i7 4770s, gtx 970, 8gb ram running on Windows 8 and an m11ad motherboard. I will post a log file as soon as I'm at the computer again (writing this from my phone)

Best regards,
Daniel

Edited by Wallengard - Wednesday, 29.06.2016, 19:43

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 199 of 221«12197198199200201220221»
Search: